Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: How many days?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
MBKY wrote:
9 days. I've really got to get in MB mode.

you're basically on vacation now lolz

Back in the day it would be full vacation mode right now. Life has gotten really busy with the kids sports schedule and preparation time has went from couple of weeks down to a couple of days. Once again this year we will be on the road right up until a couple of days until we pull out. I really miss the days of going into trip mode weeks before we left. :cry:

If you know from past years I always enjoyed preparing to leave for the trip.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:44 am 

I hear you on that. The last few years have been like that for us as well..we are only half way in vacation mode. Now with the new house every weekend has been a new project and we have only been there for 2 months.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:22 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
I hear you on that. The last few years have been like that for us as well..we are only half way in vacation mode. Now with the new house every weekend has been a new project and we have only been there for 2 months.

I actually had a few thoughts about the upcoming trip today. We have at least started the deep scrub of the house. I've instructed all of the kids to start their room cleanings tomorrow since we will be out of town for at least a couple of days next week. I thought about mowing the yard today but will probably just wait until around Thursday to mow before we leave. So much to do and hopefully I get to enjoy a few days of preparing to leave. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:00 pm 

MBKY How's this?? Our daughter still lives with us (and that's fine) but she just got back from Fla about 3 weeks ago and she brought in her suitcase and dirty clothes but the rest is still in her car.. she said she'll just put it in ours when we start loading LOLOL.. We have started packing 33 days out now... We have things going on the next few weekends and I'm using my DR table as a station .. the 4th of July everyone will have to find somewhere else to eat .. floor, outside, gazebo LOL.. Trying not to torture granddaughter during the day and not go out to the pool any with her (she stays with me while her mom is at work).. but during that time I'm thinking "I could be doing this or that to be getting ready" ..

Also just looked and think my ticker is wrong.. we check in on the23 of July .. but we are actually leaving KY the 22nd around noon and stopping in Spartanburg at Abbott's and then eating and going on in to Columbia and staying the night .. and then going on in the next morning to try to beat the 501 rush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:24 am 

I admire your enthusiasm for the trip. It is killing me knowing that my trip is coming up next week and we are not close to being ready. I am pretty much done until Thursday with the pre -trip stuff and we are not even close . Yard needs mowed , house needs cleaned , car needs cleaned and I won't be home until Thursday. :BandHead:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:49 am 

I am back home from my kids sporting event and now all the focus turns to the trip. Only 1.5more sleeps until we pull out to paradise. I got home late yesterday evening and the son and I was able to get the yard mowing in before it got dark. The wife stayed home from our short road trip and got the house cleaned to vacation standards (we can't leave with a dirty house). All that is left is the packing and cleaning up the vehicle. These next two days are some of my favorite of the year. Nothing like getting ready to pull out for the beach.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 am 

Those next few days are the best days

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 am 

I have to agree... 28 days until we leave and I can barely stand it. I have plenty to do. Trying not to cook big meals but trying to use up what we have in the freezer and trying not to eat out and spend... and I can't convince them to eat peanut butter LOL Hope you all have a safe trip MBKY!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 pm 

14 Days :nanner: :nanner:

Most of you that know me know that our last few trips to MB were filled with drama before our trip ever began. WELL!!! Two weeks ago my mom was in the hospital with pneumonia and possible Lyme Disease (Still waiting on an appointment with an infectious disease Dr.) Needless to say she has been pretty sick. I thought when my grandmother passed away in April that we were hopefully not going to have any more hospitals or sickness in our family for a while. We lost 4 immediate family members within the last year. My mother is a fairly healthy person so this has all been difficult for my brother and I. She still doesn't seem to be recovering like she should. Her energy is just zapped. My mom is my rock and if she misses our vacation it is really going to be hard on me with the year we have all had. So here I am again with DRAMA!!! Praying for a miracle these next two weeks because I just don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 pm 

Prayers. I know you guys love the beach as much as we do. I hate bad streak of luck for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 am 

Deanna, sorry to hear about your mom and other recent issues. I know from reading your trip reports that your family holidays together. Your holiday just won't feel the same if your mom is not able to go with you. :( I hope she is on the mend soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Deanna, keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Please keep us informed!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:54 pm 

Will be relaxing in Pirateland by this time next Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am 

Deanna, thoughts and prayers for your Mom to recover quickly!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:41 am 

If I did my math correctly it's 49 days away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next