Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 pm 

So we all agree Wednesday 19th at the open air bar at the 2nd Ave Pier???

Cathy, I will invite Leo to the meet-up.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 pm 

I had to share this story...last night I made dinner for my mother in law and we were just chit chatting about our trip in a few weeks. I explained to her that I was meeting up with some friends on Wednesday evening at a pier. She sits there for a few minutes and says so who are these friends? I told her that they are friends that I have met on the Myrtle Beach message board. She then gets this horrified look on her face and says "There is no way I am letting you meet with a bunch of people from the internet". I then explain that I had met many of you before and so had Doug and my mom. She then looks at Doug and says "You have got to be kidding me...you met people from the internet". Many of you may remember Doug was not the happiest about the first meet up I attended, but since then he is fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with his golf :roll: Needless to say my mother in law is still not ok with our meet up so I may have to bring her along just to prove what a great bunch of people this little Myrtle Beach group is :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:53 pm 

:ac41[1]:

Deanna, my mom has said the exact same thing!!!! She cannot believe that I would even entertain the idea of meeting people I only know from the internet!!! :ohnoes: My son is even worse! His reasoning is "Mom, you would never have let me do something like that and now YOU are going to????" And Danny was just like Doug the first time I mentioned going to a meet-up. Now that he has a few under his belt, he is fine with it & looks forward to seeing our friends from MBMB! :hello:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm 

Yeah Deanna, people here thought it was strange too. I know I'd be giving my boys a lecture about the same thing, but hey, we met in a public place. I thought that would be ok we could run away if it felt unsafe. Rich was the one who set this up in 2005 and I fought about going.

Now the 2nd year in 2006 I remember some of us went to Patrishs house and still didn't end up chopped up and put in her deep freeze so I really felt safe after that.

It's now the new people I meet I have to wander about :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

Day before Gettysburg meet up. Ron and I crossed paths while touring the battlefield. We had never met in person but recognized each other from the board.I think Ron's tour guide had a hard time understanding a friendship between people who had never met.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:32 pm 

So true!! I remember that trip well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Wally and I ran into Leo and Charlotte this afternoon at Costco. Charlotte says we need to stop scheduling meet-ups when she has to be out of town. Leo says he's looking forward to seeing everyone.

So are we! It will be wonderful to see everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:17 pm 

I so wish I could be there.....I wish each post had a "like" button....I found myself chuckling at some of them....people look kinda crazy at me too when I speak of my MB2 friends...I think of y'all often...hugs

Kathy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am 
Site Admin

This is fantastic! It looks like about 20 people will be there!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am 

So excited to see everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm 

Wow what a crowd. Wish we could be there too. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am 

Well I think you guys did it.... :nanner: Doug enjoyed himself last night! It has just taken me how many years to be able to say that. We both had a wonderful time seeing everyone. It is such fun being able to talk face to face with some of you who participate on the board. Everyone is just so nice and I truly do think of you all as very good friends. Thank you for making us both feel welcome. I would love to write a little personal note about each one of you, but I will spare everyone that :roll: Just know that when I left last night I had that happy feel good feeling inside because I was able to share that time with you all.

I left my camera at the resort last night so I don't have any pictures to share :mad: , but I am sure someone will post some.

Well it is time to hit the beach :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am 

Bonnie and I hadn't been to a meet-up for quite awhile, so we were looking forward to last night. Needless to say, we had a great time seeing everybody again. The location was fantastic, but, what really makes meet-ups so much fun is the great people who share a love for the whole Myrtle Beach experience. Actually, last night there were 9 of us who now call the area "home". We got a chance to say hello to everybody and renew friendships. If you get the chance to attend a meet-up, I encourage you to give it a try.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
Jim Valvano 1946-1993

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 am 
Site Admin

What Bob said. LOL!

It was fantastic seeing everyone. Wally always asks who will be there, and I told him that this time he would know everyone. And he did! What is always so amazingly beautiful to me are the lasting friendships that have been made through this message board. Yes...PEOPLE WE MET ON THE INTERNET! :clown:

We are so sorry that Katie and Brett couldn't make it, but they sent their apologies with Leo. I know many of us were looking forward to seeing them, along with the girls.

Thanks to all of you who gave up a little of your vacation time, or personal time for the locals, to come to the meet-up.

I have more photos that I'll probably add later when I get some free time. Here are the best of the bunch!

http://www.funbeaches.com/message-board-meetup.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am 

Great pictures, how fun!!