Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:35 am 

We have FINALLY rolled into town!! It was cloudy and rainy most of our drive, but somehow we dodged all the bad storms. The last three hours of our drive there were lightening strikes all around. Also, lots of downed trees. One of those was partially across the interstate. Very dangerous. The weather looks to be much better today.

We arrived last night around 8 and of course went straight to dinner. A new place I might add and yes I took pics. As usual I will write my report when I return home, but I will post a few pics throughout the week.

Normally before our trips we know exactly who is coming and everything is planning out because I am OCD with the whole planning thing. This trip was touch and go with my mom because she was hospitalized with pneumonia just a mouth ago. She really wanted to come but after our July 4th cookout felt the heat at the beach would be just too much. She is so fearful of a relapse. I am going to be lost without her since we are big shoppers, but she has probably made the right decision. I am all about memories and spending time together so my son and my mom both not coming has gotten me a little down. On the flip side my cousin that normally comes and wasn't going to get to this year because her son was starting college took my moms place. So I am super excited about that.

Just a little rant...I feel if you rent a 4 bedroom condo you should receive 4 parking passes. Well I can assure you this is not the norm. This trip we had to pile on top of each other in the vehicles just because we only have 3 parking passes. This is a huge inconvenience for a girl who likes a little leg room :roll:

Well let's get this first vacation day started. It's 7:30 A.M. What can I get into??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Glad you arrived! I just send you a PM but did not realize where you are staying. Just googled a map for Legends Golf Resort Crescent Shores but it did not come up in that combination.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:14 pm 

patrish wrote:
Glad you arrived! I just send you a PM but did not realize where you are staying. Just googled a map for Legends Golf Resort Crescent Shores but it did not come up in that combination.

I believe they are staying at Legends for a few days then moving into Crescent Shores. That's why it did not come up as one big resort lolz.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Ah...thanks. That makes sense! :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:12 am 

So envious - ENJOY ! :nanner: :lol: :nanner: :cool: :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:01 pm 

Enjoy your stay! Can't wait to see your pictures and get a few new tips on places to eat. Wishing you lots of sun for beautiful beach days. :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:40 pm 

Enjoy. Glad you made it to your favorite place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:25 pm 

I hope you are having wonderful weather and a great time!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:30 pm 

DEANNA, I'm waiting to hear what u did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:51 am 
Site Admin

Sorry I missed seeing you while you were here! Please let us hear about your vacation!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 am 

I hope I am still welcome after dropping off the face of the earth while on vacation :cry: . To make a long story somewhat short I dropped my phone in one of the ponds at the Legends golf course the second day of vacation. It was dark so it took us a few minutes to rescue my submerged phone. After applying CPR it was non-responsive. We did the whole bag of rice treatment overnight and it did turn on the next morning and I could receive a call, but the screen was still unresponsive. I decided I would just make do until we got home. I really did not realize how dependent I was on my phone. I used Doug’s a few times during the week to post pics on FB, but he is just like a 16 year old about his phone. Pretty stingy. I was lost no contacts, texts, work emails, etc. When we got home Verizon hooked me up with a refurbished phone. It worked 3 days and I had to order another one. I literally went almost 3 weeks without a phone. Urgg…SO…please forgive me. Trip report is being written as you read  :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 am 

What bad luck. I am looking forward to reading your report. I know you were staying in a different building and you always have good restaurant reviews that I look forward to. Hope the rest of the vacation went well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 am 

I always put my phone in my pocket while getting out of my car. The day before we left I for whatever reason did not put it in my pocket and dropped it, cracking the screen. The whole thing was cracked, but its still useable. Sometimes the bottom buttons don't work but I only have 4 more months with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:53 am 

I feel lost if I even briefly misplace my phone...three weeks with no phone...I would be in misery...life has changed so much with technology! Hope the rest of your vacation was better!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:24 am 

So here we go!!!

We left on Thursday around midday for our straight 8 hour drive to one of my absolute favorite places. Missing a year was just way too long for me. Our drive was smooth sailing the entire way and we all were more than ready to get our vacay started. As most of you know my husband Doug is an avid golfer. So our last several trips to MB we have added a couple of days to our trip to stay at the Legends Golf Resort. It really is a beautiful place and a great less expensive place to stay off the beach for a few days. The guys golf and the girls shop (Tanger 501 is just right across the street). Our villa was very large and comfortable. Was it 5 star…No! But I am very picky as to where I stay and I would certainly stay there again. It was clean and in my opinion worth the money. I think we paid around $300 for two nights which included two rounds of golf, breakfast, lunch and two beers each day for the golfer. I didn’t think that was bad at all. We had two large bedrooms with two queen beds in each and two full baths. We also had a walk out patio that viewed the greens. Of course it was so hot you couldn’t sit outside, but it was a nice area. We certainly will be staying at the Legends again.

