Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:38 pm 

Tuesday August 16th
I went into work from 7-12, our plan was to leave Pine Grove by 1:30 pm. Going in Corine's 2011 Nissan Rogue was Corine, myself, my brother, and our daughter Lux. Got home, ate lunch, packed the car and we were out by 1:45, stopped for gas quick and we were on 81, 83, 15. Corine started driving and we pulled off near Manassas VA and I took over driving. We stopped again for dinner at the same Popeyes as last year outside of Fredericksburg off of 17. After that we were on 95, no traffic really. A truck hauling a ton glass plates lost its load and there was glass everywhere on the north bound lane outside of Richmond. It was a toss up as to which County Inn & Suites we were going to stay at, either Wilson, which we stayed out last year or the new one in Smithfield. Turns out the Smithfiled one was a better deal so we drove the extra 20 some minutes and spend the night. I think we got there a little before 10pm.

Wednesday August 17th
We went to Cracker Barrel across the street for breakfast, got some gas, milk and were on our way to MB. Very easy ride in, go there around 12:15pm. We hit up the BiLo for essentials (milk for the baby and beer), the bottle shop near the ABC to check out some crafties then went to The Avista where we were to spend the night. This place was huge, and super crowded, parking across the street, and our room deff needed to be updated. I wouldn't go back, but it certainly worked for our plan. We wanted to get two extra days at the beach, so until our room was ready we just chilled at the beach. After we got checked in we went for late dinner at River City Cafe at Barefoot Landing. This place is good, not great..probably won't go back. We spent the rest of the night at BL and walked around the entire place, sampled some wine, hot sauce, and beef jerky.

Thusday August 18
We had to be out of the Avista by 11. So we packed the car back up and headed to the beach again. We were going to chill there until we were able to check in at Edgewater. My mother, father, sister, aunt, uncle, two cousins were just getting to MB themselves. They left the day before and also stopped in Smithfield. We were told the room was ready, so we headed over and unpacked before heading back out to Jersey Mikes for lunch. We then went the bottle shop, and bilo for some food and beer. We ended up just getting Taco Bell for the nigh dinner as my parents wen to JM later on. The power went out due to a storm in Barefoot. I forget how long it was out as I fell asleep. Oh, our room was a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo...super nice

Friday August 19th
It was our actual first day of vacation. We got up early and everyone headed to the pool at Edgwater. My aunt etc were staying down at The Havens in Barefoot. We drank all day and went up for lunch before we started getting ready for dinner. We were heading to Boardwalk Billies. This place has been back and forth the last few years. I thought the food was good, but the service wasn't that great and it was uber crowded. I wanna say we went back go BL after this, but we did not stay super long.

Saturday August 20th
Beach day. Everyone headed over to the beach. We ended up staying there for almost 5 hours. My uncle fell in the ocean do the wave and couldn't get back up. It was kind of funny. After we left we had Papa Johns in the room, and got ready for NXT Takeover. It was a solid show.

Sunday August 21st
SummerSlam Day! We sat around for long time before we decided to head down to the Market Commons/Gordon Biersch for some late lunch. Again the food was great, their beer is drinkable, nothing to brag about though. We were going to hit up the Brass Tap, but didn't as it was too hot and we wanted to get to the pool. We went to the Piggly Wiggly and got some more crafties, then headed to the pool. We were at the pool for close to 2 hours before going home and getting ready to watch SummerSlam. This was another good show, but I think NXT was better.

Monday August 22
This was another pool day for everyone. We spent a good amount of time there that day. We got ready and decided to try a new place in Filet's for dinner. Their food was solid, we ate outside. We went back to Barefoot Landing, yet again. This time myself, brother, and my uncle sat at Bully's and drank watching Monday Night Raw until everyone was done shopping.

