1 and 2 Astro Motel,1725 Hwy. 17 S. Surfside Beach 3. Golden Sands, 603 S. Ocean Blvd.
4. Palmetto Vista, 2600 S. Ocean Blvd.
1. Wayfarer, 311 N. Ocean Blvd. 2. View from S. Ocean Blvd. 3. Sportsman Inn, 405 S. Ocean Blvd. 4. The Virginian, 1810 S. Ocean Blvd.
1. The Gathering Spot, 407 Yaupon Circle 2. and 3. Old Myrtle BEach vacation homes 4. Peggy Ann Apartments, 316 4th Ave, S. 5. Holiday Shores, 7301 North Ocean Blvd.
1. Sea Park,1501 N. Oean Blvd. 2. Tradewinds, 2201 Withers Drive 3. Sea Echo, 403 24th Ave. N. 4. 7 Brothers, 104 N. Ocean Blvd.
1. 2. and 3. Oliver's Lodge, 4204 Hwy. 17 in Murrells Inlet - (Insert is a "memory photo" of us, taken in 2007.) This location is now a private residence was home to a "reality" show for awhile. 4. J. Edwards, 2300 S. Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, closed in 2011.
1. Summer Sands Motel, 1402 S. Ocean Blvd. 2. Budget Inn, 502 N. Ocean Blvd. 3.Murrells Inlet 4. Moving out - SaveMore, 5033 Dick Pond Road.
Old motel near Murrells Inlet lost to fire. Only a few boards of the old structures remain, having been overtaken by nature.
1. Pawleys Island Marina and Yacht Club 2. Chesterfield Inn, 700 N. Ocean Blvd. (click photo to view more Chesterfield Inn photos during demolition.) 3. Pacific Beach Store near Family Kingdom. 4. Conway Kayak Riverfront, now closed. 5. Carousel Motel, 492 S. Ocean Blvd. 6. Wicked Stick Golf Course Clubhouse has been demolished and soon will become an Aldi Grocery Store.
1. 793 Hwy. 17 S. in Surfside Beach 2. and 3. Back and front of Fountainbleau Inn, 701 Flagg St. Myrtle Beach. 4. Midtown Motor Inn, 309 8th Ave. N 5. Sun-Fun Motel at 2305 Withers Dr., Myrtle Beach.
1. and 2. Back and front of Beverly Motel, 703 N. Ocean Blvd. 3. Crepe Myrtle, 7th Ave. N 4. Crepe Myrtle Inn (#2) and the Lancer sign at 401 7th Ave. N. 5. Mykonos, formerly Bullwinkle's, is being demolished. Photo 4/9/2016.
1. 2. Sea Palms (back and front), 308 7th Ave. N 3, 4, 5 The 24-year old Buccaneer Bay mini golf, located at 5894 S. Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, closed Aug. 16, 2013. The land now houses a Neighborhood Wal-Mart along with other developments
1. Sail Inn Motel 3507 N. Ocean Blvd. 2. 303 Flagg St. 3. Rainbow Court 411 N. Ocean Blvd. 4. Hookah Heaven 510 N. Kings Hwy. 5. Flagg Street at 6th Ave. North
1. Click on the burned building to view 7 Photos of the aftermath of the Georgetown fire, 9/25/12. 2. and 3. Beach View Apts. located on N. Ocean Blvd. between 21st Ave N and 22 Ave. N 4. Sand Dollar, located on the corner of Chester St. and 6th Ave, N. Listed for sale Dec. 2013
1. and 2. I took these two shots in Sept. 2007 and came across them recently when I was looking for something else. In case you have not already guessed, this is the site of the former Pavilion. I wanted to get inside to see what treasurers I might find in the rubble, but it was totally fenced off. You'll find more Pavilion photos in the llinks at the bottom of this page. 3. Suck Bang Blow (S.S.B.) Four Corners Murrells Inlet was sold to a local investor and demolished. This is how it looked 5/5/2014.. 4. Back of S.B.B. on 5/5/2014.
