Broadway at the Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC
Click each photo to view at full size, and click your back button to return to this page.
All photos and copy byPatricia Blackstock
Broadway at the Beach has 3 WebCams - CLICK HERE!
Broadway at the Beach official website
Photos Above :1. Beach Rider Speed Boat 2. Tilted Kilt 3. June crowds. 4. Crabby Jack's General Store and Stuff YouNeed 5. Panorama. Broadway at the Beach
April, 2011 Photos: Wonder Works has opened the Upside Down House at Broadway at the Beach. 50,000 square feet in size and 97 feet tall. The attraction is an “amusement park for the mind,” combining education and entertainment in over 100 hands-on exhibits that will spark the imagination and stimulate the mind. Visitors to the attraction will enjoy a variety of experiences including being blown away by 74 mile per hour hurricane-force winds, maneuvering the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lying on a bed of 3,500 nails, piloting a fighter jet, designing and riding a 360 degee e virtual roller coaster, playing virtual sports and competing in a game of lazer-tag.
NEW photos s in 2011 1. Carlos 'n Charlie's Restaurant (former Pizza Uno location) 2. Wonderworks Upside Down house. 3. Capriz (former Tripps location) 4. and 5.. Kevin Hines and a display inaside Boardwalk Winery. Kevin and his wife Erica recently opened Boardwalk Winery (near Margaritaville) 5.Charley's (next to Sr. Frog) Below: 2010 - A zip line opened at Broadway at the Beach, developed by WonderWorks. It takes participants soaring 50 feet abovee Lake Broadway on a course that travels 1,000 feet between towers. Featuring a constant tension system, the dual-line course ensures participants a smooth "zip" with intense fun. The Zipline adventure is thefirst in Myrtle Beach area, and the only one over water along the east coast. It costs around $20 to ride back and forth across the lake. The zip line attraction is combined with the pirate-themed ropes challenge course - 40 feet tall, spanning three levels. In the ropes challenge course participants must navigate 33 different challenge elements which are designed with more than 3,000 ropes and cables. The course becomes progressively more difficult , offering participants the chance to compete against family members. Broadway at the Beach.
Photos, above left: 1. Zip Line Broadway at the Beach 2. Zip Line 3.Rope Challenge 4. Food Court (formerlyGeneral Store, now Sweet Carolina's) 5. Joe's Crab Shack
Above Photos : Halloween at Broadway at the Beach 2. The back of Key West Grill 3. Back of Senor Frog's 4. Kiddie Ride area Broadway at the Beach 5. Stupid Factory
Above: 1. Water Balls photo (Seasonal) 2. and 3. IMAX 3D (no longer open.) 4. Miss Broadway no longer in operation 5. Liberty Steak House Broadway at the Beach
1. Gary, Wally and Gail at Joe's Crab Shack 2. Celebrity Square 3. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville 3. Dragon Lair's Mini Golf 5. Magi Quest Broadway at the Beach
Pictures above: IMAX (now closed) and Dragon Lair 2. Kiss Coffee 3. Pizza in the Nostalgia Park 4. Miss Broadway Boat Taxi (now closed) Kids' Ride: PavilionNostolgia Park
Photos above: 1 Pavilion Nostolgia was 75% off 3, 4, 5. The Herschell - Spillman Carousel 191 2The Herschell - Spillman Carousel became part of the Pavilion in 1950. When the Pavilion closed in 2006 it was moved to Broadway at the Beach. Instead of featuring only horses, this carousel is a colorful, spectacular sight, featuring painted frogs, flying pigs, giraffes, zebras, lions and more. Located in the Pavilion Nostalgia Area at Broadway at the Beach. This German Baden Band Organ was first exhibited at the 1900 World Exposition in Paris. Featuring 89 keys and 400 pipes, the organ and dancing to each tune . It still runs on what it did more than 100 years ago - hand-fed cardboard sheet music. It is now at Broadway at the Beach, in the Pavilion Nostalgia park.
