Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 pm 

Edit by Patrish to reflect correct meet-up date, time and place

Since I missed last years meet-up at kirk's, I like to get things started for this year's meet-up at the same place. We'll be arriving Aug. 21, and leaving the 28th. So, any night, except the 25th. UNLESS it's after the Pelicans Game, I'm game. I'll make sure the wife doesn't try to carry any of the luggage this year!!! Also...my previous posts were jeff52inva., but when this board changed over, I could not retreive my password, so I created my new i.d. real original huh???? LOL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 pm 

:sad: The tribe has spoken and in a vote of 8 to 1 my plans to attend the meetup have been voted down. So sorry to miss the chance to meet you folks.

Sandy Beach Resort Aug 2010
Captain's Quarters Aug 2007
Pier View Summer 1984
Few times as a child

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I'm so sorry you couldn't make the meetup, MarineMom. You missed a good time. (Next year DO NOT take a vote...just leave your family and show up!) :twisted:

We had a great meet-up last night! As always, it's good to put faces with usernames, and have an opportunity to chat with the people we interact with regularly on the message board.

Here's Jeff and Connie from Farmville, VA. Jeff brought along plenty of colorful keychains and pens from his business, Longwood Well Drilling. I think everyone took some souvenirs back to their beach accommodations! Jeff posts regularly on the board, and it was a real pleasure to finally meet him, along with this family.
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup_8_16_1 ... e-jeff.jpg

In his posts, Jeff often mentions their grandson, Chris, Jr. ! I have to admit he's as cute as can be! Here he is with his daddy Chris (Connie and Jeff's son), and his wife Amy. Chris, Jr. was good as gold, even with a bunch of strangers around him!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup_8_16_10/amy-chris.jpg

Here's Frank Howe (NHdad) with his wife Alison, and their two beautiful daughters, Emily and Jessica. Frank has been a long time message board member, so it was a pleasure to finally meet him. As you "old timers" know, Frank is a regular contributor to the board, and all of us look forward to his trip reports, his family stories, and his pictures. I'm so happy we finally got to meet in person!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup_8_16_10/frank.jpg

We've met with Kirk and Jan before, and they are simply a delightful couple to hang out with. We don't see them enough! To give you an idea of their sense of humor, We'll start with Jan. She was complaining that there were not enough parking spaces at Kirk's Ice Cream, so she had to ride in on her horse!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup_8_16_10/jan.jpg

Here are Kirk and Jan, enjoying their ice cream cones and trying to figure out how to jimmy the gumball machine without getting caught. I overheard Jan say "I think I need to push down just little more on the top...."
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup_8_16_10/kirk-jan.jpg

The only message board member NOT in the pictures from last night is Bruce. Bruce, who is from Brick, NJ, has been to prior meet-ups. As he is quick to admit, he doesn't post a lot, but he depends on the board, especially for new places to eat. It was a pleasure to see him again! In case you're trying to place him, here's a link to a picture of him from last September. That's Alan (pop2748) on the left, me in the middle, and there's Bruce - on the right.
http://www.funbeaches.com/Sept.09/meetup-alan-bruce.jpg

Kirk's Ice Cream was a good choice. I think we all enjoyed some good ice cream!

To me, the meet-ups are just like running into old friends. And sometimes they ARE old friends. It means a lot to Wally and me to have an opportunity to get to know you better. If you've thought about scheduling a meet-up or just attending one, I urge you to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am 

Patrish:

Thank you for the kind words. We also had a good time last evening. It was really enjoyable to actually meet those who have been in touch electronically for a few years. It would really be a lot of fun to have all of the MBMB members together someday in a large meeting.

Take good care.

Frank (NHDad)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:08 pm 

Great time last night ! Nice to finally be able to put a face with some of our online names. Amazing how we all find our own magic in Myrtle Beach, and that “strangers” can suddenly bond so close. Talk about fellowship ! So glad this forum is back online and the meetups continue !

I hear a rumor that NHDad will be giving rides in his new convertible at next year's meetup :mrgreen:

Til next time !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm 

Great photos!! So nice to be able to "meet" everyone! Sounds like everyone had fun :hello:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm 

Jeez, last year it was "Ok we took your picture now leave" this year it was " you can stick around but don't think we're taking another picture". And making me clean the tables after everyone left wasn't fair at all.( Just kidding about all that of course)
On a serious note, if there is a meet up while you are here, do yourself a favor and attend. You will meet the friendliest people, have a fun time and it's a darn good excuse to eat some ice cream.
Oh.... another thing.... if you are a Red Sox fan, don't let anyone know, cause right away they ask about Bill Buckner haha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm 

Bruce:

That hurt! But I suppose coming from behind to win four straight against the Yankees sort of makes up for things.

Great to meet you, although I can understand Patrish not wanting to waste any more camera memory. . .

Take care.

Frank (NHDad)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:27 am 

What a GREAT meet-up. Even the wife, who is a bit afraid of meeting new people suprised me by saying how much she enjoyed it. Fantastic pics too!!! Pat, you did a great job. THANK YOU!!!! It was so nice to meet you guys. The person with the Bill Buckner refence was ME!! I apologize. Bringing that up was uncalled for.Other than my big mouth, I am glad to see we ALL enjoyed the met-up. If we do get to go back in late December, maybe we can do this again?? I HOPE SO. And I'll keep in mind to keep the stupid jokes to myself. I just hope I didn't ruin the night for Bruce and everyone else. Meeting you all was a GREAT experience for all of us. THANK YOU ALL!!! Jeff "Big Mouth" Rowan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am 

I'm sorry Jeff, I posted the Red Sox thing as an aside to you because we were laughing about it at Kirks, I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously. Again I am sorry I posted that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 am 

Hey you guys, lighten up! I am the guy from Boston (at least I was for many years). And if you know Boston, there are many of us who have been kidding about the Sox for years.

So don't get all squishy on the MBMB readers. . .

Great meet-up. We can now have a virtual group hug and continue on with life. Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 am 

Sounds like a great time was had by all! love looking at the pics!

JoAnn :sunny:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 pm 

NHDad: Bruce and I got straight!!! Even before your post. All is cool. And it was ME who pm's Bruce and took care of things BEFORE I read Bruce's remark, so, there is NO problem with us. We both are cool with the Red Sox/ Yankees stuff. And again, I am SO GLAD I (WE- gotta include the family) made it to this years meet-up. To each and every one who was there, it was a TRUE pleasure to meet you all and chat a bit. I know I'm old (I'll be 56 (YIKES !!!!!!! :fart: ) tomorrow 8-25, but I'll ALWAYS remeber this meet-up. What a bunch of SUPERB people you guys are. It just thrilled me when the wife told me that SHE was glad she went!!! And the kids too!!!! And another BIG HUG and THANK YOU to PATRISH!!!! Great job on the pics. With her permission, I'm going to make copies, print on photo paper and they're going to hang on the wall. That's how good they are!!!! Now...................who's gonna be in M.B. Dec. 26-31 so we can go back jack, and do it again !!!(Aside from Steely Dan, credit for this phrase also goes to The Beach Boys!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!)