Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:47 am 

Tuesday August 18th is the day that we finally leave for the beach. I went to work from 7-12, stopped at Taco Bell for lunch and headed home. I got changed quick, and my parents/sister had already packed their car and started to head out. I had to pack mine now and underestimated how much stuff we had, especially for the baby. I eventually got it all squared away and around 1:30pm we headed out.

Quick stop to fill up at the SpeedWay in Frackville then onto 81, 83, 15 south. We were going to go to Lost Rhino Brewery outside of Leesburg, but when I put it in my GPS the ETA was way longer than I wanted it to be so we axed that and stopped at a Giant. I bought a bunch of Virginia beers for when we got to the hotel later on. We stopped at a Popeyes for dinner outside of Fredericksburg, then got on 95 which had zero traffice. My parents were about an hour or so ahead of us at all times and they stopped for the night in Roanake Rapids NC. We though about stopping there but kept going. Our plan was to go to Rocky Mount for the night, but I missed the exit. We ended up at a Country Inn & Suites in Wilson NC which turned out great.

Only thing is my oil light kept going on and off on my new car as soon as we got outside of Richmond. When I checked it, there was no oil on the dipstick. Checked it again on Wednesday morning, same deal. $111 dollars later at a Jiffy Lube we are good to go and had breakfast the the Wilson Cracker Barrel. I don't think the dealership put the right kind of oil in the car and it burned up. I called to compain about that later on in the week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 am 

Wednesday August 19th

After we checked out went to the Jiffy Lube and ate at a Cracker Barrel we filled up and were back on 95 south. Hardly any traffic, but we did have a couple showers of heavy rain. Of course as soon as we cross the bridge at the Intracoastal Waterway it started to storm. Our first stop was Boulineau's. Last year they had a decent craft beer selection, but not so much this year. I bought Lux a sand bucket and shovel and we headed to the ABC Store. We bought some crafties there and headed to Bully's for lunch.

After lunch we headed to BiLo for some PBR and then towards Harbor Cove. It was still to early to check in and we were waiting on the arrival of my parents and sister. We ended up being able to get in about 2 hours earlier than expected and unloaded the cars. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing, watching episodes of The Office and trying to get the WWE Network to work. Dinner was Papa John's, and then I feel like everybody crashed and went to bed for the night. The next day my aunt, uncle, gram, 2 cousins and a friend start their journey to MB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 am 
Site Admin

So sorry to hear about the new car. I would really be pissed, and I hope it is not damaged. Anxious to hear what the dealership has to say when you talk to them.

Other than that, I see you're having a good time at the beach! We're having crazy weather with rain and sun, off and on.

Thanks for taking the time to share you vacation with us! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:36 am 

Thursday August 20th.

It's hard to believe this was two weeks ago already. Lux likes to wake up early so I was moving around by 7:30am. It was out first official full day at the beach. Corine, Lux, and I had all had a quick breakfast (Krispy Kreme) and headed to the pool by 10. We were the first ones there and secured a table for our group of 8. We were at the pool probably until 1:30-2pm then headed to Jersey Mikes for lunch. For whatever reason the pool is smaller than all the other pools we've had in Barefoot.

After we got ready we decided that Corine, Lux, my brother, and myself were going to head to Quigley's. We were here 2 years ago and it was okay, but I mostly wanted to go for the beer. I got the chicken and waffles again which was better then I remembered. We then heard about Piggly Wiggly's having a massive craft beer selection. There were only 2 locations that came up and we went to the one that's closest to BATB and it was rather ghetto...and no craft selection. Wrong one. Instead we went to Barefoot Landing and checked out the new beef jerky place, Pepper Palace, went wine tasting (at the older winery), and checked out all the sports stores. Nobody bought anything though. We called it a night as Barefoot was closing and headed back to the condo and eventually fell asleep.

Last edited by budwash435 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:47 am 

Friday August 21st

We woke up and did the same pool routine, but came in a little earlier this time. We had lunch at the condo, I think mac & cheese and started getting ready for the evening. It started to rain a bit so we headed over to the new place in Barefoot Landing, Smokin' Hot. This place was good not great, probably won't go back though. What did it used to be? All I remember really from this place is that the floor seemed slippery while walking. After dinner we headed over to the new Duplin Winery for a tasting. This place is huge and the tasting took about 30 minutres and seemed more like history class than a wine tasting. I ended up buying one of their earlier wines that are sold in a mason jar. It's crazy to me how many difference lcb rules SC has compared to NC, especially compared to PA. We then went back to Barefoot Landing and hit up most of the stores that were closing early the day before. After that we went to the BiLo for more beer and headed back to the condo to call it a night.

