Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Golf Deals
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm 

I know that we don't have alot of talk on the board about golf so I thought I would give it an effort :shock:

Doug and I were just sitting around talking about our upcoming trip (27 days :nanner: ) and he was telling me that he had all his golf scheduled, so here are a few of his findings. After all he has put many months, days and hours into his research. :roll:

Again this year he will be playing The Legends Package which includes 3 rounds, breakfast, lunch and a beer daily for $135 plus tax. These courses have always been some of Doug's favorites. I can't even begin to tell you how many years they have played them. Apparently this is a very popular deal so Doug and his crew always get the first tee time so they are not backed up all afternoon. He also said the locals talk very highly of these courses.

Doug will also be playing The Greg Norman Course at Barefoot Landing. On Wednesdays you can play any of the Barefoot Courses for $60. Any other day of the week it is $100. It is my understanding these courses are considered some of the best in Myrtle Beach.

He is also playing The Thistle for $55. Doug has played this course before, but it has been several years ago.

Oh the 6th day he will be eating breakfast at The House of Blues and having a beach day with me :cool: Well at least that is what he is saying now. That could very well change. :roll:

Another great deal that Doug ran across in his research is at The Witch, The Wizard and Man of War. You can play all three courses for $119. Oh and that includes lunch :lol: Doug has never played any of these courses.

For Fathers Day this year Doug will be getting a gift certificate to Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach. This is only fitting since he spends every free minute he can there while on vacation. He will be so happy that his dear sweet wife has thought of this.

Post subject: Re: Golf Deals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 pm 

J-E-O-L-O-U-S!
And I don't care if I spelled it right or not! LOL

Sounds like a great time.... Legends is great and what a DEAL! (Mooreland is my favorite!)

Norman course is very good... Love is a bit better and Dye is GREAT! Doug will definitely enjoy Norman!

Now - Witch... Man.... Wizzard? Not the best on the Strand **BUT** all 3 are very playable... are VERY fun.... and have a very good staff working them....

Looks like a great trip!

PS- I come down in September for a BEACH trip - Leave the clubs home and hang with the wife! Then 7 days full golf with the guys in October..... September is tough....

Good luck Doug! Looks like a GREAT trip!