Best Photos of
Broadway at the Beach!
Myrtle Beach, SC
Click each photo to view full size, then click your back button to return to this page.
All photos and copy by Patricia Blackstock
Broadway at the Beach official website
Photos Above :1. Beach Rider Speed Boat 2. Tilted Kilt (now closed) 3. June crowds 4. Crabby Jack's General Store and Stuff you Need 5. Panorama. of Broadway at the Beach
April, 2011 Photos: Wonder Works the Upside Down House. 50,000 square feet in size and 97 feet tall. The attraction is an “amusement park for the mind,” combining education and entertainment in over 100 hands-on exhibits that will spark the imagination and stimulate the mind. Visitors to the attraction will enjoy a variety of experiences including being blown away by 74 mile per hour hurricane-force winds, maneuvering the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lying on a bed of 3,500 nails, piloting a fighter jet, designing and riding a 360 degree virtual roller coaster playing virtual sports an competition in a game of lazar tag. My photos for a visit with our grandson.
NEW photos s in 2011 - 1. Carlos 'n Charlie's Restaurant 2. Wonderworks Upside Down house. 3. Capriz (former Tripps location) 4. and 5. Kevin Hines and a display inside Boardwalk Winery. Kevin and his wife Erica recently opened Boardwalk Winery (near Margaritaville) 5. Charley's (next to Sr. Frog) Below: 2010 - A zip line opened at Broadway at the Beach, developed by WonderWorks. It takes participants soaring 50 feet above Lake Broadway on a course that travels 1,000 feet between towers. Featuring a constant tension system the dual-line course ensures participants a smooth "zip" with intense fun. The Zipline adventure is the first in Myrtle Beach area, and the only one over water along the east coast. It costs around $20. to ride back and forth across the lake. The Zip Line attraction is combined with the pirate-themed ropes challenge course - 40 feet tall, spanning 3 levels. In the ropes challenge course participants must navigate 33 different challenge elements which are designed with 3,000 ropes and cables. The course becomes progressively more difficult, offering participants the chance to compete against familymembers. Broadwya at the Beach
Photos, above left: 1. Zip Line Broadway at the Beach 2. Zipline 3. Rope Challenge 4. Food Court (formerly General Store, now Sweet Carolina's) 5. Joe's Crab Shack
Above Photos : Halloween at Broadway at the Beach. 2. The Back of Key West Grill 3. Back of Senor Frog's 4. Childrens ride Broadway at the Beach 5. Stupid Factory
Above: 1. Water Balls photo (Seasonal) 2. and 3. IMAX 3D (no longer open.) 4. Miss Broadway is no longer in operation. Liberty Steakhouse at Broadway at the Beach
1. Gary, Wally and Gail at Joe's Crab Shack 2. Celebrity Square. 3. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville 4. Dragon Lair's Mini Golf 5. Magi Quest Broadway at the Beach
Pictures above: IMAX (now closed) and Dragon Lair 2. Kiss Coffee 3. Pizza in the Nostalgia Park. 4. Miss Broadway Boat Taxi (now closed) Kids' Ride: Pavilion Nostalgia Park
Photos above: 1. Pavilion Nostalgia was 75% off 3, 4, 5. The Herschell - Spillman Carousel 191 2The Herschell - Spillman Carousel became part of the Pavilion in 1950. When the Pavilion closed in 2006 it was moved to Broadway at the Beach. Instead of featuring only merry-go-round horses, this carousel is a colorful, spectacular sight, featuring painted frogs, flying pigs, giraffes, zebras, lions and more. Located in the Pavilion Nostalgia Area at Broadway at the Beach. This German Baden Band Organ was first exhibited at the 1900 World Exposition in Paris. Featuring 89 keys and 400 pipes, the organ and dancing to eacg tune. .It still runs on a system more than 100 years ago - hand-fed cardboard sheet music.
1. Wheel of Fortune 2. Jelly Bean Sandcastle at "If It's Sugar," Broadway at the Beach 3.Key West Grille. 4. Senor Frog's 5. One of the many statues at Broadway at the Beach
Above 1. The Dragon at Dragon's Lair Mini Golf 2. Carousel in the rain. 3. and 4. Selling is a tough job! 5. Tree Carvings 6. Paddle Boats at Broadway at the Beach
1. The Big Chair 2. Sunset at Broadway at the Beach 3. Muscovy Duck 4. Statue 5. Tea Cups at the Pavilion Nostalgia Park 6. I gave this mine a dollar, but he still wouldn't smile.
