Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 pm 

My daughter and her friend, both 12, wanted to do a waterpark this time. I checked on both and had pretty much decided that i would do an after 3 visit at one or the other. Once arriving at Ocean Lakes, I went down to the rec/visitor's center and asked for suggestions. Josh, who was VERY helpful, mentioned that the visitor's guide KICKS had a coupon in it this week for a 14.95 all day Sunday pass to Wild Water and Wheels. This beat the $18 after 3 special at the other water park. We arrived at 1 and the place was pretty full, but we managed to find 2 seats to set up a "base camp". The girls took off with official instructions to report back every 30 minutes. They loved every single ride and waited in very short lines. The favorite ride was the black tube ride. This was reportedly "scary and awesome". I loved the adult lounge pool with no kids allowed....sorry kiddos....teacher off duty :mrgreen: !!!!! My hubby and I were loving the lazy river too. We could see the whole park and saw the girls on several rides while cruising the river. I have been to other water parks, and they were so spread out that I felt I couldn't properly supervise my kids without following them around. Here a parent could easily camp out and watch their children on several rides before moving on to another spot.
Great day! Worth every penny...would even be worth full price I think! Highly recommend checking out the KICKS visitors guide that the newspaper puts out. This was something new for me and was very cool because it listed the week's events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 am 

Hands down, the best Water Park ever!!! :nanner:

2000 Sands Ocean Resort
2001 Sands Ocean Resort
2002 Ocean Lakes Campground
2003 Sands Ocean Resort
2004-2006 Lived at Glenns Bay Retreat in Surfside
2008- Private home in Surfside in April and moving down end of June....FOR GOOD!!!