Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Dog lovers will dig Shell Crackers.

The raw bar and grill, at 761 Pendergrass Ave. in Murrells Inlet, allows owners to dine in with their four-legged best friends.

I can only imagine how your face looked just now. I bet plenty of you displayed a look of disbelief. Others are probably giggling. I did both.

"It's not a dog's world," said Harris Willard, who opened the place Jan. 1. "It's our world, and we socialize the dogs to our world."

The story of Shell Crackers actually began with A Dog's Way Inn, a kennel operated by Willard and his business partner, Anne Ritchie, also his wife-to-be, that opened Dec. 1, 2004.

"I always had hunting dogs, and I trained dogs long ago," Willard said. "She was a professional pet groomer."

The eatery is actually between Willard's quaint dog park and A Dog's Way Inn. There are 8 acres here, but I will focus only on the restaurant part.

There is a designated section for the dogs, including a gated section where dogs chill out while their owners dine.

Each dog owner must bring the pet's veterinary records and undergo an evaluation by Willard, a self-taught dog trainer.

Danielle Pellicci, a certified dog trainer and graduate of Animal Behavioral College, has trained many of the dogs that enter the restaurant with their owners.

If the dog isn't up on its vaccinations and proves to be rough around the edges, it won't be allowed at Shell Crackers. All dogs, regardless of how sweet they are, must be kept on a leash while in the restaurant.

Willard said rules are strictly followed, and dog owners must understand that they must be respectful of other diners without dogs.

Menu prices range from $2.25 (for a hot dog with chips) to $18.25 (for a whole rack of barbecue ribs).

To find out more, about the food, fees for the dog park and the kennel, call Willard at 357-2899 or 357-4545. Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

Source:
The Sun News
Johanna D. Wilson
http://www.thesunnews.com/118/story/833838.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 pm 

Thanks for posting this! We might take the opportunity to try this out and do a review. We're camping in South Myrtle beach and of course 'Big Dog' (My husband's Border Collie) would be up to trying an afternoon.

I'm grand-dog sitting my daughter's Border Collie so the 4 of us might go.

I hope we get a chance to check this out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:27 pm 

Thanks Patrish - look forward to visiting with "Daisy May".

Anybody else find it ironic the cheapest menu item is a hot dog ? Wiener dogs for me and my friends !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 am 

How freakin' cool is that? Pixie is gonna love that place!