Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 pm 

Since I consider the days leading up to departure to be part of the vacation fun I decided to go ahead and start the report. The boy and I got the yard mowed last night. Rain is in the forecast here at home , but I did manage to clean the inside of the vehicle this morning. Will try to pack some tonight and wash and load the cargo carrier on the vehicle tomorrow evening. The fun has started.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:39 pm 

Good thing on the mowing and cleaning of the car... we have tornado watches in this part of SE, KY and severe storms.. Wind right now is crazy.. the trees looks like these guys :wav:

I promise to start a trip report early and do it daily and I fail LOL.. will try again!! Love trip reports!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:57 pm 

Can't wait to hear all about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 pm 

I will try and report at least every couple of days. It is pouring the rain here right now. I hope all this gets out of here tomorrow so I can wash the car and put the cargo carrier on top at a decent hour . A couple of years ago I had to load the top in the rain. :BandHead:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:54 am 

Let the trip reports begin!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 am 
Site Admin

We're having wonderful weather waiting for you...... :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:09 pm 

Quote:

The pics Patrish is posting on Facebook are wonderful ! What am I doing hanging around up here ? :BandHead:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:31 pm 

patrish wrote:

I hope it continues. We had nice weather here today. No rain, so it made for a good day to wash and wax the vehicle. I just loaded the cargo carrier on top about a hour ago and its now time for a little bit of sleep. Planning on getting up around 3:30 a.m and hopefully on the road by 4:00. If all goes as planned I'm hopefully sitting on the balcony at River City in Surfside around noon. :sunny: The ocean awaits.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:25 am 

It is about 8:30 am here...so you all should be getting closer! I will be imagining a burger at River City later! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:03 am 

ohiojo wrote:
It is about 8:30 am here...so you all should be getting closer! I will be imagining a burger at River City later! Enjoy!

What do you recommend ? We are at a rest area on i-20 now. Getting close to that beach. :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:36 pm 

Sorry, just saw this...had a fireman's festival parade to go to this morning...and mowed all afternoon...but I love the pulled pork and the onion rings...also, the burger with fried egg! Hope you enjoyed your meal!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:42 am 

ohiojo wrote:
Sorry, just saw this...had a fireman's festival parade to go to this morning...and mowed all afternoon...but I love the pulled pork and the onion rings...also, the burger with fried egg! Hope you enjoyed your meal!

That's okay. I ended up having something called the three alarm (I think) . It had jalapenos and hot sauce. Not a bad burger. After that we went to Piggly Wiggly for some essentials and then to the condo. Ordered in pizza from Lazers which was pretty good. Today is a beach day. Will report later when time permits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

So glad you arrived safely...let the vacation begin! I know how you have been looking forward to it. It's hot here but should be a good beach day!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:48 pm 

Great beach weather today. My brother and his family stopped by on their way back home from Florida this weekend and stayed in my parents condo last night. I have kids that are similar in age to his two and I hate to see them leave. Our kids had a great time at the beach today, but they have to get back to work and can't stay any longer. We usually try to take our vacations together but this year just didn't work out.

I made call ahead seating plan at Carolina Roadhouse for tonight. I will report back later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:23 am 

Wow. I hate to do it, but this may have been the first ever negative review written here for Carolina Roadhouse. First the good. We placed call ahead seating for a party of 12 for 5:00 and were seated within 15 minutes of that. Much better than our fiasco last year at their sister restaurant California Dreaming where our call ahead was around a 1 hour wait.

As some of you know , I've got quite a few kids and I really can't afford to order their signature items of ribs or prime rib. We ordered an appetizer of chili cheese fries which were pretty good.
I ordered a draft beer which was good and cold. I had a flounder po boy sandwich which was average. The wife had some kind of chicken, ham, and cheese that she didn't enjoy a whole lot. One of the kids had the chili dog which I tried a bite of and it was a quality beef dog. I think one of the other girls had chili nachos. She didn't really say good or bad on them. We all ordered "off " signature items, but for the cost even those I would expect to be pretty good ,but none were anything special. Our total cost of appetizer, three full meals, a side item, beer , and a kids meal was $90 and I thought that was kind of high for what it was.

Now the bad. The others in my group all ordered the famous ribs. Believe it or not , they were very dry. $20 for a half rack of dry ribs. You can't have an off night at those prices and at a tourist place that people only get to one time a year. I assume it was only a one time thing, but why did it have to happen this time? :BandHead: I really just went so the others in my group could have the ribs and I was disappointed that it was a bad experience. Service and everything was great. Hopefully it's better if we give it another try.