1. The Boot at Kiss Coffee (now closed!) . 2. Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall 3. and 4 . Dragon's Lair mini Golf 5. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville 6. Christmas Tree 7. Pair of Mallards
1. Carousel Horses 2. Funnel Cakes stand - Broadway at the Beach 3. Kids' Train Ride 4. Eat at Joe's Crabshack 5. Swing Ride 6. Tilted Kilt Broadway at the Beach
Photos above: 1. Liberty Steakhouse 2. and 3. Bumper Car rides at the Pavilion area, Broadway at the Beach 4. Wally, Pat nd Mary feeding the fish. 5. Landry's at Broadway at the Beach 6. Broadway at the Beach's Swing Ride
Speed Boats on Lake Broadway
1. Man Cave 2. Broadway at the Beach Mirror Maze! Take part in a 1930 bank robbery which goes through the backstage of a theatre 3. Sweet Carolina's, located in the former location of the General Store, Broadway at the Beach 4. Beach Rider Speed Boats are always popular at Broadway at the Beach.
July, 2012 -Photos of Broadway T-shirts, Broadway Lemonade 3. Pavalion Nostalgia Park 4. Capriz Itaqlian Restaurant at Broadway at the Beach
July, 2012. 1. LEGO Surfer Girl. l 2. Tsunami Surfwear 3. Inflatable bulls! 4. Wet Willie's 5. Crowds enjoying Broadway at the Beach.
Zip Line overlooing Lake Broadway 2. and 3. Panos overlooking Lake Broadway. 4. Magi Questt, Broadway at the Beach 5. Fric 'n Frac 5. Horry County students visiting Broadway at the Beach, enjoying their day away from the class room!
Pictures Above: 1.New caricature kiosk 2011. 2. Street scene, Broadway at the Beach 3. Johnny Rocket's 4. Rope challenge and Zip Line 5.Teacup on Pavilion area.
2012 Broadway at the Beach season photos
1. "Big D" at Broadway at the Beach has replaced IMAX theater. Carmike Cinemas presents promotions, shows, time schedules. 2. Swan Riders behind Joe's Crab Shack 3. We usually see a lot of a lot of bubbles when we visit Broadway at the Beach. 4. A mime performs on the street, delighting visitors. . 4. Fungery Singers entertain at the Fudge Shop at Broadway at the Beach
1. Beach Rider Speed Boats 2. TheMaze and Bank Vault 3. and 4. new Bubble Balls at Broadway at the Beach 5. View at dusk. Rocket Tide amd Hampton Innn, Broadway at the Beach
Above: 1. Back of Ripley's Aquarium 2. Herschell-Spillman Carousel (See middle of this page for mor3e information and history) 3. View of Wonder Works Upsidedown house 4. Pirate Boat near Dragon's Lair at Broadway at the Beach.
May, 2013 - Elvis and the Blues Brothers make an appearance ae Broadwat at the Beach! 3. Crabby Jill's 4. Beach Rider making waves on Lake Broadway
1. The Barge at Broadway at the Beach . 2. Stilts and Balloons abound at Margaritaville, Broadway at the Beach 5. Sign to commemorate Morris Island's Lighthouse. 5. A happy couple, enjoying a leisurely Swan Boat Ride on Lake Broadway.
1. Yours and Maysan (new store.) 2. People playing homemade drums. Children learning to be drummers at Broadway at the Beach. . 3. Drummers again ! 4. Catch a fish 5. Balloons for tips at Broadway at the Beach
Girl on Carousel 2. Palace Theatre 3. Phone booth near Hard Rock Restaurant 4. Pirate Ride 5. Cupcakes (new - near Margaritaville) Broadway at the Beach
2014 - Best hotos of Broadway at Broadway at the Beach! 1. Former Kiss Cafe has become the Rooster Bar & Grill. 2. and 3. Front and back of new Speed Ride. 4. New Custom Signs at Broadway at the Beach 5. New ride for 2014 at Broadway at the Beach
2014 - Best Photos of Broadway at the Beach! 1. Rocket Flyer towering to 180-feet high near the Hampton Inn 2. Rocket Flyer - close-up view of the rocket on top of the Rocket Flyer ride. 3. 2014 -a speedboat on Lake Broadway 4. Signs, signs, everywhere a sign! 5. Helicopter rides, flying over Braodway at the Beach
1. and 2.August, 2014 at dusk -Broadway at the Beach