Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:12 pm 

LOLOLOL... here's a tip for ya... when we are preparing to come home from the beach I wash everything up the night before and what we had on that night gets put in a separate bag to wash when we get home... that includes swimsuits and towels are washed .. OK .. so the other day I was in the spare bedroom/mycloset looking for something and did a little decluttering as I was looking and came across our swimsuit bag from MB trip in Sept still packed and clean... We have older suits we can wear for the summer at home.. HA one less thing for me to do and can mark off my packing list LOLOL

Carol

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 am 

I have to be the total worst at loosing list... I had it saved to my phone and now its done.. I hand wrote it and doing the old fashioned mark off with a highlighter lol...

adding ziploc reg. size storage bags and sandwich bags to my list to keep items in at the beach PLUS a plastic container to get the sharks teeth grandson has planned to get .. last year was a pill bag lol

OH and for new car owners that don't want to chance anything spilling in the trunk like peaches etc... garbage bags to set them on .. even though our trunk is lined with the rubber matt thing and a sheet on it lol.. we have to have the garbage bags

Carol

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:47 am 
Site Admin

>...and can mark off my packing list

LOL! :mrgreen: Guess you don't think packing is half the fun!

My worst travel nightmare was years ago, leaving U.S. but forgot my passport. Didn't realize it until I got to ticket counter. Had to get another taxi to go back home. Asked him to wait while I rummaged around for the passport which was right where I left it near the kitchen sink. :dontknow:

Garbage bags in the trunk is a good idea! :beerchug:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:18 pm 

LOL.. Patrish I really do like packing!! My daughter was teasing me yesterday about getting my packing started!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 pm 

Ok folks it's a little over 5 months before we are back at MB and I'm ready to pack!! Don't want to rush summer but sure need vacation time. I've had/have so many list going for different projects here at home, I thought well why not look over the packing list! Anyone doing anything different with their packing? I packed less last year and still overpacked. A few things we won't need to take are fans. We are back at the same condo as last year and she has anything you could need. We didn't think we were going to get her condo again but the people backed out and she called me... so that let me look at what she had there and what I don't need to pack!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm 

Even though we could probably get by without using the cargo Carrier now, we still use it. If you are having to store stuff under your seat or in danger of being underneath an avalanche of luggage on a sharp turn, then I would highly recommend it if you have a luggage rack on the vehicle. We always end up coming home with an extra trunk worth of new clothes and souvenirs, so it really comes in handy for the kid that gets put in the third row beside the luggage.

We have a soft rain proof carrier that we just throw in the condo closet until departure day. I guess I like the soft carrier because when I was a kid the parents had the huge hamburger box type that we had to ride around with the whole vacation. It was bad enough to be driving a station wagon, but to add a huge brown box to the top was just child abuse. I guess it was a good match for the wood paneling that accented the station wagon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:36 pm 

:ac41[1]:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:24 pm 

MBKY .. a carrier is out of the question lol we have a Chrysler 300 that has 3780 miles on it that is 4 trips to Lexington and 2 to MB .. it doesn't get driven lol I've got this this year. I'm determined not to overpack. Plus our daughter is taking her car (recently divorced) so less luggage so if we don't have the room she will lol. Our towels and swimsuits are already packed..I'm almost done lolcarol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 pm 

Well with 9 days and a few hours till we leave.. I've had to come back to Parrish's main list because my phone didn't backup everything when apple replaced it last week. So I'm writing out a new list. Everything is pretty much packed except my socks lol.. meds I'll do next week but so ready to b out of town!!

New to list.... check your bank cards, credit cards, PayPal cards for expiration dates... we just discovered my PayPal was expiring in a few days and just got it updated and new card on the way.