Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Anniversary day, starting off with breakfast at Croissants. Cute little place, good food. Eggs benedict are different, on a croissant, and I think it was pancetta instead of Canadian bacon. Still very good. Hadn't taken my shot yet, so we went back to our room to get medicated. Then the sky opens up :shock: , warnings on TV about driving visibility, it was raining so hard!! Time to visit the mall, I guess :dontknow: ! Nice mall, but some of the stores need to train their employees how to interact with customers. Sad when they act like it's an inconvenience to help you find something.
After spending too much time walking around in sandals, my back is killing me, so I used one of those massage chairs :sunny: . These ones worked better than any I've ever tried before. Only thing was ever so often, there was something massaging where they shouldn't be massaging. Who needs their butt massaged, and I'm not talking about the cheeks :bootyshake: :oops: . Phyllis asked me what was wrong, and I told her that there's no muscle where it's at right now!! A bit uncomfortable. Maybe it thought I was going to prison, and it was trying to prepare me :toofless:
Anyway, went to Abuelos for a snack and drinks. They had ice cold Negro Modelo on tap :beerchug: , can't remember what Phyllis had :???: . They bring out chips with three types of salsa, regular, verde, and pretty darn spicy!! Spicy was my favorite, although I had to wait between chips for the feeling to get back in my tongue. Also had the seared tuna appetizer, which was so good, Phyllis said we should have ordered two.
Headed back to the condo again, to chill a bit before our date with Patrish and Wally. On the way back, grandson calls and says our bathroom is flooded and he doesn't know how to shut off the water :???: . He finally figured it out, our son went over and checked on everything. Looks like I have a project when I get home!
Still raining cats and dogs out, but we headed to Flamingo Grill anyway. Waitress was a sweetie, but I thought she might throw me out, since I was picking on her so much! We had such a great time, food was superb, company was better! Great way to spend an anniversary evening. After dinner, we followed Wally and Patrish o BATB, so we could amble around and visit some more. Went into Rooster's, because they advertised a strange bloody mary, but waitress said they have it anymore. So Phyllis and I shared a monster Rooster's Punch :drinkin: ! Thanks to Patrish and Wally for a very memorable evening!! BTW Patrish, I tried the :drinkin: Vokda when I got back to the room!!! Yummy :wink: ! Thank you very much!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 am 

( I read about your bathroom flooding. )
You wont be alone when you get home, Rich has work to do in our bathroom/bedroom. Ours flooded too and has a floor to replace when we get home.

Glad you had a great time last night and Happy Anniversary again and many more. Cheers! Enjoying reading about your vacation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:16 pm 

I'll be there in two weeks can you tell me exactly which chair you were using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

From last night......

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b3b8dc631d

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'll be there in two weeks can you tell me exactly which chair you were using?

That's funny, wish I could remember so you could be violated too :oops: :bootyshake: !!
Today we had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel near the Coastal Grand Mall, before heading to the PGA Super store to pick up a couple shirts for the grandsons. Also got a couple grips, that I forgot to pick up on our firs trip there. Then off to Hell :twisted: , hours of shopping at the 501 Tanger outlets :BandHead: :BandHead: :BandHead: . So many stores were entered, that I can hardly remember where we shopped at, except for the Coach store, 'cause that one left the charge card smokin' :ohnoes: !! Arrived @ 10 and left @ 3!! Did take a small break,long enough to get a drink at Ruby Tuesdays, since it was conveniently close :drinkin: . After getting refreshed back at the condo, we went to BATB where Phyllis thrashed me again at mini golf! She shot 7 under par on the Dragon's Lair Viking course. She has no compassion at all. Dinner at the Bonefish grill tonight, another wonderful meal!! It mat be a chain, but is a favorite of ours!! I'm beat, time for bed!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for all the "live" postings, Ron! Glad you enjoyed Bonefish. As you said, it's a chain. but we go there often and have never had a complaint

The massage place is in Coastal Grand, and I think if you have Dillard's at you back and you walk straight ahead toward Belk's (at the other end of the mall) the massage business is on your left. There is or used to be (or still is) another location near the food court.
http://www.coastalgrand.com/store/Massa ... 138835532/

The stores and movie theaters love it when it rains. All those tourists are off the beach and looking for somewhere to spend their vacation funds. LOL!

