Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:43 pm 

ScarletBegonias wrote:
clothes pins to pin shut those pesky curtains in the room! Almost every room i've been in has your bedroom right inside the hallway and the curtains can never quite shut the whole way. Seems nuts, but it drives me crazy!

Another item that could serve the same type of purpose is the black binder clips. I use them to keep the straps from flapping on the cargo carrier on top of the SUV and they hold on while traveling 80+ mph at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:42 pm 

I have found that a cheap plastic over the door shoe bag is great to hang inside the bathrooms. You can easily store everyone's toiletries, meds etc. separately leaving the countertop clutter free.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 am 

Well I'm at the list stage.. We had laptop issues last year and my list is lost in cyber space somewhere .. So I'm rewriting a new list because I have to write it down before I put it on the computer.. lol.. I'm really trying to down size things this year. Even though the new 300 has a huge trunk I don't want to overdo it as I always do. Seems clothes is my main problem. Working on that. With the fourth of July over and the next two weekends busy but not bad, I hope to start getting some things set aside to pack so I'm not so crazy when the time comes. We are 2 months and 3 days away. Really that's not long..

OH and has anyone used like a cart/stroller on the beach?? How does that work for you??

Thanks,
Carol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 pm 

Discovered a way to pack that saves so much space! I bought those space saver bags to pack my clothes/towels/sheets in. After you suck out the air they lay flat. I figure you can lay them flat in the car and place items on top of them, thus eliminating several suitcases. :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:26 pm 

10 days and we leave! Packing is pretty much done .. Just need to load the car on the 11th so at 4 am Saturday we will just get out the door. I'm trying to not go through my bag again but feel I have again packed to much. thsi weekends get together is simple.. Everything I can do disposable I'm using lol .. Next weeks menu is done .. No cooking on Friday.. Subway it is! The only thing that I'll have to pack in the car travel bag is mess and I'll have to get refills one day.. So at this time .. I'm taking a few minutes to sit on the front porch. It's hot but a welcome since no rain!! Trying to convince myself mums can wait till we get back lol

Carol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 am 

Is there an unpacking list LOLOL... I came home sick .. took daughter to ER on that Monday with pneumonia.. our neighbor of 25 yrs passed away the morning we were coming home, so funereal and made food ... and dr appts and fruits and veggies to get put in the freezer... I'll either get unpacked this week or leave it for next year LOL.. only 9 1/2 months since we will be coming back in July instead of Sept. (grandson starts HS and we don't want him missing a week just starting) AND I will get trip report done!!!

Carol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:21 am 

luvmb wrote:
Is there an unpacking list LOLOL... I came home sick .. took daughter to ER on that Monday with pneumonia.. our neighbor of 25 yrs passed away the morning we were coming home, so funereal and made food ... and dr appts and fruits and veggies to get put in the freezer... I'll either get unpacked this week or leave it for next year LOL.. only 9 1/2 months since we will be coming back in July instead of Sept. (grandson starts HS and we don't want him missing a week just starting) AND I will get trip report done!!!

Carol

I hope you enjoyed your trip. Sorry about not getting back home without being sick. It stinks to not feel well during one of your favorite weeks of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what happened to this topic. At one time I had a list of tips on things to pack. I'll start over again with that. Then one of my photos showed up, so I have removed that along with a couple responses to it. Anyhow...back to the topic
:dontknow:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:07 am 

Sorry Patrish.. I think I may be the one that's strayed us all.. I really need some advise on how to not over pack...

As far as packing and I'm not sure this was on our original list or not but found I needed more hangers than what our room provided which was like 6.. so when we made our grocery run I picked up hangers. I have those already stored and ready to bring back next year.

OH and for the obsessed men that think they need to wash the car as soon as they get there... Pack your shammy cloth... Forgot hubby's...oops!

Again, sorry!!

Carol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:24 am 
Site Admin

:ac41[1]:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:47 am 
Site Admin

FYI, if anything has been deleted, it wasn't me :tongue3:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:39 pm 

Unpacking... ugh. Sometimes the suitcase sat for a couple weeks, with clothes I did not wear onvacation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

1. bug spray
2. phone, laptop, iPad, electronic gear
3. baby powder (quickly gets sand off your feet)
4. chargers for all your 1-gear.
5. sunblock and after-sun lotion
6. baggies for shells
7. business cards
8. a couple writing pens and some paper
9. comfortable walking shoes, beach shoes, hat, sunglasses
10. camera
11. benedryl for sand flea or mosquito bites
12.. extra set of car keys if driving
13. shoe bag to hang over bathroom door for personal items otherwise left on the hotel sink. (You can buy these at the Dollar Store.)
14. drivers license, bank cards, cash etc.
15. health insurance papers
15. medications, vitamins, supplements, etc.
16. books or book reader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:15 pm 

lococo911 wrote:
Discovered a way to pack that saves so much space! I bought those space saver bags to pack my clothes/towels/sheets in. After you suck out the air they lay flat. I figure you can lay them flat in the car and place items on top of them, thus eliminating several suitcases. :cheerleader:

Absolutely. I pack 6 regular pillows and it takes the space of just 2 in the trunk.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for mentioning that, Mike! It's a great idea. I like to take my own pillow when we travel because I often get neck pain, trying to sleep on other pillows.

I even have 2 of those bags where you vacuum out the air, then store them in a much smaller closet spot. For some reason it never occurred to me that the same would hold true for packing it in the car. Duh! Thanks!