Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm 

Enjoyed it Alan... Sorry we couldn't do better for you on the sun... You did get a few days... and what a great looking beach... great shell find!
Was wondering about Duffy's ... The last time we were there you had a meet up. Will have to get back up that way sometime....
Take care my friend and we'll see you on the rewind...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:50 am 

pop2748 wrote:
Wed

Off to meet up. Good times as always. They called Emmy. Between bad hearing and background noise......I think I talked to her. Took a picture of Vickie's park job. Leave it to a Buckeye to diagonal park in a straight in space.

Uhmmm yes we did speak...if I remember correctly you were telling me how happy you were a big head of curly hair was not blocking your view while you ate :wink: :wink: ! Sorry we missed you all...like the Wallster said "Catch you on the rewind..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:09 am 
Site Admin

It is going to be rainy again, so I guess you and Ruann are going to pack it up. So glad we got to see you while you were here. Thanks for the trip review....I loved reading it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:01 pm 

Hate the rain ended your trip early as I was looking forward to reading another installment! Sounds like you & Ruann made the best of the bad weather & still had a great time!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:41 pm 

Your reports are always most enjoyable to read. You managed to have a good time in spite of the weather. Thanks for letting me tag along.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:49 am 

You are an inspiration to trip reviewers. Funny and informative I enjoy them as much as I enjoy you and Ruann in person. Hope we can join a meet up again in MB again while we are in town sometime.

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk
Maleia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 pm 

Yes we left Friday morning. Wasn't looking good. Uneventful trip home. Wipers on all the way into West "By God" before we finally saw dry roads.
First time ever.......And I'm talking about trips back into the early 60's as a kid. First time in 50 plus years the Smith family has left early from the beach. Yeah the trip could have been better.....Could have been worse too......We'll take it.........

Something I left out earlier. Maybe some of you already know. While "shopping" at Barefoot we were looking for Klieg's Kites. No where to be found. Just figured they closed that location and moved it all to Broadway. Next day driving north through NMB. Up above Barefoot on the right. Maybe Windy Hill Section. Near Oscar's (Steeler bar) and Jersey Mike's Subs......Large two story Klieg's Kites store. So if you're fan of the goofy guy. Might check him out there.

Aannnnnnd. One last observation. Wally and I discussed it at the meet up. Driving into MB last Saturday on RT 501. If there were 100 billboards......75 of them were for Pirates Voyage. Now I'm not a marketing major from college. Heck I'm not a major anything other than a (%@&*&$#) at work.
But. How much are they spending on advertising? Hey Dolly!!!!!!!! Spend less on advertising. Lower cost of tickets maybe $10-$15. Maybe then more families could afford to buy tickets and........You wouldn't need to pollute the view along our drives to the beach with your billboards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:31 pm 

pop2748 wrote:
Aannnnnnd. One last observation. Wally and I discussed it at the meet up. Driving into MB last Saturday on RT 501. If there were 100 billboards......75 of them were for Pirates Voyage. Now I'm not a marketing major from college. Heck I'm not a major anything other than a (%@&*&$#) at work.
But. How much are they spending on advertising? Hey Dolly!!!!!!!! Spend less on advertising. Lower cost of tickets maybe $10-$15. Maybe then more families could afford to buy tickets and........You wouldn't need to pollute the view along our drives to the beach with your billboards.

That's crazy. They only have one similar offering in the area (Medieval Times), so you would think it's pretty much a 50/50 at worse if someone decides to go to that type of show. Either she is getting a buy 10 get 10 free deal or she just never comes to the beach and doesn't know where her money is going. Whoever is in charge of here advertising must be getting a pretty big kick back from the people that owns those billboards.

On a serious note, I'm sorry your trip was full of clouds and rain. Nothing worse than saving for vacation and driving 100s of miles only to have it rain most of the days. Maybe next year will be better.