Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seaside Resort
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 am 

Seaside Resort
2301 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 2958 (click for google map)

I posted this review on TripAdvisor:

The Seaside Resort was a very pleasant stay on the beach. We stayed in a two bedroom, ocean front condo from 9/29/11-10/2/11

Location: This resort is located in North Myrtle Beach, on South Ocean Blvd. I like this location, as it's far enough away from downtown areas to be less congested, and it's only about a 15-20 minute ride to downtown Myrtle Beach. We stayed in late September/Early October and practically had the beach to ourselves. It's an exaggeration, but not by much.

Price: For what you get, the price was great. Basically about $400 for the 2BR Oceanfront condo for 3 nights. This is slightly pricier in the summer months, but if you're splitting the cost between a few people, it's not too bad.

Decor: Most hotels/condos have bland decor, but I liked the Seaside's style. It was nothing fancy, but the hallways are painted in several different colors which was nice. It had some pleasant blues, greens, and oranges with some artwork hanging up. I liked it.

Amenities: The Seaside has some nice amenities. Your stay includes Indoor/Outdoor pools, Indoor/Outdoor hot tubs, a heated lazy river, free parking, a continental breakfast (You have to pay for this or decline it when you reserve), and exercise room.

Pools: The pools were pretty clean and they provide clean pool towels for everyone as you go down. The heated lazy river was nice to have in late September/Early October. The river itself is a little small, so I would imagine that during the crowded summer months it might be a fight to get into it. But I had it to myself on two occasions since this is off-season. Hot tubs were great - not scalding hot. The outdoor pool was pretty cold this time of year, and they didn't have the indoor pool closed in yet, so it was pretty cold on the cold days of my stay. The indoor pool is not very deep, so you might think of it as a kid's pool.

Exercise Room: I didn't personally use this, but it looked like a couple treadmills, an exercise bike, and some weights. Pretty small room but you can fit probably 5 or 6 people. I didn't see anyone use it, but it's definitely nice to have for those who like to keep up your routines on vacation. But really, why not just run/walk/bike the beach or South Ocean Blvd rather than coop yourself up in an exercise room. But, to each their own.

Beach Access: There are small gates in the pool area that give you access to the beach directly. Convenient.

Room: The condo itself was nice, with Washer/Dryer/Dishwasher. There were flat screen TVs in each bedroom and a bigger one in the living area, but there was only basic cable and not in HD, so the quality of the picture was stretched and pretty poor by today's standards. When we got there, the room was clean and ready for us. Note that on our stay, there was no housekeeping services. I think they don't give housekeeping unless you stay for a week, but I'm not sure exactly. This didn't matter much to us, but it might to some of you. The bedrooms were nice, with two queen beds in each. One bedroom had its own balcony, the other balcony was in the living area. The living area itself was pretty nice, but I thought a tad small for a 2BR. I'm not complaining though, it was a good space, but I can see it getting crowded if you have a lot of people in there.

Parking: There are two options for parking, an indoor parking garage that makes up the first 4 or 5 floors of the building, and an extra outdoor parking lot across the street. The parking garage is tight. And I mean tight. I couldn't make the turns without having to back up and turn tighter as you go up the ramps. I have parked in many a parking garage in my time, and this was by far the tightest squeeze. I opted to park across the street in the outdoor lot.

Breakfast: Note: I didn't get the breakfast, as we like to go out for breakfast, but the staff was kind enough to let my father and sister grab some coffee from the breakfast room early in the morning. I honestly didn't go into the breakfast room so I can't really comment on it. I think it's standard toast-your-own bagels and such. My advice is to save the breakfast deposit and eat out if you enjoy a good breakfast on vacation.

Staff: From my interactions with the staff, I can say that they were very friendly. I didn't have any issues, so I can't attest to their handling of problems, but I suspect that they would be willing to help out with anything they can do. There is a lobby on the 1st floor and every time I went in, someone asked me if I needed anything.

I also want to point out that I had reserved a condo in late August, but Hurricane Irene cancelled my flight. Seaside refunded all of the money but the deposit, and I am still in the process of waiting for the travel insurance to see if they will cover the deposit. At least they gave back all but the deposit without any sort of an issue whatsoever. That was nice.

The only negatives I can come up with is that the parking garage is a tight fit, the television (cable) quality is a low quality standard-definition, and perhaps the living area could've been a bit bigger, but the rest of the stay is highly positive.

Conclusion: I enjoyed my stay at this Resort. The prices for staying here are very reasonable. It was comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: They offer ocean FRONT and ocean VIEW. Make sure you know what you're reserving. Prices are better in the off-season, but still very reasonable during peak months.

Post subject: Re: Seaside Resort
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting your review! I'm sure it will be a big help to others considering this location!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall