Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about Sea Mist
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 pm 

Hi. I have a quick question about this hotel. I have a room booked for the weekend of April 22-24th. I booked a room in the Palms building but am having second thoughts. Can anyone give me some advise. I booked the package deal with the waterpark and tickets to Family Kingdom because we will have a 9 yr old and 11 yr old on the trip and thought they would love that but if the place is really bad then I will cancel or change to a different building. Any help would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 pm 

You'll see mixed reviews all over the internet for the Sea Mist. We've stayed there several times, but it has been at least 5 or 6 years since we've been there, so any review we can give would be old. And I must preface everything below with the statement that we've only been to the Sea Mist in July. I've never been to Myrtle Beach in April, so I don't know how the weather will affect all of the stuff they have to offer at the Sea Mist.

That said, we really enjoyed the Sea Mist. And we really liked the Palms building. It was very festive overlooking the waterpark, and at that time they always had "beach" music playing and games going on every day. The waterpark is fun, and a good deal. Much of the waterpark is for very young kids, but the Lazy River is outstanding, and the big slide is really fun. The miniature golf course and the arcade are both beside the Palms building.

There has been renovations over the years at the Sea Mist. I know that when we stayed in the Palms Building in 2004, it had just been renovated and was very nicely decorated. Very pretty coral colors, and hardwood floors. I do not know what the current condition is, but I would be willing to bet that it is still very nice. It's not a "Hyatt" or a "Marriott," but we thought the Palms building was very nice.

The big concern everyone has is being "across the street" from the Ocean. Staying in the Palms Building at the Sea Mist is the only time we've ever stayed "across the street." I don't think I would do it at any other hotel, but since the waterpark was so great, it really was fun being on that side. The Sea Mist has a tunnel under the road, which makes you feel much safer crossing. When you get down on the beach, there is a beach bar that serves burgers and sandwiches, and that's fun. There are also multiple pools at the different buildings.

There is a fantastic pizza place next door to the Sea Mist called Dinos. Even though we no longer stay at the Sea Mist, we still drive down there just to get a pizza from Dinos. Also close-by are a Food Lion, and the Pirate's Watch miniature golf courses.

With the package deal, we did not have the opportunity to visit the Family Kingdom Amusement Park every night (nor would we want to). But we did go at least once per trip, and it was definitely worth it. The BIG surprise for us was the one time that we took advantage of the free daily passes to the Family Kingdom Waterpark. We loved the waterpark at the Family Kingdom. We've driven by it for years, and never realized just how much they have packed in there. If you do have the vacation package at the Sea Mist, be SURE to take 1 afternoon and visit the Family Kingdom Waterpark. It's worth giving up 1 afternoon on the beach.

In conclusion, we loved the Sea Mist when we stayed there. We thought the deal was great, the rooms were nice, the waterpark was fabulous, and everything they did helped to make wonderful vacations for our family. I hope that it is just as nice now as it was back then, and I hope you have a great vacation. And I hope that someone on this forum who has been to the Sea Mist more recently will post their comments for you.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions. I'll do my best.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:50 pm 

Thanks so much for your input. It makes me feel more at ease. Anyone else with input please do let me know.

Being across the street from the ocean didnt concern me so much as my kids want to spend every second in a pool of some sort every time we go to the beach. We went last year and we would be on the beach for 30 minutes and they would ask to go to a pool so when I saw SeaMist I thought wow this would be great. I am going to call and make sure that the onsite water park will be open. We went last year the first weekend in April and the weather was perfect. High 70s and low 80s all 3 days we were there so I am hoping that this year it will be atleast as good since we are going 3 weeks later.

I love Myrtle Beach and cant wait to get back. Thanks for the recommendation about Dinos too. We will for sure check that out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:38 pm 

I'm just wondering as I've never stayed there - is part of the water park indoors? I'm just thinking in April I don't know if the big water parks along Route 17 and the bypass are open so I'm wondering if the one at the hotel would be open. Just a thought.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 pm 

Jess yes you better ask if the waterpark will be open then. Dawne is right it may be closed which would be a disaster for your family.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:21 am 

I'm going to be coming down to South Carolina with my girlfriend in June. We will be visiting her parents most of the trip but are going to be visiting MB On June 14th,15th, and 16th and checking out on the 17th. I'm looking for suggestions for an Oceanfront hotel or resort that offers rooms with kitchens so we can cut down on our eating costs. We are both in our mid 20's and don't have children. A hotel with a bar/restaurant would be nice. I don't want to stay at a dump but I would like some cheaper options. Anyone have any ideas? I'm open for your suggestions! Thanks!