Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:22 am 

We will be travelling to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks in 2007. We plan to arrive about March 24th. We are 2 couples with 2 dogs, one small and a lab. Any suggestions for pet friently places to stay? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Here's a link for pet-friendly accommodations:
http://www.funbeaches.com/pets.html

Be sure to read the stipulations under each listing to be aware of deposits, seasonal stays, pet weight limitations, etc.

In addition to the hotels and condos in this list, you'll see VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owners.) Many people find that individual owners of condos are often pet-friendly.

We recently had a post from someone who took their pet to the Sheraton (Convention Center) who submitted a glowing report:
http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtop ... 5376#35376

Be sure to check this pet-friendly forum for more accommodation reviews and other information regarding pets.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:09 pm 

I know that the Sea Mist Resort is pet friendly. My parents brought their dog a few years ago. I think that you might have to pay a pet deposit and maybe a pet fee each night.

Dottie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Some friends visited a couple years ago. They stayed at the Sea Mist with their pet for one night, then moved somewhere else. They said it was a separate building, across the street from the ocean front building, and that it was basically a stinky dark dump where the floors were wet with dog pee and it was not fit for humans, let alone their pets. Because of that, I did not list it on my pet-friendly page.

If things have changed, and if your parents, or anyone else, tells me they had a good experience there with their pet, I will be glad to add it to my list. I do not stay in any local hotels, so I have to depend on friends and people on this board to keep my information updated.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:13 pm 

Now that you mention it I do remember my parents saying that the floors were nasty.. :-(

They were in a building that was not near the ocean.

Dottie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:41 am 

There is a possibility that we may have to change our plans of staying at Anderson Resort which we love, to somewhere else because we may have to bring our Chihuahua. He is such a baby. He sleeps alot. He loves his siesta time lol. He stays in a carrier with no problems. The girl that keeps him when we go out of town has a new dog and they don't seem to get along to well. And we really don't want to put him in a kennel while we are gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions of somewhere that is close to Anderson Resort and as nice that is pet friendly?? I did see that Ocean Park (I think) was pet friendly .. does anyone know anything about it??

We really loved the area for Anderson's ... lol.. don't know what is going to be harder .. finding somewhere we like as well as Anderson's or having to leave our dog somewhere that he or we aren't happy?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Post subject: Pet Friendly
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 am 

Hey ~~

I just skimmed VRBO to see what might have the "Pet Friendly Paw" designation and I found these:

Crescent Dunes had a listing -- 3BR/2BA
Caravelle had a couple listings
Kingston Plantation - N Hampton 2BR Angled OF
A Place @ the Beach V
Shalimar in Cherry Grove

It's a start, I guess...lots of luck!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 pm 

Quote:
Caravelle had a couple listings

We stayed at the Caravelle a few years back, and the pet-friendly area was their St John's Inn across the street. Not sure if individual owners in the main building can offer pets. St Johns Inn amenities were ok and the rooms fairly clean, but it is older and not renovated. Granted this was 2-3 yrs ago, so things may have changed.

Also, I believe some places may have a weight limit (ex: pets under 25 pounds are ok). Make sure and ask the right questions when booking a pet-friendly room...

Good Luck !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:07 pm 

Check out:

http://www.retreatmyrtlebeach.com/

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:03 pm 

Great site !

Best tip o' the day....

>>> Distilled water or water from your home. Two gallons should be sufficient but if you see that you are running lower than a gallon, add a part of the destination water to the home water so that your pet can get acclimated to the other water in a diluted form

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 am 

While searching for a pet friendly place to stay this year, I tried something different. I kinda BEGGED owners to let me bring my precious Angel..and..some actually said yes! I emailed folks from VRBO and asked..and was surprised at how many agreed...sooo..even if the ad says " NO PETS"..they very well may take them...(owners). I found a great place...and the owner has been wonderful. I'll let you know how it went when we get back. We're leaving on Friday :) WOOHOO!

Firebird Inn on my honeymoon in '84
Water's Edge in Garden City many years!
Horizon East '06 and '07 (they allow pets)
Private beach house or condo in Garden City '08, '09, '10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 pm 

Don't know if this will help now.. but when we were in Myrtle Beach 3rd week of July .. we noticed that Ocean Park Resort is now pet friendly.. it's posted on their billboard and is on their website.. they are on 1905 South Ocean Blvd.

Post subject: pet friendly condo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:32 pm 

SueL (or anyone else),
Would you mind passing along the info of which owners on vrbo were willing to allow pets. I am having a really hard time finding a pet friendly ocean front condo for next March with good rates. I just need a studio or 1 bedroom. Thank you so much!

Crystal

Post subject: pet-friendly
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 pm 

Hi Chrystal,

The places I've stayed are bigger..2-3 BR...what I did last year was narrow down the area I wanted to stay in (Garden City)..then found the size of condo I wanted..and emailed EVERY SINGLE ONE on VRBO until I found one that would accept pets.
I KNOW that there are several small houses in Oceanside Village in surfside that allow pets..and they are reasonably priced, but not oceanfront.
Just bug the owners :) You'll find one that will allow a pet...even if there ad says "NO PETS"...some have size restrictions..
Good luck!

Sue

Firebird Inn on my honeymoon in '84
Water's Edge in Garden City many years!
Horizon East '06 and '07 (they allow pets)
Private beach house or condo in Garden City '08, '09, '10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:49 pm 

Great house on the oceanfront that is pet friendly. www.oceanfront843.com Very reasonable prices and clean.