Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com



It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Posts: 7
Hi......looking for advice? We haven't travelled to Myrtle before. We are recovering Disneyworld addicts, but are looking for a change. We want a nice beach, fun boardwalk to wander and a few good restaurant. I will be travelling with my DH and DS and his best friend (both will have completed second year of U). We have no idea where to stay and what to look for. They are fine with a murphy bed or sofa bed. Does anyone have any suggestions? North, central, etc its all a foreign language. We will be driving from Ontario, and want ocean view! Thanks for all your input.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mississauga(Toronto), ON
We always stay in the south end of Myrtle Beach at Compass Cove.

Check my link in my Signature for vacation pictures.

Where in Ontario?

_________________
Myrtle Beach Weather

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:08 pm
Posts: 824
My family loves Disney, but Myrtle Beach is our "every year" vacation spot. I can't help you with a specific hotel choice because we don't stay directly on the beach, but I will say that you made a great choice in choosing MB. If you enjoy Disney, I would assume that you enjoy vacations that allow you to get out and do a few things. Myrtle Beach has a whole lot more to offer than just a beach. The restaurant choices are great, Broadway at the Beach is good, golf, putt putt, shopping and anything else that you may want to do. Then you still have the choice of just hanging out enjoying the ocean. Welcome to the board.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Myrtle Beach Local
Hey Dizney... Welcome to MB... Hope you really like it... I'm Wally, Patrish's other half... Pass along a name and we'll know what to call you... Noprth Myrtle Beach generally has wider beaches but less to do... Beaches in Myrtle are quite adequate. Garden City beaches tend to get a bit narrow... Check out the tower at Myrtle Beach Resort ... They are mostly privately owned condos but some have enjoyed them... Maybe you can check the trip reports and find something on there. A few mistakenly were erased this summer but there should be a few to read through... MB is a driving town. Drive to whatever and then back to your hotel... The skywheel and boardwalk are one good evenings adventure. Broadway at the beach is another and Market Common can be yet another. I would schedule a day for Brookgreen gardens. the largest collection of outdoor sculpture in the USA. Lots of flowers this time of year...You'll love it... and Welcome! Do a meet up while you're here and you'll get lots of other ideas....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Posts: 7
dbusguy wrote:
We always stay in the south end of Myrtle Beach at Compass Cove.

Check my link in my Signature for vacation pictures.

Where in Ontario?

Thanks so much! Great pics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Posts: 7
MBKY wrote:
My family loves Disney, but Myrtle Beach is our "every year" vacation spot. I can't help you with a specific hotel choice because we don't stay directly on the beach, but I will say that you made a great choice in choosing MB. If you enjoy Disney, I would assume that you enjoy vacations that allow you to get out and do a few things. Myrtle Beach has a whole lot more to offer than just a beach. The restaurant choices are great, Broadway at the Beach is good, golf, putt putt, shopping and anything else that you may want to do. Then you still have the choice of just hanging out enjoying the ocean. Welcome to the board.


We are really looking forward to it. We are planning for the first week in June. I'm leaning to NMB
dizneyprincess wrote:
dbusguy wrote:
We always stay in the south end of Myrtle Beach at Compass Cove.

Check my link in my Signature for vacation pictures.

Where in Ontario?

Thanks so much! Great pics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Posts: 7
beachwally wrote:
Hey Dizney... Welcome to MB... Hope you really like it... I'm Wally, Patrish's other half... Pass along a name and we'll know what to call you... Noprth Myrtle Beach generally has wider beaches but less to do... Beaches in Myrtle are quite adequate. Garden City beaches tend to get a bit narrow... Check out the tower at Myrtle Beach Resort ... They are mostly privately owned condos but some have enjoyed them... Maybe you can check the trip reports and find something on there. A few mistakenly were erased this summer but there should be a few to read through... MB is a driving town. Drive to whatever and then back to your hotel... The skywheel and boardwalk are one good evenings adventure. Broadway at the beach is another and Market Common can be yet another. I would schedule a day for Brookgreen gardens. the largest collection of outdoor sculpture in the USA. Lots of flowers this time of year...You'll love it... and Welcome! Do a meet up while you're here and you'll get lots of other ideas....


Great advice. Thanks :sunny:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Ontario
If you answered Don about where you live in Ontario I missed it. We too are from Ontario. Port Elgin.

_________________
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:24 am
Posts: 2959
Location: Myrtle Beach
Love all y'all Canadians! :love1: Haven't had to ban single one! :clown:

_________________
Brought to you by:
FunBeaches Myrtle Beach Vacations!
Please like our message board on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:27 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Tennessee
We have been North Myrtle Beachers for many many years and we love it. We normally travel with our family in July and then sometimes are fortunate enough to make a trip back in the fall. During those fall trips we try to move around the area a bit. We have have stayed in almost every area of Myrtle Beach and NMB always draws us back. You have plenty of time before next June to plan and we would love to help you out. I would suggest picking your accommodations around the first of the year to ensure you get to stay where you want to stay and I am certain we can keep your days busy during your stay :lol:

_________________
Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think. ~Robert Henri


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Ontario
Deanna, this is off topic but I noticed on a Facebook page pics of your new grand baby. Congratulations!!! The best job in the world!! We are not friends on Facebook so please post some pictures here. You have many friends on this board and I am sure they would enjoy them as much as I will :)

_________________
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mississauga(Toronto), ON
Christine Image Image Image Image

_________________
Myrtle Beach Weather

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Ontario
You are a piece of work, Don! Lol.

_________________
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mississauga(Toronto), ON
:nanner:

_________________
Myrtle Beach Weather

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group