Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:23 pm 

Hello. I'm a young 20-something professional considering a job offer to relocate to Myrtle Beach. The corporation of which I'm considering is located in zip code 29577. I've never been to Myrtle Beach, so I don't really have an idea of what areas to consider for housing, activities, groceries, restaurants, etc. et al. (Is Kroger in Myrtle Beach???) I will really appreciate any local guidance and insight on this subject. I would also like to know if there is a great Christian church with programs for young professionals. Again, I appreciate any advice regarding possible relocation. Thanks to all. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:11 am 
Site Admin

29577 is the designation for the city of Myrtle Beach. You can google the city for demographics. population, etc. It is a growing area! We live in The Market Common, which is also within the city and a part of the city. There is a lot of building going on in The Market Common and it's sort of a small city within a bigger city. Lots of stores and restaurants...and it attracts a lot of young professionals. (Google The Market Common for more information.) You will find churches of various denominations all over the city and county.

The closest Krogers are in North Myrtle Beach and Garden City Beach, although their are plenty of others to choose from.

Just because you wil be working in 29577 does not mean you need to live within that zip code. You might want to research Surfside Beach and Garden City Beach, two small towns less than 5 miles south of the center of Myrtle Beach

You may want to rent for a year before you purchase to get a feel for the various neighborhoods..

Hope this helps a little.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 pm 

BluegrassGal wrote:
Hello. I'm a young 20-something professional considering a job offer to relocate to Myrtle Beach.

Wow. If the type of job is desirable, I can promise you I would jump at the opportunity to move to one of the best beach towns in the USA. A lot of people would love to move to the area if the opportunity existed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 am 

I'd do it if the opportunity presented itself. The job I have now I could transfer to Conway which is the nearest office to MB, there just has to be an opening.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:25 pm 

I would most certainly jump on that position. If you decide to accept the position check back in to let us know how much you are loving Myrtle Beach.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 am 

The bottom line is if you don't venture out you never know what you missed. If things don't work out you can always go home. Nothing lost.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 am 

Yes, most definitely, jump on this opportunity. My daughter worked in Columbus, Ohio for several years after college graduation...her boyfriend was offered a job in Raleigh, NC...they were hesitant to make the move...but wanted to try living in a more moderate climate...they have been there almost three years now and love it...they are only 2 hours from Myrtle Beach...She was able to secure a job in her field(restaurant management) right away. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 pm 

ohiojo wrote:
Yes, most definitely, jump on this opportunity. My daughter worked in Columbus, Ohio for several years after college graduation...her boyfriend was offered a job in Raleigh, NC...they were hesitant to make the move...but wanted to try living in a more moderate climate...they have been there almost three years now and love it...they are only 2 hours from Myrtle Beach...She was able to secure a job in her field(restaurant management) right away. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Climate is a huge issue in quality of life. I know for myself even these few days when it hits 50 gives me a whole different feeling. No wonder that people tend to be more healthy in better climates. I actually had a degree that would of allowed me to pretty much pick the place I wanted to live and I decided to stay at home. I like it here, but I regret not moving south.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:53 pm 

I'd do anything to have a job and live in Myrtle Beach.

I'd even be a bus driver Image Image

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Quote Don:
>...I'd even be a bus driver
And I'll bet you would even start chatting with the people in line at Wal-Mart! :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 pm 

NEVER Image Image Image

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album