Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm 

We finally packed up and were on the road at 6:30 this morning. Decided to take 287W to the Garden City Pkwy then took 95 south. We were able to travel on the new Tappanzee bridge( on the south bound side) and it's a beautiful bridge! They're now working on the North side. One of the stops was for gas and to get Cinnabon's somewhere in NJ for breakfast. Back on the road until around 2pm and ate a picnic lunch that I made. Nice to get out of the car and walk around. Made great timing today. Stopped for the night in Lumberton. Did a little shopping- something hubby doesn't normally like to do. We decided to eat the rest of our picnic food and snacked rather than dine out. I'm so ready for the beach tmrw.

Cathy

Last edited by cathyh on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am 
Site Admin

I really like your idea of a picnic! Too often Wally and I are on the road and for long stretches and all we see are the fast-food signs. So out of convenience - and hunger - we end up eating something we didn't really want or need.

I would be lying if I said I was not concerned about Irma. I keep in touch with someone on Facebook who lives on the island of Antigua. She works at the Sandals resort on that beautiful island where we stayed 2 years ago. It is difficult to hear about the destruction there. Also know people in Key West who are being evacuated right now. Anyhow, keep your fingers crossed...hope the bad weather holds off for you, and I'm looking forward to your posts!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:08 pm 

Before we left North Carolina we had breakfast at Denny's. THAT was probably the biggest breakfast I've had in a long time. We made it to NMB by 10:15. After settling in we went shopping at the usual Bargain/ Eagles etc.
I wanted to get a new swimsuit, but they don't seem to have many suits left. Where do you locals go that have nice swimsuits but reasonable?

After this we hit the grocery stores and back to the condo for lunch. I got to say, I'm pretty nervous with this hurricane possibly hitting MB. Have a lot of you already decide to leave?
Ended our day with a long walk on the beach.

Cathy

Post subject: ! there's an outlet at
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

There may be a mandatory evacuation on Thursday (waiting for more official information.) It is going to be a really bad hurricane.

Bathing suits....I love Tara Grinna. There's an outlet at Barefoot Landing.

https://www.facebook.com/Tara-Grinna-Sw ... 002795208/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:10 pm 

I never finished our trip report but some of the things we did while there.
We again visited Pawley's Island after Hurricane Irma. We couldn't believe all the marine life that was washed to shore. I could stay there and never get bored. Before leaving that area we did a lot of driving around to check out future places to live. We also searched for homes in Litchfield beach area too.

We then headed to Murrell's Inlet to take our yearly walk. Stopped for lunch at the Dead Dog Saloon. I think hubby had a fish sandwich and I ordered a double club sandwich. I can't believe how much meat they put on it. Took 1/2 back with us. Hubby ate second 1/2 for a snack and said it was really good also. They also make really good frozen daiquiris!

We did a lot of walking on the beach this year. Saw a wedding in front of The beach Cove Resort. Felt bad that it was way too windy that day.

We also ate at Nacho Hippo one evening and actually had to wait 50 minutes for a table. They were just okay. Not too authentic but we liked the atmosphere and had a great waiter.

Will try and post more later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear Dead Dog is still good. It has been a couple years since we had lunch there, but I remember thinking it was very good...both food and service! And the Marshwalk is one of my most favorite places for a walk!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 pm 

One of our favorite go-to places is to Bully's bar & grill. It's in Barefoot Landing and being that we stayed so close to that we went a couple of times. Once for lunch and another time just for nacho's and adult beverages. If you go on a Sunday and a football game is on it gets pretty lively. Lots of fun!

We didn't realize that we were going to Myrtle beach during " Mustang week". I've never seen that many Mustangs in one place as we did that week. Lol. Heard their were over 750 of them. We met up with friends that were there for the car show and later got to meet up with them for dinner and drinks at Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe. Great time by all. We again met up with our friends the following day for dinner. I can't remember the name of the italian restaurant, but I believe it was down in Surfside area.

We decided to try Basil's pizza in Cherry Grove. Heard it mentioned on here that they have good pizza and they did. Cute little place that was SO busy. Would go again. Headed to a concert on Main Street in Cherry Grove. Big crowd there and so funny to see all the golf carts lined up in back rows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you got to meetup with some friends! That is always fun!

Was the Italian restaurant in Surfside named Malibu's?

Thanks for the reviews!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 am 

My neighbors visit MB often. Mustang week is one of their favorite times to visit and the only time their Mustang comes out of the garage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin

>...the only time their Mustang comes out of the garage

LOL! They are a great bunch of car owners, always supporting each other at events like this!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:17 am 

Parrish,

That Italian restaurant actually was a pizza and sports bar in Murrell's inlet. It's Milardo's. They had good food and drinks. Lol, for some reason I couldn't remember that one restaurant name.

Looking so forward to our next trip to MB and better yet..to move permanently there hopefully in the near future.

Cathy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:49 am 
Site Admin

I hope all your plans to move work out soon. Some people love to visit the beach, and some people want to move here. If you want to bad enough, you'll make everything else work out. It involves a lot of give and take. Just keep your goal in sight! :cool: