Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:18 am 

We just returned from Myrtle Beach on Friday. I'm going to post a overall review for now, and may go back in depth later if time permits.

We spent most of our days on the beach floating in the water and people watching. The water temperature was great and it was calm the entire time we were there. We were in the water on Saturday the 9th when people started screaming "SHARK". I never saw it, but we high tailed out of the water anyways. We waited about an hour before we got back in that day. We spent a few afternoons floating around the lazy river and sliding down that water slides (adults and kids). There were no lines during the afternoons, so it was the perfect time for this.

The nights were spent riding in the gold cart parade along the ocean. I heard a lot of people complaining about the place being over run with golf carts, but if they go to Ocean Lakes, they won't complain about the few golf carts at Lakewood again.

We cooked dinner 4 of the 6 nights at the camper. One night, we went to Crabby Mike's. We normally go on Wednesday during vacation around 7pm. This year, we went on Tuesday at 5. The wait was a lot less than years past. I'm not sure if the day/time change had something to do with it or not. Our last night there, we went to Chelsea Jo's in Garden City. It is a hole in the wall place that use to be JD's Pig and Chicken years ago. It was recommended by a local. It is a meat and vegatable type place. They also have sandwichs, pastas, and some seafood on the menu. Everyone was really plased with their meal. The portions were large enough that they could have been split between 2-3 people. We will be back here for sure.

We cooked breakfast every morning but one. We went to Mammy's Kitchen that morning. There were multiple homeless people in the parking lot that kind of made us feel uneasy. The food and service was great as always.

Overall, the weather was nice. It was extremely hot and humid when we arrived Saturday, but it has been that way at home also for a few days before. Luckily the only showers that we encountered were in the evening, so they didn't really affect our beach play.

Overall, we had a fun and relaxing trip. I think we all could have enjoyed a few more days of vacation, but it is time to get back to reality. Now the countdown is on for our next vacation!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 pm 

Thanks for sharing. I don't know the numbers , but just by visual observation it didn't seem as crowded this year. We didn't have much trouble getting across business 17 like in past years. I don't know, might just have ventured out at different times this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, Michael! Glad you had a good. It sounds like a relaxing vacation, and that is how it should be!

Glad to hear of you Chelsea Jo's experience. It has been here a very long time, but we have never tried it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall