Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It can happen anywhere.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:56 am 

Well, we have noticed all the bad news coming out of Myrtle Beach recently. Well, tonight just goes to show that bad things happen everywhere. We live in a beautiful, quiet suburb of Cincinnati, and tonight we received a shelter in place alert. There is currently an active shooter situation and there are literally 50 or more officers canvassing the area. No sleep for me tonight as the helicopters continue to circle the neighborhood. The guy shot a deputy and a civilian. And is still on the loose. It can happen anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:16 am 
Site Admin

I hope that the danger has passed and that you were able to get some sleep. There seem to be more more crimes, murder, thefts, etc. than there used to be. As you said, it can happen anywhere. Years ago I thought it was due to the Internet making us more aware of what's going on, and smart phones taking pictures. But actually, statistics show the world as I knew it is gone. Sad but true.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 pm 

You are so right Patrish. They did catch the suspect around 4:30 this morning. More details are emerging. It was a domestic dispute call. He shot the responding deputy and returned to the home to shoot his father. Both are going to be ok. The then took off through the neighborhood. This area has a lot of trails and every neighborhood is connected. It was a huge police response. They ended up finding him near his apartment, apparently he was trying to return home.