Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:01 pm 

We are taking our next trip mid Aug. this time. Anyone around then?? Would love to get together if so, let us know :sunny:

Post subject: Re: AUGUST 11-18
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 am 

We are making our reservations TODAY (Hopefully!!). Same dates as you too!!!!! As soon as I check the PELICANS schedule, I'll get back with you, or a post in the MEET UPS section. Last 2 years we did a meet up @ Kirks Ice Cream on 26th. (Maybe 27th and KINGS (?) Hwy.) We'll be at THE PALMS RESORT. (Me, wifed, son, daughter-in-law and grandson.)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

I just moved this topic to Meet-ups! :nanner:

We can go to a meetup Aug. 13th or any day after that. This far ahead, the week is open for us.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:38 am 

We're hoping to book this week and we'll be at Ocean Creek August 11-17! Hopefully I can make the meet up!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:10 pm 

We will be there the week before...hate to miss everybody!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

JoAnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:58 am 

Patrish- How does Aug. 14 or Aug. 15 sound? Kids are only going to be down with grandson for 3 days, Tues,Wed. and Thurs. of the week 12-19 because of school and work. I also want to take in one or 2 Pelicans games, that Fri. and Sat. (I want to go to 2 'cause I missed the game last year, and it will be just connie and I going to the game, and I like to get to ball park as soon as gates open. SoTues. or Wed. the 14th. or 15th. works for us. Also, if you have'nt allready, see my post marked REQUEST. Thanks, and hope to see you and Wally in a few weeks. Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:11 am 

Well folks, here we go again!!!! We have to cancel our trip. Various reasons, part medical (me) and part family. The kids work/ school schedule will not have enough time for them to come down, and I along with the wife, DO NOT want to take a "Family Vacation" without 60% of the Family not being able to be there. That, in MY opinion, IS NOT a family vacation. I have a bone spur on my elbow, which will require surgery, and with no health insurance since company we work for dropped it a few years back to "save" the company both in costs and to stay in business, the monies saved for this vacation will have to be diverted. I was going to fight the pain, deal with it, and have a family vacation, but things don't always go according to plans. Maybe betwix Christmas and New Years we'll be there, but after that, I really can't say. Sorry folks!! :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:57 am 

Awww, sorry to hear this Jeff. Like you said, maybe Christmas time will work out for you. Feel better!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am 
Site Admin

So sorry to hear this, Jeff! Hope the operation will go well and you will be able to re-schedule before the end of the year. I will probably delete this topic to avoid any confusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm 

Jeff,

Hate to hear your vacation has been cancelled yet again. How depressing. I sure hope you can work it in later in the year. I also feel your pain concerning $$ and surgery. We have what is considered good heath insurance, but this year our deductible was increased from $250 to $750. Our son Ryan just found out yesterday that he needs shoulder surgery and we are expecting with all the expenses $2,500 out of pocket. I honestly do not know how individuals with lots of health issues make it in this economy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:41 pm 
Forum Support

patrish wrote:
So sorry to hear this, Jeff! Hope the operation will go well and you will be able to re-schedule before the end of the year. I will probably delete this topic to avoid any confusion.

You could just edit the thread title and put Cancelled: AUGUST 11-18 rather then deleting the thread.

Bummer Jeff! Hopefully things will get better and you can come down toward the end of the year. Less crowds and cheaper rates. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea, Melissa! Next time I'm not thinking (that's getting to be more and more lately!) just put on your Adm Hat and go for it! :oops: Isn't that why we pay you the big bucks ? :clown:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm 

Awwww. Jeff, I was sorry to read your post. With how much you and your family love Myrtle Beach it is a shame you keep having such difficulties that keep getting in the way. My fingers are crossed that things work out that you are all able to get to the beach sooner than later.