Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am 

Dunes Village is my favorite condo that we have stayed at. That was when it first opened though and everything was pristine. I hope it has been maintained well. We are always in Pirateland now but may come down one day before the inlaws this year and find a room somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:26 pm 

I dont have a favorite, but we have stayed at the Sea Castle in the Crescent Beach area, the Sea Watch more than once, Ocean Forest Plaza in the Golden Mile area. Sands Ocean Club too but the parking is hard to find especially with a pass. Some people may have parked illegally I assume. One time we tried to find a space at midnight and it was tough.

It depends on how many people are with us and its usually just me and Rich.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm 

We have been going to MB for the week between Christmas and NYE for 25 years! The First few years we stayed at the LandMark. The pools were great and we like the lay out of the angle suites. But after 7-8 years the rooms were really going down. Sometimes when we were there the pools weren't open. We loved the place and it had so many memories, we hated to leave...but we did. For a few years we stayed at the Dunes and then landed at The Caribbean. Now we love the Caribbean Oceanfront Tower. Been there for lots of holidays!! The rooms are great and the location is the best, right next to the Sea Captians!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:53 pm 

It’s interesting to hear about everyone’s favorite places or where they have stayed. Has anyone stayed in The Carribean resort lately? We’re looking into that as a possibility this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 am 

mine's still North Beach Plantation or anything that Barefoot Resorts has really.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:20 pm 

As my first post on this forum I thought I'd share our favorite place to stay in Myrtle Beach.

That place is A Place at the Beach III on Shore Dr. My wife and I have been regular vacationers to Myrtle since 2011 and off and on vacationers since 1999. We have always stayed on Shore Dr, but have moved around to several different condo complexes.

We started off at Mariners Cove, which is where a friend of my late father owned a condo, many years ago. Somewhere on old 8mm film there is footage of my family on the beach (circa 1977 - 78) approximately where A Place at the Beach III currently occupies. The footage is of an almost empty beach, us and the sea oats that were prevalent along the beach before the condos came in.

So I've always enjoyed that area. It is still a favorite vacation spot because directly across the street from the condo is a salt water marsh. Generally there are less people in this area of the beach because of the salt water marsh. Out of the three buildings in the complex, I suggest renting from the building FURTHEST from Ocean Annie's, not because we don't like Ocean Annie's, but because the beach is less crowded in front of that condo building (and Ocean Annie's is still just a short walk up the beach).

I have visited this forum for several years and thought it was time to actually say hi!

Thanks for this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for contributing, and for your great suggestions. We have friends from Roanoke who often stay on Shore Drive, and I love visiting that area.

We moved here in 1998, so we have seen tremendous changes. The mom 'n pops where we stayed are long gone to make room for high rises. Sometimes we drive Ocean Blvd. just to be awe-struck by all the changes!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am 

Been staying at Apache next to Shore drive since 1978.