Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crowds, and Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 am 

We are planning a vacation for end of July/beginning of August with our children and their families. The last time we were there we stayed in the Cherry Grove section at Spring Towers and everyone was disappointed with the beach because how crowded it was especially during high tide. They didn't go down to the beach as much because of the crowds. Since we will have little ones with us some don't want to stay in MB again, they want to go to NC but some wants to be able to get out and go somewhere.

I am trying to find a place that everyone would be happy with.

I was looking at Monterey Bay and would like to know what the beach is like in front of here. Will it be as crowded at the end of July or beginning of august?

Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:56 am 

You will usually deal with less crowds if you stay away from the tall hotels and the piers. You might consider renting a condo that is away from the piers and is surrounded by other condos. You might want to try the Surfside / Garden City area. The beaches are not huge, but if you are in an area with only condos the beaches are usually less crowded. If you want to stay in a large hotel, from what I've heard, NMB has the widest beaches. Weekend crowds tend to be bigger because you are also sharing the beach with a lot of locals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 pm 

Monterey Bay beach if you go to the right (looking out) has less people

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 pm 

Myrtle Beach will be crowded that time of year. From mid-June until schools go back in session is peak season for there. I've saw some positive reviews of some bigger hotels that happen to be the last high rise in the area. Not sure which ones fit that criteria , but one positive for them was that the beach was less crowded. If I was insistent in staying in a large resort I would research it and find one that is not sitting in between other large resorts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:04 pm 

Look into the North Myrtle Beach area. Google maps can be a huge help. The Baywatch is a big resort that has Atlantic Beach to the south and smaller condos to the North. The crowds thin out as you go either direction away from the resort. North MB has a few resorts that are like this. Also, Dunes Village in Myrtle Beach is another that is all houses as you go south past the resort.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am 

Thank you guys. We have decided to stay at The Ashworth, we were able to get a good deal on a 4 bedroom condo.
We've never stayed there before so hopefully everyone is happy with it.

Counting down until July 22nd. :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:28 pm 

We did stay at the Ashworth but several years ago so I can't speak for the building. One great thing about the Ashworth though is how close it is to Main Street. Just a nice stroll and you are there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am 

Enjoy your visit. I was going to weigh-in on Monterey Bay because we have stayed there three times and really enjoyed the resort. You've already chosen another resort, but in case someone reads this thread in the future... yes, the beach is much less crowded in that section of Myrtle Beach. With Monterey Bay Suites being the next-to-last hotel (heading south) in that area, there is plenty of room to spread out. A short walk south puts you in a residential section which is mostly vacant on the beach, even in July and August.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:14 pm 

In case you still need a nice place to stay.. we stayed in Sands beach Club 11, it's in Shore Drive area and also the last building at the end of the beach. it's pretty quiet and they, also have on the back side, a small inlet. It's only maybe 6 or so buildings away from Ocean Annie's, but the nice part is, you can't hear the noise because of the distance. It was nice on those nights we really didn't want to get in the car a drive to entertainment. And we did go in August and didn't have a problem with crowds.

Cathy