Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 am 

shoemak38 wrote:
we leave next Friday at 5 pm and will drive at night I-95 is a bear on Saturdays in the Summer

You driving straight through?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm 

yes will sleep couple of hours around 3am in southern VA, wife will drive first 5 hours then I take over and she sleeps I will drive then

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm 

shoemak38 wrote:
yes will sleep couple of hours around 3am in southern VA, wife will drive first 5 hours then I take over and she sleeps I will drive then

I used to love the all night drives. Used to have a convoy of five or six cars and it was a lot of fun. We would leave out around midnight. We all had the walkie talkies back then because the cell phones where limited to very few minutes. With only a 7 hour drive it just got to become too much in trying to kill time waiting on the room to get ready. Our noon arrival now gets us in before most of the traffic, but I do miss the light traffic of the all night drives.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:20 pm 

One week from now I should just be looking at the Atlantic after finishing my burger from River City in Surfside.

Any suggestions on what burger or other food to choose? I really can't remember which one's I've already tried. The view takes precedence over the food I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm 

Us too!! We are leaving Friday. Staying in Lake Norman then heading the rest of the way in on Saturday. A little shaken after the events this weekend, but looking forward to vacation. Hoping both of these tropical storms and their rain head the other direction!! Let the packing begin!!! :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 am 

peanut18 wrote:
Us too!! We are leaving Friday. Staying in Lake Norman then heading the rest of the way in on Saturday. A little shaken after the events this weekend, but looking forward to vacation. Hoping both of these tropical storms and their rain head the other direction!! Let the packing begin!!! :cheerleader:

Yes, the packing has begun. :hello: Was out of town yesterday, but got some of the house cleaning started today. Can't leave without a clean house. Don't know what good it does considering we will be gone , but i guess it's nice to come back to a clean place.

Haircuts, mowing and more cleaning on the agenda for tomorrow. Probably start cleaning the inside of the car on Wednesday. I used to try and clean the whole car on the Friday before departure , but I guess age is getting to me. Just don't have the desire to clean and load the vehicle all in one day anymore. I used to literally wear myself out so bad that I had trouble getting any sleep the night before.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 am 

cleaning the car is one of the best parts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 am 

budwash435 wrote:
cleaning the car is one of the best parts.

Yes it is. The trip cleaning is by far the best detailing the vehicle gets each year. Kind of strange consider you're basically getting ready to dump an equivalent of a bucket of sand in it by the time you leave the beach.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 am 

MBKY wrote:

Yes it is. The trip cleaning is by far the best detailing the vehicle gets each year. Kind of strange consider you're basically getting ready to dump an equivalent of a bucket of sand in it by the time you leave the beach.

The sand part is so true did my car on Sunday

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:58 am 

shoemak38 wrote:
MBKY wrote:

The sand part is so true did my car on Sunday

We have found a really good drive thru car wash in Surfside that will let you have a wash and unlimited vacuum time for $6. I try to get some of it out before we head home.

I've not cleaned the car yet, but I guarantee that I will still find some Myrtle Beach sand from last year when I do. Forecast for Friday at home is sitting at a 90% chance od rain. Barely has rained any in the last couple of weeks but is apparently going to show up to ruin my car washing and packing for the beach. I hate when that happens. Get ready to drive in the rain I guess. :BandHead:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:54 pm 

:BandHead: :BandHead: Seventy percent chance of rain tomorrow at home and a 90% for Friday. Not the best weather to detail the car in. I guess I can clean the inside today and washing the outside looks to be a waste of time. Hopefully this system moves out before we pull out at 4am Saturday morning. Nothing worse than driving hours in the rain to a vacation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:20 pm 

As expected, a rain out for all outside activities today. So much for the wash and wax of the car yesterday. Just hoping for enough dry time to load the top of the car tomorrow. Hoping for good travel conditions on Saturday morning but it looks like it will be raining at least part of the way.

On the bright side the house got a pretty good cleaning today since we were stuck inside.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:00 am 

Safe Travels!!!! PLEASE keep us posted on your doings while in Myrtle Beach! Enjoy, relax, and have fun! :wav:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 am 

Sun n' Fun wrote:
Safe Travels!!!! PLEASE keep us posted on your doings while in Myrtle Beach! Enjoy, relax, and have fun! :wav:

I will try to report at least some of it live. We have a short window of no rain and then back to downpours later tonight. I just hope the bulk of it is out of here by 4 am. The old board just doesn't have the participation that it used to have, but I'm sure some old timers like myself still enjoy reading a trip report.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 am 

Safe travels! Heavy rain predicted here in the Ohio valley through tomorrow...flash flood watches in effect...so be careful...coming home from Pigeon Forge last Saturday on I-77 near Parkersburg, WV...saw a small sedan hydroplane in heavy rain ahead of us...spun out...hit the median...driver had passed us at a fast speed...lucky not as serious as it looked...

We will head to Surfside July 27...I will anxiously await any trip reports on your vacation!

LOL...I cheated on the car cleaning this year...had the car detailed...it cost $100 but my vehicle looks brand new...even after a few days vacation to Compass Cove in Myrtle..and then a few days at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN with the two grandkids...believe it or not the car still looks great...inside and out.