Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm 

There is an area in Surfside Beach that is handled by Rose Realty. These are individually owned homes, cottages, mobile homes, etc. managed by this company. They have several pet friendly rentals available.
Is anyone out their familiar with them? What are the policies regarding pets on the beach in Surfside?
Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

The laws for Surfside would fall under the domain of Horry County. The laws concerning dogs are:

Animals
Owners are responsible for the removal of pet waste on beaches and other public property.

Any animal on the beach must be on a hand-held leash not to exceed six feet in length and under the control of the person having custody of the animal. Animals are not allowed on the beach from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 1-Sept. 1. It is unlawful to ride a horse or other animal on the public beach or within pubic marsh areas within the county limits March 1-Oct. 31.

Hope someone can give you some testimony about Rose Realty. All I know is that it has been here as long as we have (11 years) and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:49 pm 

Before we bought our camper, we stayed at Oceanside Village a couple of times. Went went through Rose realty once and a couple of times got a house there through VRBO. We were never disappointed with either!

We thoroughly enjoyed all our visits at Oceanside Village no matter how we rented there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:25 pm 

Oceanside Village is great, and you deal directly with the owner when it comes to a pet-friendly rental.

Beach right behing Oceanside Village is Surfside, and Garden City. During summer months, dogs are allowed on Garden City Beach (right of Melody Lane) before 9 and after 5 PM. They are allowed after 5 on Surfside Beach after Sept. 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:17 pm 

I also used VRBO. Last year we went to Ocean City Maryland and
rented through a realtor and never ever again.
We always travel pet friendly and being able to talk to
the owner through VRBO was great. I also like being able to read all the reviews from other people who have already stayed in the rental.
I found a house in Oceanside Village on the canal a half a mile from
the beach. The ower was so very nice and I talked to
her for a little over a half hour! Funny thing was that she asked me
where I was from and I told her Lancaster county but that I grew up
in Brookville Pa and she said wow my son in law has a hunting camp
in Brookville and we have gone many times. Small world!
Oh and if you look hard enough you can find a place that will give you back your pet deposit if the house is left ok. Many places I looked at you did not get it back but the one I am renting does. :-)

Post subject: rose realty
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm 

We rented a fairly new home on Melody Gardens from Rose Realty for 2 years - as they are one of the few places in the area that allow pets - our main complaint with Rose is that the house is not the cleanest - the first year we rented for 3 months, this past winter we rented for 4 months and both times the house was not very clean - in fact the bedspread in the main bedroom was covered with yellow stains this year - as this is the first thing that is cleaned when we rent a place it wasnt such a big deal but it does make you wonder about the other stains that arent quite so noticeable. Also the skirting boards and top of the fridge were covered with dust, there was sand on the stairs, and stains again on the carpet and the kitchen floor needed a commercial cleaning. We decided that enough was enough and made the decision not to return to Rose this year. Most people we met in the Oceanside community had the same complaint - unless they were renting directly from the owner. Rose has so many properties to clean that doing a good job is just not possible in the time allowed. So be prepared to complain, unless you are very lucky.