Saturday August 22nd

Corine and I were going to take the baby to the beach on Friday, but we opted for Saturday hoping it would not be as crowded, we wer wrong. I had to park on a sidewalk basically in an alleyway. We went to the Barefoot Pavillion close to the North Beach Plantation. The beach was great, but Lux hated the ocean. We think the temperature and speed of the waves hitting her feet scare her. So we mostly just lounged and drank some PBR as Lux rolled around on the mats. We decided to head back around 130-2pm and went to Jersey Mikes for lunch, which is always amazing.

Back in the condo we chilled for a little bit and started getting read for the evening. Boardwalk Billy's was on the menu for tonight. This place was great 2 years ago, was okay last year, but this year it was once again great. This was the first night our whole family went out together, as my aunt etc rolled into town Friday afternoon. After dinner we headed again to Barefoot, but hung out at Bully's for a few beers and watched the Panthers pre season game. We made a few friends who are also Panthers fans. I think at one point and time I had drank every beer Bully's had on tap or in bottle. Well it was now time to head back to the room and watch NXT Takeover: Brooklyn on the WWE Network, which was a great show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Still loving your trip review!

>…heard about Piggly Wiggly's having a massive craft beer selection…we went to the one that's closest to BATB and it was rather ghetto….

Oops. As I read along and got to “the one that closest to BAB” my brain started screaming “NO!NO! That’s the wrong Pig!“ But it was too late! :ohnoes:

Glad Quigley’s was better. We’ve been there 3-4 times and I guess we lucked out because we thought it was good every time..

>…headed over to the new Duplin Winery ...
I’ve passed it a few times, but am waiting for when Wally is with me to stop in and sample the wines.

>… I think at one point and time I had drank every beer Bully's had on tap or in bottle…
:drinkin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:57 pm 

Thanks for posting. Hope you had some good weather.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:04 am 

Sunday August 23rd.

Sunday we woke up and got to the pool a lil bit later than we would have liked. It was our last day back at Barefoot so I was trying to make things last. I headed out to BiLo by myself and grabbed an 18 pack of Icehouse. I'm not sure why, because last year when I got it I hated it..I guess it was the 5.5 abv. Well as we went to the pool there was a large group of 17+ people there being rather obnoxious. Normally it would not matter, but with our pool being so small it felt like everyone was right on top of us, not to mention the lil kids getting yelled at time after time after time by their mother about jumping in the pool near Lux.

We got a hold of my aunt and headed over to their pool. They were staying at Willow Bend, which we had stayed at about 2-3 years ago. This pool is much bigger than ours. We were there almost all day, and my brother and I even had to run back to our condo for more beer. It ended up being the 7 of us in our condo, my aunt, uncle, and gram all at the pool. The 3 kids who came with them were mostly room rats an didn't come out all that much.

After we called it quits at the pool we headed home for skettie night and WWE SUMMER SLAM. This was also a great pay per view and I was pumped that Rollins beat Cena. I was upset I missed the premier of Fear The Walking Dead, but caught the sode in 2 installments over the next few hours and fell asleep...tomorrow we move out.

Monday August 24th.

Move out day from Barefoot Harbor Cove and move in day to North Beach Plantation. We had to be out by 10am and of course we woke up late and I dind't pack until we had to be gone. We got the car loaded up and headed out. We went near the Tanger Outlets, got some quick breakfast at Bojangles and headed to the Adidas Outlet. I ended up getting a pair of running shoes as they were all mostly "buy one get one 1/2 off". After that we all checked out the sports stores etc and walked around. I was getting tired of the place so Corine, Lux , and I were going to head out.

