Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: World Tour & Arrowhead
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 pm 

Hi, everyone we will be there in about 3 weeks and are considering playing Arrowhead & The World Tour course. We are about 18 handicap golfers and have played Man O' War, Oyster Bay, Crow Creek, Tidewater, The Wizard, & The Witch on past trips plus a few others 10 or 12 years ago.
Any comments on World Tour or Arrowhead?

thanks, Don

Surfmaster in Garden City - 2009
Breakers - 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

I've played both, and they are great courses! World Tour is really a wonderful course and it's cool to play replicas of famous holes. Some of the holes are quite difficult, some are not. Played Arrowhead a couple times, and it also was a fun course to play. I think you'll be happy with them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 am 

You'll enjoy both courses, World Tour as Ron explained and Arrowhead has 3 9 hole layouts, which are very well done with the appropriate hazards and or water which come into play. The course is not overrun with homes like so many, I was fortunate enough to play Wicked Stick a few times before any houses were built, it was a great wide open smack that ball course, no more, you play like that and your in someone's yard and don't dare try and get your ball, the old folks will come out and yell at you while threatening to beat you with a broom :)

Enjoy the beach and hit em well

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:32 pm 

Thanks, Ron & Gary, for the comments. They sound like great courses and we are going to go ahead and book them. I will add a review after we have played them. Hopefully, they will survice a couple of 'hackers'.

Don

Surfmaster in Garden City - 2009
Breakers - 2010 - 2011

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm 

Both are good courses. Also, both have 27 holes in case you want to get a little more golf in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:26 pm 

I played Arrowhead towards the end of October and enjoyed it, good practice area with balls arranged in a triangle just like the pro's, started the round on time although the round itself was a little slow, getting on for 5 hours. Course in good condition, some of the holes make you think, especially if you are not long off the tee. Well worth playing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm 

We played Arrowhead in June. The course is nice and we found the staff to be top notch. A lot of work has been put into making the course look good. The landscaping around some of the holes looked to be well cared for creating some very pretty holes. The course was not very crowded at all, so slow play was not a factor. We will probably go back again next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:24 pm 

Played the World Tour in June, their International Nine and their Championship Nine, very professional in the presentation, met at the gatehouse, directed to the cub house, buggy waiting for you which has a sat nav system to tell you how far it is to hazards and the green. Marshalls are constantly going round to ensure a reasonable speed of play, when you come off at the end of the round you are met by a man with a wet towel, (it was a very warm day,) your clubs are cleaned and taken to your car. The course was in good condition, really enjoyed my round and look forward to playing here again.
Peter (Happy Hacker)