Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old board contributors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:40 pm 

I high jacked Emmy's thread on meet ups, so I thought I'd start a new one. Maybe this will bring some
of the old board contributors out, if they're still around. I'll list a few names and what I remember about them. Would love to hear from the current readers about some old board members and what they remember about them.

traderboynh----how could you not remember the flamboyant trader boy. He could make a food review of eating a cheeseburger at Fuddruckers and make it a 3000 word composition. Loved him.

beachxscape---she lived in Pennsylvania but reported daily about Myrtle Beach. She then moved to Myrtle Beach and dropped out of sight. She gave great info about Myrtle Beach even from Pennsylvania.

beachliving----she was a Myrtle Beach local(Pirateland). Gave good info from a locals standpoint. Sweet lady.

Chappy---------firefighter from Roanoke, Va.. One of the first to do a trip report with attached pictures. How cool was that!

Would love to hear from them even just to say they were okay.

Anybody else remember someone that you wish would drop back in?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Would love to see them all back on the board. On the other hand, I can think of a handful I would be happy to never see again.

We see Leo (traderboy) occasionally. They moved to the Raleigh area and have also built a new home in FL.
Coleen (beachxscape) is still in Myrtle Beach although I have not seen her in many years. She sent me a PM maybe a year ago, saying she planned to get back on the board, but that has not happened.
I have not kept up with Pat (beachliving) but I heard rumors of a divorce and a move.
Chappy is a Facebook friend, and I would love to see him here again.

I'm grateful to the ones who have stuck around and still post. We've met many fantastic people through this board.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:27 pm 

Thanks for the update Patrish. Sorry to hear about Pat. I know she went through some serious health issues a few years ago.
It’s good to hear the others I mentioned are doing well. Yes, I remember the bad eggs also. Two, husband and wife, caused
quit a stir, to say the least. Life goes on. By the way, I live just down the road from your old stomping grounds, Big Lick err Roanoke.

Roger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am 

I hope to be contributing a trip report in October!! I remember seeing references to "quite a stir" being created a few years ago, but I missed all the ruckus so I never knew what happened. Myrtle Beach is supposed to be a happy place.
I neglected to post a report from our last MB vacation and then we missed out on going the next year, so its been a while since I made any significant contribution. I have told many people about this forum over the years citing it as the most informative and most RELIABLE source of information about the Myrtle Beach that can be found, so I hope to help continue that tradition.
We have never been to MB so late in the year so if you have any suggestions on what we should do on an Autumn beach vacation please share.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 pm 

Thanks Bill. I always enjoyed your trip reports. I think writers burn out a lot quicker than readers on boards. Probably why I’m still around. The irony is, without writers their would be no readers. Keep on shagging!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Bill, I hope we can meet you and Jodi this year. And whether we do or not, I'll be looking forward to your trip review. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Correction:
"I have not kept up with Pat (beachliving) but I heard rumors of a divorce and a move."

My bad. I was misinformed and passed it on. Goes to show you that just like Facebook, you can't believe everything you read. Even if it comes from me! :clown: Vicki tells me they are still together and have bought a home outside of Pirateland.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 pm 

Like. Click mouse