Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NASCAR Speedpark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 am 

I've read reviews but I'm still not sure about whether its worth the price to get in. I just had another question answered in an older post that I will be able to get in without having to pay since I won't be riding the go-carts. We are going with another family, two 11 years, two 13 year olds and an 11 month old. I read on TA that the park hasn't been maintained, does anyone find that to be the case? I can get tickets for $23.99, just want to make sure it's actually worth it.

I saw Wild, water and wheels yesterday online, it's more expensive and doesn't look like it has as much since we won't be any water involved...way too cold for that!

Any ideas or advice?

~Kari~

Post subject: Re: NASCAR Speedpark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am 
Forum Support

How tall are the kids? Have they done go-karts before? Your leaving in 8 days right?

I'm asking the above questions because I feel like they are important to my response.

The tracks have different height requirements. So you want them tall enough so they can take advantage of it all.

The karts I think are your standard for any type of park. For kids they are great, for adults they might be slow. Also if the kids have done more "expensive" type karting rides before they might think these are lame.

I assume the tickets include mini-golf, the wall and the park rides? Everything but the really big track and arcade... Its a nice variety.

Big plus will be your going early, so the lines shouldn't be long. Overall its a good value. Considering how expensive it is to buy tickets for the rides. Yikes!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am 

They should all be tall enough, I know my son and his friend (the 13 yr olds) are well over 5'. The other 2 are in 5th grade, I'm assuming they would be tall enough lol. I believe they have all been on gokarts before. Mine in particular has been once.

Yes, the $24 tickets include everything except the big track.

~Kari~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:44 pm 

Haven't been there in 4 or 5 years, so I can't comment on the condition of the place. But I can say that when we used to go, we loved it. The tracks are all very different, so it is worth it specifically for the variety. It's also an added plus if anyone in your family is a Nascar fan, because they have some pretty cool memorabilia (it was even better when the Nascar Cafe' was next door). And unless something has changed, it is free to enter.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm 

Awesome, thanks!! :nanner:

~Kari~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 pm 

Just remember the $23.99 is an online special so buy your tickets now, in advance and there is a $5 processing fee (1 fee for all tickets).

The tracks are older and have not been repaved, cracks but that does not take away from the fun.

The cars are also old and do not ride a smoothly as they did years ago when new.

I was just there last week and rode all the tracks except Thunder Road, I was not going to squeeze into the car for 1 timed lap around the track but a 13 years old would love it but I don't think they can drive this track as one must have a valid license.

I had fun but at 6'3" and 250 lbs the cars are a bit tight :)

You can find discounts online by typing the name of a business, the town and word discount, this works for any area of the Country in Google.

Gary