Tuesday August 23
Beach day! Very good beach day actually. We went back to the condo then and had skettie for dinner. We headed down to Broadway at The Beach. We didn't get to go to this at all last year. Not a whole lot new here that would interest me. The American Taphouse is cool, but pricey. We sat outside and had a few beers before heading to the Pepper Palace and going back home.

Wednesday August 24
Only myself, brother, Corine and Lux went to the beach. We stayed close to three hours before heading back to the condo. Corine stayed back at the condo to put Lux down for a nap, and my brother and I headed to The Havens to go to my Uncle's pool. We sat there and drank for about 90 mins before heading back to get ready for dinner. We went to Hamburger Joe's. As always the food was good and cheap. We had a few beers then all the ladies were going to a show at the Alabama Theater. My dad, uncle, brother, and I went to Liberty Taproom and Hurricane Maggies for some beers. We then went back to our condo to meet up with everyone and watched The Office.

Thursday August 25th
"The dreaded last day". This day used to depress me so much growing up. I still feel that way but know how fast a year can go by that I will be back. We woke up early and headed to the Tanger Outlets. I bought socks at the Adidas store. There's nothing there imo anymore that interests me. I swear we just go to go through the motions. After we got back my brother and I headed to the beach one last time and chilled in the ocean for a bit, walked down and rode the banana boat, which was rough. We then decided to go into our old stomping ground at North Beach Plantation. It was weird not staying there this year. It wasn't super crowded, but I wish were were there, staying inland though is no that bad. Dinner was at the Carolina Roadhouse. It was good, no complaints. Next year we are going to try some other steak places though. After dinner we met up with everyone else but my uncle (who stayed at the condo asleep) at the beach for some pictures. We stayed there until the sun went down and headed to BiLo for some things for our way home. We got back to the condo and packed up. I think I went to bed around 1am.

Friday August 26th
We rolled out at 8:45 to head home. None of the three cars heading back home rode together. My parents and sister left about 20 mins before we did, and we met our aunt at the gas station. Uneventful ride home, stopped for lunch in Emporia, then at Vanish Brewing in Leesburg for some beers. We got home around 8 something. My aunts got home like 30 mins after us. They ended up in Smithfield again at the outlets and for lunch. My parents were only home about an hour before we were.

Here I am today drinking an Over the Counter Presctipions by Rar Brewing Co.

Last edited by budwash435 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 pm 

Great trip report. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations. I was interested in how you felt about not being ocean front after so many years. Glad you enjoyed your stay. A holiday is really what you make it anyway. We always enjoy a holiday no matter where we go. I am sure your little one really enjoyed the beach this year. Family holidays are the bet. Memories. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:09 am 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us! Even though I know I'm going to be back I always hate the last day! I guess it's just the return to reality and the thought of a cold northern winter that bums me out...lol

I saw you went to Filet's. We ate there as well once! It's near the north end so not a lot of people have gone there. Glad you had such a good time!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am 

Thank you! Filet's was pretty good. I got beef tips, crab legs, and clams for roughly $15...it was amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for takig the time to write this trtip report! I read every word and enjoyed sharing your experience.

The older we get, the less we find activities we want to do. I enjoy watching all the new rides at BAB, but wouldn't want to be on any of them. The Skywheel is about the extent of my urge to see MB from high up. Unless I'm in an airplane of course. We enjoyed the Upside Down WonderWorks, but mostly because we were seeing it through the eyes of a 7-year old grandson. Like you, we sometimes stop by but it's mostly just for the exercise and seeing what's new.

Glad you had a good relaxing family vacation. That's really what it's all about. As many times as I see the ocean and walk the beach I never tire of it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:44 am 

I really enjoyed reading your report! Sounded like a great time...I feel the same about Broadway at the Beach...we like going there one time...walking around...my favorite store is KLIGS KITE'S...just for all the interesting stuff they have...we stayed at the Fairfield Inn at BATB our first night and watched the fireworks from there...we had an awesome view...and it was a lot less crowded...

Thanks for sharing your trip!