1. Wheel of Fortune 2. Jelly Bean Sandcastle at "If It's Sugar," Broadway at the Beach. 3.Key Werst Grille. Senor Frog's 5. Pirate Ride 5. One of the many statues at Broadway at the Beach
Above 1. The Dragon at Dragon's Lair Mini Golf 2. Carousel in the rain. 3. and 4. Selling is a tough job! 5. Tree Carvings 6. Paddle Boats at Broadway at the Beach
1. The Big Chair 2. Sunset at Broadway at the Beach 3. Muscovy Duck 4. Statue 5. Tea Cups at Pavilion Nostalgia Park 6. I gave this mime a dollar, but he still wouldn't smile.
1. The Boot at Kiss Coffee (now closed!) . 2. TravelingVietnam Memorial Wall 3. and 4. Dragon's Lair Mini Golfn5. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville 6. Christmas Tree
1. Carousel Horses 2. Funnel Cakes stand - Broadway at the Beach 3. Kids' Train Ride 4. Eat at Joe's Crab Shack 5. Swing Ride 6. Tilted Kilt Broadway at the Beach
Photos above: 1. Liberty Steakhouse 2. and 3. Bumper-car ride at the Pavilion areaa, Broadway at the Beach. 4. Wally, Pat and Mary feeding fish 5. Landry's at Broadway at the Beach 6. Swing Ride at night
Speed Boats on Lake Broadway
New pictures for 2012!
1. Man Cave 2. Broadway at the Beach Mirror Maze! Take part in a 1930s bank robbery which goes through the backstage of a theatre 3. Sweet Carolina's, located in the former location of the General Store, Broadway at the Beach 4. Beach Rider Speed Boats are always busy at Broadway at the Beach!
July, 2012 -Photos of Broadway T-Shirts 2. Lmonade! 3. Pavilion Nostalgia Park 4. Capriz Italian Restaurant, Broadway at the Beach
July, 2012 1. LEGO Surfer Girl 2. Sunami Surf Shop 3. Ride the inflateble bulls! 4. Wet Willie's 5. Crowds enjoying Broadway at the Beach.
Zip Line overlooking Lake Broadway 2. and 3. Panos overlooking Lake Broadway. .4. Magi Quest Broadway at the Beach. 5. Fric 'n Frac 5. Horry County students visiting Broadway at the Beach enjoying their day away from class!
Pictures Above: 1.New caricature kiosk 2011. 2. Street scene, Broadway at the Beach 3. Johnny Rocket's 4. Rope challenge and Zip Line 5.Teacup on Pavilion area.
2012 Broadway at the Beach season photos
1. "Big D" at Broadway at the Beach has replaced the IMAX theater. Carmike Cinemas presents promotions, shows, time schedules. 2. Swan Rides have been added to the boats behind Joe's Crab Shack. 3. Lots of bubbles to buy or entertain are always available when you visit Broadway at the Beach. 4. A mimic performs on the street, delighting visitors. 4. Fudgery Singers wntertain at the Fudge Shop, Broadway at the Beach
More 2013 Broadway at the Beach photos
Above: 1. Back of Aquarium 2. -Herschell-Spillman Carousel (see middle of this page for information and history) 3. View of Wonder Works Upside-Down House 4. Pirate Boat near Dragon's Lair at Broadway at the Beach
NEW! 2013 Broadway at the Beach season photos
Our REVIEW and PHOTOS of fhe UFO Encounters! opened opened April 4, 2013. Prices and hours for UFO Encounters are listed above. 3. Caterpillar Ride 4. BGD (Carmick Theater) 5. Entrance to Dragon's Lair Miniature Golf at Broadway at the Beach
May, 2013 Elvis and the Blues Brothers make an appearance at Broadway at! the Beach 3.. Crabby Jill's 4. Beach Rider making waves in Lake Broadway.
1. The Barge at Brodway at the Beach. 2. Stilts and balloons for the kids at Margaritaville, Broadway at the Beach. 3. Information about the Morris Island Lighthouse 4. The Morris Island replica next to Margaritaville. Broadway at the Beach. 5. Happy people enjoying a leisurely boat ride on one of the Swan Boats on Lake Broadway.
1. Yours and Mayan (new store.) 2. People playing homemade drums . Children learning to be drummers at Broadway at the Beach. 3. Drummers again. ! 4. Catch a Fish! 5. Balloons for tips at Broadway at the Beach
Girl on Carousel 2. Palace Theatre 3. phone booth near Hard Rock 4. Pirate Ride 5. Cupcakes (new- near Margaritaville)