Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barefoot Resort
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am 

Has anyone stayed here before? Looks like a great place, but wanted some input.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Barefoot Resort
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm 

Wow...15 views and no replies? Is it really that bad? Just trying to get a feel for the area...
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:38 pm 

Kelharbin wrote:
Wow...15 views and no replies? Is it really that bad? Just trying to get a feel for the area...
Thanks!

Never been there. Area would be pretty good though. Only a small section of the MB Grand strand (60 miles long) to avoid and that would not be close to that. Can't comment on specifics because I have not been to the actual resort. It has to be located near barefoot landing, which is one of the premiere shopping, restaurant, and entertainment options in Myrtle Beach. Would also not be a far drive to the beach or to other entertainment like Broadway at the beach.

I would assume that the resort would be clean and updated. A couple of the golf courses that are part of the complex are some of the top rated in MB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Kelharbin. There's not a thing wrong with your post. I admit to being one who looked at it. I always hate to respond without a personal recommendation, but I have golfer friends who stayed at the Yacht Club last year and had nothing but good things to say about it. They were golfers and also remarked on all the great places to eat in that area.

I hope you will get some personal experiences to your post. It has been slow lately, but this is the time of year things start to pick up.

In the meantime here are couple links to reviews.

Yahoo reviews:
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-1038562 ... ort_golf-i

TripAdvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... olina.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm 
Forum Support

I was also one of those who viewed the post, but didn't have anything to offer really.

Is there a specific reason why you are picking Barefoot Resort? Just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 pm 

I think Barefoot Resort attracts lots of golfers and unfortunately we don't have alot of posting golfers. We can actually see Barefoot Resort from the 11th floor of our condo. The resort looks beautiful and my husband loves the Barefoot golf courses. Sorry, I know that is not alot of help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am 

Thanks guys. Believe it or not we aren't golfers at all. I saw it in one of the books we are sent and thought it looked beautiful. The cost is cheaper than staying ocean front and I'm ok with that considering if we stay in the Tower we will have an intercoastal waterway view anyway. I'm looking to spend more while I'm there on "Fun" stuff than spend it all on the rental. My husband loves to fish though, curious if there is any "land"/pier fishing in the resort.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:18 pm 

If it doesn't bother you to not be within walking distance of the beach I think Barefoot Resort would be a great place to give a try :lol: Keep us updated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am 

Hi Kel, you make sense, pay less for a nice place and use the savings to go out and really enjoy yourselves, that's what vacations and going to new places are about.

The resort in only minutes from the beach and your husband will be able to fish at Apache Pier, about 12 minutes away.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm 

We stay at random sections through Barefoot Resorts such as The Havens, Edgewood, Driftwood etc..They are mostly town houses and 2-3 bedroom condos. I don't have a bad thing to say about them. My grandfather actually stayed in the large resort that you're probably talking about a few years ago and he had no complaints. It is a very big building however. If you don't mind staying back off the ocean I would recommend trying one of the different communites like I named. Some are newer than others and it seems like they are always expanding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Kel, if you decide to stay there would you please come back here and write a short (or long) reviewing what you liked or didn't like about Barefoot? It would mean a lot to us since we don't seem to have any reviews. TIA!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall