Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:38 am 

I hate to be skeptical but sometimes....if it's too good to be true!! I keep seeing this website Roamba.com when I search for places to stay. I am a bargain shopper and I have picked a busy time to come to Myrtle.... July 5-10. Here is what they offered me.... It's crazy!!

Because it will be the first time I have booked with them.... they upgraded to 3 br from 1br (because they didn't have a 2br avail) .... So 5 nights 3 BR for $684. This is at the Wyndham Ocean Blvd....

Anyone got any comments on this?? I would love to find someone who has used them. I looked at the BBB and they are legit and have no bad comments!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 pm 

Wow...that's all I have to say.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm 

Haven't heard of Roamba. Stayed at Wyndham one trip. Very large. Long list of ammenities. Some negatives. Some positives. Really depends on how well you like large resort settings.

Ony experience with three bedrooms units has been a couple tours there. Like a large apartment. Three oceanfront towers with a fourth across street on second row. Depending on which tower. 3bdrm would probably be oceanfront. Bulk of other units are oceanview with very little view.

Ocean Blvd in July for under $700 would be a steal if there isn't some kind of catch. Maybe it's in the fourth tower facing away from the ocean.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm 
Forum Support

This is what I got off a board talking about Orlando, Fla offerings.

Quote:
"There are brokers out there (e.g. Century 21 and Vacation Strategy to name two) that seek other Wyndham owners for their points, and whose reimbursement to the owners is less than the owners’ actual maintenance costs. So they rent other people’s timeshare to 3rd parties (i.e. you). The broker is taking advantage of the owner who is getting shortchanged, since they are not even covering their maintenance cost, let alone the money they spent to acquire their timeshare. Since the broker hasn’t made that investment, he can afford to put a small fee on top of his reimbursement to the owners. The reason the owners are offering their points at a loss is probably because they cannot afford to travel themselves (my guess is because of the economy)."

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:
This is what I got off a board talking about Orlando, Fla offerings.

Quote:
"There are brokers out there (e.g. Century 21 and Vacation Strategy to name two) that seek other Wyndham owners for their points, and whose reimbursement to the owners is less than the owners’ actual maintenance costs. So they rent other people’s timeshare to 3rd parties (i.e. you). The broker is taking advantage of the owner who is getting shortchanged, since they are not even covering their maintenance cost, let alone the money they spent to acquire their timeshare. Since the broker hasn’t made that investment, he can afford to put a small fee on top of his reimbursement to the owners. The reason the owners are offering their points at a loss is probably because they cannot afford to travel themselves (my guess is because of the economy)."

Halfway explains it but still some questions. Does Roamba purchase the points, book the unit for a week before putting it out on market? Or Do they put the points they purchased out on market to be bought and used when and where the buyer wants?

Who books the unit with Wyndham? Roamba or the person buying the points?

We have half a package of Wyndham points. Pretty much worthless. The upgrading from 2 bdrm to 3 bdrm in original post is what gets my attention. In my dealings direct with Wyndham I've never been offered an upgrade. If what I ask for isn't available. They're through talking to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:03 pm 

I have booked off ebay for Wyndham properties and it worked out great. An owner booked with their points and listed on ebay, then transfered it into my name after I bought on ebay, I assume for a $99.00 fee. I got 2 days in July 2 br, at Glacier Canyon in Wisconsin for $389.00 all taxes and everything included. Thru the resort it would have cost over $900 plus tax.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 pm 

Thanks for your posts everyone!! I think that's kind of how Roamba works. They book it under my name as the Owners guest... I hope that works and i don't have a problem checking in....