Did you see any sign of the dragon breathing fire while you were playing golf....or is he a thing of the past?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Patrish, they have the massage place in the mall, but I really didn't want a man rubbing me all over :???: ! The massage chair was great except for the bizarre placement of one of the massage thingys :oops: ! And if I don't post live, I can't remember what I did when I get home! I do plan on updating restaurant and attractions in the proper forum when I get home!! As for the fire, the dragon was doing his talking, but I can't remember if he blew fire!! I was too busy getting my :bootyshake: kicked by my wife :roll: !! Today was crazy fun, and included parasailing :nanner: !!!! Try to get things posted later!! Lovin' life :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Breakfast this morning @ The Eggs Up Grill. Several down here, we ate at the one in the BI-LO plaza near our condo. Then we took a drive south and drove along the ocean drive in Surfside and Garden City. On the way back, we stopped at the Palmetto Moonshine Store :drinkin: , because Alan said I had to :???: . Loved the store and bought White Lightning, Blackberry Corn Whiskey, Bloody Mary mix, and a couple moonshine candles!! BTW, you have to pay for alcohol on one side of the store, and non alcohol on the other :roll: ! Pretty stupid law in my opinion!!
Next stop was the board walk to get blackened oysters and libations at Dirty Don's, and then soaked a bit of sunshine while walking the boarldwalk :cool: ! Then Phyllis had an epiphany, and wanted to go to the 2nd Ave. open air bar, so we could enjoy the views even better. While sitting there having drinks, I decided to check out the parasailing near Damons. Phyllis was nit on board with this, but I bought tickets, and coerced her, even though we ha to go in our regular clothing! She was a bit PO'd at first, but when we finally were up in the air, she was really happy! 43 years of marriage, I finally got something right :cheerleader: !
We did need to return to the room to change into something dry, before heading to Greg Norman's. I've eaten way too much fish, I need real meat! Meal was superb, of course it should I suppose when you pay more for a meal than you do for a weeks groceries :tongue3: ! :tongue3: ! Bought some fireworks and then tried to play miniputt at Spyglass. Took an hour and fifteen minutes for nine holes, our score was tied, so we skipped to the 18th hole and best score wins the game :hello: ! I go first----hole in one, Phyllis goes next----hole in one :ac15[1]: must have been fate. Anyway, after filling up with gas for the trip home tomorrow, we are back here packing things up :cry: .
As a note: for the gun owners on the board, they do have 22LR ammo down here! I bought a brick at Dick's and two 100 packs at Bass Pro, since we just don't have any back home. Next post will be from Massena, NY!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:29 am 
Site Admin

What a fantastic vacation, Ron! I loved your "live" reports and hearing about all your activities. So glad Wally and I got to spend some time with you and Phyllis!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 am 

Great trip report Ron. You and Phyllis did your part to help Myrtle Beach's economy.
You have very deep pockets, my friend. :lol:
You are the Chamber of Commerce's tourist dream come true.
But hey, if you're going to do a vacation, do it up right!
Wishing you safe travels home.

Roger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:06 pm 

Pilsbury Ninja wrote:
On the way back, we stopped at the Palmetto Moonshine Store :drinkin: , because Alan said I had to :???: .

1:
Never said you had to buy anything.
2:
A little White Lightnin' is better for your heart than a walk in a cow pasture, to chase little white ball that....you hit out there in the first place.........
Even a dog waits for somebody else to give em something to chase.
3:
You shop more than most women I know......

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:53 pm 

Pops, as usual your posts crack me up! If that truck driving business of yours ever
peters out, I think you have a future in stand up comedy.
But you need to cut Ron a little slack about the shopping. He did post a disclaimer. :notworthy:

[quote][/Then off to Hell :twisted: , hours of shopping at the 501 Tanger outlets :BandHead: :BandHead: :BandHead: .quote]]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:54 pm 

I enjoyed every minute of your trip! Loved the daily reports! Safe travels!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 pm 

Yeah, pops, (Alan) I liked what you told Ron about the shopping, and golf etc. He was just being nice to Phyllis I think.

I think I'm not the usual kind of woman that likes to shop. I do, but not much on vacation time cause I "live in the sea" :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:01 pm 

Thanks again for a great report.... loved riding along with all the fun. You don't know how many times I asked Jan "isn't there a US Air non-stop we can hop on to spend a few hours in MB with these folks ?"

Quote:
A little White Lightnin' is better for your heart than a walk in a cow pasture, to chase little white ball that....you hit out there in the first place.........
Even a dog waits for somebody else to give em something to chase.

Classic ! Gotta file your quote away..... golf is pretty darn maddening, one of my favorite thoughts: “Golf has too much walking to be a good game, and just enough game to spoil a good walk.”. Robin Williams also has some classic golf one-liners.... "Every time you hit the ball, they call it a stroke, cause every time you swing the club it feels like you're gonna die".

(I think John Daly felt this when he threw his iron into Lake Michigan a couple weeks back on Live TV).

Robin Williams description of golf is extremely funny, but it is VERY profanity-laden..... please be warned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next