Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm 

Hey everyone! It's been a LONG time!

A lot has changed but I'm excited to be coming back to MB this year!

This is going to be a much different trip for me. My daughter is going to be on a trip to Disney World with my parents, and she's going on another trip to the beach with her Dad in August, so I'm using this week to treat myself to a LONG awaited trip to the beach. This might be a "solo" trip or I might bring a girlfriend, but either way, I'm coming!

I am a little nervous about the weather as I've went in May before and it was COLD the entire week, but this is the only time I have.

I found a great price on Booking.com today and I cancel the reservation all the way up to 4/11!

WOOHOOOOOO! :cheerleader:

I've never stayed at Compass Cove, but I've heard great things. I'm not picky so I'm sure it'll be fine!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Wow...that sounds great! Hopefully the weather will be good! (It is sorta iffy in April but we have enjoyed some great days.)

Be sure to let us know if you would like to meet up while you're here. I would love to seer you! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:45 pm 

Welcome back to the board. It seems as though February is when thoughts of the beach really start kicking in. I know I start really counting the days this time of the year.

We went in April a couple of years ago and had great weather. Sit on the beach a couple of days and the kids even got in the cold water a few minutes. Hopefully the weather cooperates this year for you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 pm 

We've stayed at Compass Cove and really enjoyed it. The rooms are great and so are the pools. The buffet breakfast is delicious too. I know some people aren't fans of the south end but we actually found it pretty quiet. It was very close to The Market Common Shops and a close drive to Murrell's Inlet where we love to go the seafood restaurants down there. Have a great trip!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:46 am 

YAY!!! We love April! The days, specially at the end of April, can be just gorgeous! Have a wonderful time!! :wav:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:47 am 

That is great that you get to come in April! No matter what the weather the Compass Cove is a great place to stay. We have stayed there and loved it! We had three days of pouring rain, then 2 days of bright sunshine, on our last trip. We still enjoyed all the amenities. We plan on taking our grand kids for a visit in June. The breakfast buffet is great...and the Crows Nest restaurant has a nice selection of quick food as well. Hope you have a wonderful time!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:18 am 

suzenmay wrote:
I know some people aren't fans of the south end but we actually found it pretty quite!

I think people should be more specific when the talk about the south end. Like you, i hear people all the time say to not stay on the Southside, when in reality the very south end of Myrtle Beach proper is a nice area. That very small portion just south of the old pavilion gets grouped in with the whole south end of MB proper. I like the area down near the old grand prix. In my opinion it's right in the middle of the best food and entertainment options at the beach. There's my rant for the day. :???:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 pm 

You'll love Compass Cove. Several indoor pools, slides, hot tubs and indoor lazy river. If it's cold, you'll get plenty of pool time.

Try the Crow's Nest for a drink and/ or snack. It was cold when we were there and we enjoyed the indoor area. If it is warm, they have a great deck overlooking the Ocean!

Enjoy your visit, and welcome back.