Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 pm 

I was just wondering how it's holding up, my family and I had stayed there the past two years, enjoying it more our first time around. We had booked a room early this year but at the Atlantic Breeze just down the street from the Mar Vista, but then since the room we booked had no pictures my mother did not want to take a chance of not liking it lol, so we ended up booking room 907 at the Mar Vista. Again I was just wondering how it's doing, I know some of the newer condos get a lot of wear and tear on them quick now a days as we watched other places go down hill. Anybody? thanks.

Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:50 pm 

I guess nobody did, and when I did it was awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am 

Well... this reply is 2 years late but we will be staying in #907 at the Mar Vista Grande. I'll let you know how it was. I am looking forward SOOOOOO much to this vacation!! We usually go to VA Beach, but my wife tells me that I will love Myrtle MUCH more.
The Mar Vista Grande looks pretty nice!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 pm 

We have stayed at Mar Vista the last 3 years and are booked there for the winter 2012 and we really like it there. It is a bit different when you go in the winter. One of the biggest draws for us is the big indoor pool as many of the other condos we have rented have only a very small indoor pool or none at all. It is a great building and the beach out in front is beautiful. Our friends stayed in that unit 2 years ago and the balcony furniture is beautiful. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm 

Christine,

Do you stay in unit #907?

The pictures look great, just wondering if the pics look better or worse than the real thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:45 pm 

No, we don't but I have actually been in that unit and it is very nicely decorated and has very nice wicker furniture with heavy padded cushions on the balcony. Most of the balconies have a table and chairs but this furniture is upscale. It is an ocean front unit with a great view and I have seen the online pics as well and they do not do the unit justice. If you rented through a real estate, and not the building, you won't be able to get any help at the building office so you need to be aware that you have to bring along a cord to connect your computer for internet service. It is not wireless in the rooms and they will not give you one at the desk unless you have rented through them. You will love Mar Vista it is a very well maintained building. Enjoy your holiday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:20 am 

Christine,

Thank you so much for the insight!!

I was thinking that I should bring a wireless modem and plug it into the wall jack... so the kids don't fight over who gets the line, (since we all have our own laptops.)

I am sooo happy to hear the the room is as nice (or nicer!) as the pics look!

I'm 50 years old, and more excited than our 9 year old daughter and 13 year old son! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 am 

You won't be disappointed. Enjoy your stay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:57 pm 

I have a question to anyone that has stayed here recently...

How late do the pools stay open? When we go to VA beach, they close at 10:00 pm no matter what.

It would be nice to be able to take a midnight swim.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm 

I think the pool closes at 11.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:56 pm 

Checking to see if anyone has stayed at the Mar Vista Grande lately. We normally stay at the Long Bay Resort, but all the condos in the Savoy building are taken for the week we're looking at this year. Was searching around VRBO and found a condo here for a reasonable price. The condo itself has good reviews, but there are some not good ones in general on Trip Advisor. Anxious enough about staying in a new area, just want a nice place! Desperately in need of :sunny:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:49 am 

my grandfather was there in 2013 or 14 and said it was still good. The building is close to 20 years old now I believe.