I had researched Gordon Biersch since it was a brewery and figured I might as well give it a shot as I was never there or at the Market Commons. We left my brother ride w. my parents and headed out there. We got an outside table which was nice and had a good lunch. We all ordered a flight and I was surprised the majority of their beers were solid. I guess we may be back here next year. After this we headed to the Piggly Wiggly which was the right one. We spent about 20 minutes in there trying to pick out some beer. I ended up getting a 6 pack and a bomber, and so we headed to Broadway at The Beach. We were only here for about 20 minutes and hit up Pepper Palace when we got a call from my parents saying they were able to check in early. So we bounced from BATB which was entirely too hot, headed to BiLo and got more beer, diapers, and formula..then headed to the Plantation.

We got all of our luggage on a cart and up to the room in one shot. My mother surprised us and got a 4 bedroom instead of a 3 which was awesome as every room has their own balcony. I can honestly not vacation anywhere else in MB but here. After a couple beers, we packed a cooler and headed to the pool area. We took Lux in the pools which she enjoyed, then met my parents down at the beach. Got in the ocean for a bit, got pics taken and hung out. Dinner tonight was a late one as we watched Monday Night Raw and ordered Ultimate California Pizza.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a great vacation and love it that you got an extra room!

Glad Gordon Biersch worked out. We were there last night for happy hour!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 am 

North Beach Plantation is an awesome place. Nice that you all have your own balcony. It sounds like you are enjoying things so far and being where you like it best your vacation should only get better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:20 am 

I think you really must be having an awesome time! I am missing the beach but will be back soon...glad you found the right pig with the craft beer...hope you have great weather for the rest of your vacation. Thanks for posting and letting us tag along! :sunny:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 am 

Tuesday August 25th

Today was out first full day at the North Beach Plantation. We were once again up early due to Lux, so I headed to the pool area and got us a table for when we came down. I sat down there for a little bit by myself then went up ate breakfast, got ready, and went back down. It was a super nice day out. My mother and sister then joined us and not too long after my aunt, uncle, cousins etc, father and brother were all there. We spent the majority of the day drinking at the pool and on the beach. I think we were down there until 5-5:30.

The goal was to head to Crab Catchers for a late dinner. We didn't want to get there too early with the baby thinking it'd be too hot for her. We got there as the sun was going down and were getting eaten alive by bugs. The food was good once again, but the outside bar was closed. I don't know if that's a permanent thing or if it was just that night as the bartender was there drinking lolz. After we ate we stopped at the BiLo on Main Street and I grabbed an 18 pack of Pabst. Then we drove down Ocean Blvd and headed back to the condo, we were all beat. Turns out my aunt/uncle and parents all went back to Bully's and didn't tell us. In the mean time our key card stopped working and I had to call the NBP for them to bring a new card over. I think I had a beer or two and headed for bed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:28 am 
Site Admin

I HATE it when the key cards quit working. And it happens too often. Then they ask at the desk if I might possibly put something else in my pocket with the card. Argggg!

Thanks for this trip review...it looks like overall it has been a wonderful vacation for you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:43 am 

Great report - thanks for all the detail !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:36 am 

Wednesday August 26th

Vacation goes by entirely too fast. Wednesday we again woke up early due to the baby and got a table down at the pool area. It was more cloudy and looked like rain all morning. I headed over to the weight room and spa today, the sauna is amazing. We still ended up down at the pool area by noon. Same routine, sitting down in the sun with a cool full of beers (even though you're not supposed to bring coolers in anymore). We took the baby in the pool and headed down the beach for a little bit. The day flew by and it was time to go to dinner. We were going to Hamburger Joes. This would be our last meal of the vacation with my aunt/uncle etc. As always the food there was on point. After we ate we headed over to the Alabama Theater so all the females could go to One. My dad and I left our cars there and my brother, dad, uncle and I all got in my uncles van as my cousin Peter and his friend stayed and walked around Barefoot Landing. We headed to the Liberty Tap House for the first time. We had about 3-4 beers there and watched the Little League World Series and some NFL preseason. After we left there we headed to Hurricane Maggie's, which was also a very good spot. They are both the best craft beer spots I've been to in the MB area. It turns out the bartender at Hurricane Maggie's was at the same beer festival as me in July in Selinsgrove PA. We had about 3 beers there and headed back to the condo to meet up with everyone else after their show. We had a beer or two and started watching Bruno, which is a hilarious movie. I downed about a pint or two of water and headed to bed. Tomorrow would be our dreaded last day.