1. The old German Baden Band Organ was first exhibited at the 1900 World Exposition in Paris. Featuring 89 keys and 400 pipes, the organ offered various dancing tunes. It ran on a system more than 100 years ago - hand-fed cardboard sheet music. After the Pavilion was demolished, the band organ was moved to Broadway at the Beach. But you won't see it this season and no one knows where it is, or if it is coming back. 2. Noel Court Motel, 312 - 6th Ave. N. 3. Victory Motel 202 S Ocean Blvd. 4. Sand Bucket 603 N. Ocean Blvd.
1.Waikiki Village, 1500 S. Ocean Blvd. 2. Atlantic Holiday 403 Sixth Ave. South, 3. Southern Breeze Motel, 1901 S Ocean Blvd
4.The Oasis Motel 2 , 700 York St.
1. Oasis Motel 704 York St 2. Ocean Liner Motel 109 N Ocean Blvd. 3 OceanView Motel 204 N. Kings Hwy at 2nd Ave. N.
4.. Atlantic Sands 308 2nd Avenue N
Have your family photos taken on the beach
1. and 2. Surfside Beach 3. Capt. Juel's Hurricane Restaurant, North Myrtle Beach 4. The ramp behind Capt. Juel's. (Don't drink and walk!)
1. Sea Nymph 601 N. Ocean Blvd. 2. Two new but never finished (bankruptcy) homes demolished at the corner of Myers Ave and Yorkshire Pkwy to makre room for a new housing development. . (See Market Common ballpark in background) 3. 6th Ave. N. at Ocean Blvd. 4. Cathedral Bible College near The Market Common, close to the Red Cross Building
1. Wave Rider, 1600 S. Ocean Blvd. 2. 407 - 7th Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach 3. San Marcus Villa Motel, 204 N. Kings Hwy. 4. Side Wheeler Restaurant near the RiverWalk in Conway 5. Decaying steps of Side Wheeler Restaurant
2. 204 26th Ave. 3. View of South Ocean Blvd. 4. The Oasis Motel 5. Thee Doll house. Now standing empty. (6-14-16.) It will probably be torn down soon. It looks too dilapidated for repair. 6. Depot - empty buildings at 802 Hwy.17 S. Surfside Beach
Old Myrtle Beach!
Nostalgia at its Best
This is the way we were.
...Some are still here. Others gone...
but all remembered!
Patricia Blackstock's Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Please "like" FunBeaches on Facebook!
1. Time Out! Bar, 520 8th Ave. N, after it was destroyed by a fire Oct. 25, 2012 2. Time Out! Bar before. the fire (This Photo property of Time Out!) 3.
NASCAR Cafe, 21st. Ave. N, opened in 1998 and closed in October 2008. When it first opened, the food was good, but as time went by the quality dropped and we stopped eating there. In Jan. 2011 it was announced that NASCAR was being remodeled and would soon open as the Pat Boone Family Theater. The remodeling took place, but the building stood empty. Now, remodeled again this building has become the Hollywood Wax Museum 4.
Phillips Seafood, 1807 21st Ave. N. Formerly it was the Alabama Grill, which opened in Myrtle Beach 1994. Phillips featured Maryland-style crab cakes and a fresh seafood store, but the curb-style restaurant never caught on in Myrtle Beach. Phillips was torn down and the ground leveled on 12/3/2015. 5. Between 14th and 15th Ave. S. Ocean Blvd.
1. Planet Hollywood in "the day" 2. and 3. Planet Hollywood being demolished near the end of Oct. 2015. 4. Cedar Hill Restaurant in Murrells Inlet stood empty for a long time. It is noew the location of Graham's Landing
1. and 2. Hard Rock Cafe. The 2016 new construction at Broadway at the Beach became a new Hard Rock Cafe and demolition of the old Pyramid. The first photos shows when were both still open, during the transition. Photo two shows the bulldozers at work tearing down the old Hard Rock. 3. Riviera Motor Lodge 714 30th Avw. S. (Atlantic Beach) North Myrtle Beach 4. Myrtle Square Mall. I took this photo in 2006.