We rolled into the Legends around dusk and decided to eat at the pub there at the resort.

The Ailsa Pub came highly recommended on TA so I was more than eager to check it out. The food was not excellent, but it wasn’t terrible either. The dining room reminded me of a sports bar. There were several tv’s which my guys enjoyed and it was very very loud. I might also add that 99.9% of the patrons were men. Pretty sure I was the only female except for the two sexy waitresses.

Doug ordered the New York Strip and he said it was a little tough. Strips are not our favorite steaks so I am not sure why that was his choice. His smashed potato’s were delish.

Another family member ordered the burger and he inhaled it so I am assuming he was pleased.

I just had a garden salad. I am not sure if most remember from my previous reports I am a tough food critic, especially salads. So with that being said I was not overly impressed with my salad. If a salad is out of a bag I would rather have something else. Honestly I usually ask that question before I order it. The dressing was decent, but the lettuce left much to be desired.

Would I go to Ailsa again?? It wouldn’t be my first pick, but if we roll in late again to MB after a long drive I could possibly see myself there again.

After dinner the guys walked out onto the course for a late stroll and I put myself to bed. It has been a long day and I was super anxious for my first full day in Myrtle Beach!

Friday
The ladies were up and out the door by 8:30. Who knows what time the golfers left. It was so hot they had to get an early start on the greens. One of my favorite things that I have started doing over the last several years is taking some time to explore the Southern end of the Grand Strand area. For years we have traveled to MB and rarely took the time to see what it had to offer. Maybe that was because we always had kids with us and that does make a difference. We girls started off our day at the Pawley’s Island Hammock Shops. Laura here on the board suggested we try BisQit for breakfast.

BisQit is a small little restaurant within the Hammock Shops. We were seated promptly and the service was great. Of course we were there for breakfast, however I wouldn’t mind trying their burgers. There were a few people having the burger and milkshakes for breakfast. That is not for me, but they did look good. I am not sure why I only took a pic of my breakfast, but it was very good.

Of course I didn’t end up eating it all and I still felt like I was going to explode when I did stop eating. It was very good. The chicken was to die for!! I will have to say that when I sat down for dinner at 8 that evening I still was not hungry and let me tell ya this girl can eat!

After breakfast we strolled around the shops and had some great girl time. After we left the shops I drove onto Pawley’s Island and gave the girls a little tour. It is such a slow, lazy peaceful place. I have said before I could see myself living there.

Early afternoon we made our way back to the Villa and “everyone” took a nap. That is just something we do not do on vacation. We usually go from sun up to sun down just as hard as we can. Maybe I am slowing down with age. We headed out to dinner to Landry’s at Broadway. I can’t believe we had never been there. We arrived and I am not kidding it was so miserably hot and Broadway was crawling with people. I hate to say this, but it was miserable.

Landry’s was really good. We had never been there before and took the recommendation from friends that were with us. One of the great things was they took a reservation. We walked in and were seated immediately and yes there was a long line outside in the muggy weather. Yeah for us.

The salad was brought out for us all to share. It was fresh and good.

Doug ordered the ribeye and potato. He enjoyed his meal. He said he would order it again.

I shared the chicken/shrimp pasta with my little friend Pattie. There was even some left over after we were finished.

Doug and I shared dessert. Oh yes the best part of the meal.

We would give Landry’s a thumbs up. We will visit again.

After dinner we walked around Broadway for about 5 minutes. It was just too hot!

We headed back to the Villa and decided to use our drink coupons that were given to us by the Legends. So I persuaded the bartender since we were staying at the Legends to let us take our glasses of wine back to our room. Our rooms were within eye shot so he was fine with it. We are not big wine drinkers, but it was nice and decided to live on the edge a little while we were on vacation. We took our wine and set out on the course behind our villa. Now, when I say we sat on the course I mean we literally sat on the course. We were up on the hill of a bunker. It was dark and by then there was a cool breeze blowing which made it bearable to sit outside. The view was BEAUTIFUL. The moon was bright and there were hundreds of stars. It was very very nice. I was terrified we were going to get kicked out of the resort. I mean how many people actually go sit on the course. Only my husband. So, I told this part of the trip because when we finished our little visit on the bunker we walked over to the pond which was close by. Doug had this bright idea that he might find some golf balls. Well it was during this time that I dropped my phone in the water. If you have read the beginning of this report you know how that turned out.

Around midnight my brother and his crew arrived. The entire crew was finally in MB and we were ready to get this vacation started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk