Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:55 pm 

Left our home Sat at 5 am. Smooth sailing, we stopped for breakfast real quick in West Va at a Mc Donalds, 2 stops for gas and a couple road side rests to stretch. Arrived in Myrtle Beach at 4:30. :nanner: Rich was exhausted , he only let me drive 1 hr but he insists on driving. First thing we did was go to eat at the Golden Corral which is on the road to the Sea Watch.

Unloaded the truck and Rich dumped a whole bag of pretzel sticks out accidentally behind the console of the truck seat. :BandHead: Always in a hurry. We were too tired to pick them up so they stayed there.

Went out on the balcony to check things out, sat and unwound. We debated about going to Walmart but we just ate and didnt need anything for the night so just stayed here in the room. I think Rich was sleeping by 8 pm. I went to bed about 11 and said we'd get up about 7 on Sunday to go to Walmart..

Sunday.. the alarm went off.. i got out of bed to shut it off and went back to bed til 9. Then we went to Walmart about 10. Did all that etc and got to the beach about 12:30. The water was very nice , just right , not too cold and not too warm, and it was not rough. Didnt have to fight the waves. Stayed on the beach til about 4 30. About 5 30 we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise.
Then come back and now just relaxing again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

And after all that waiting, you are FINALLY here. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! :nanner:
I want to know how the Sea Watch is!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:06 pm 

I am jealous :cry:

Enjoy your week and I can't wait to hear all about it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 am 

So sorry we are missing you this year Cathy!! Rich and Paul could of picked up on their "political tirade" where they left off last year :wink: !!

Enjoy and have a wonderful time!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:05 pm 

Trip sounds like it is getting off to a relaxing start! Can't wait to hear more!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 pm 

It sounds like things have gotten off to a good start. Enjoy your beach stay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:47 pm 

Quote:
Rich dumped a whole bag of pretzel sticks out accidentally behind the console of the truck seat.

:lol: That sounds like something I would do!

Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:14 pm 

Same with us.... I spend a ton of time cleaning the car before the road trips to MB only to have it totally trashed again by the time we get there.

Thanks for the Live report !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 am 

Monday, a beautiful day, the ocean great again, did not get knocked over trying to stay in it. I have to say, our female life guard is quite entertaining. She sits in her chair and kind of dances around while she listens to her radio. I didnt quite understand why my husband was staying at the beach most of the days this year, it must be her. He said at least she is full of energy that's a good sign she has energy to rescue someone if drowning. ( now I have to keep an eye on him, he may just swim out far enough and act like he's drowning!)

We spent most of the day by the water, and went to the meet up at 7. (this is under the meet up reviews.)

Tuesday.. Decided to change it up a bit for my husband, he just let's me decide everything. I know he likes to go out for breakfast so we went to the Spring House ( I promise I'll pos t a review about this place later under restaurants) It is across from alligator adventure. After breakfast we went to Callahans of Calabash store. We were in there for 2 hrs and I bought two flags, summer ones reduced to 11.00 each and a picture that lights up of a beautiful winter scene, an iron wrough park bench with cardinals in the trees and lamp posts with a white covered ground and a lamp post. And Rich picked it.

Later I went down by the pool and Rich stayed in the room,(on the internet I imagine). We went to Applebees for an early supper about 4 , and later that evening we went down to the beach. Rich had to use his metal detector, which was a Christmas gift. He found a pair of pliers.
Guess that wont bring much money.

We sat there till almost dark just people watching and talking, with me complaining about how many more days til work again.

Wednesday, it looks ugly out like it will rain at any minute.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 pm 

Wednesday.. I was ready for the beach but it start raining about 10, so we started out for Broadway at the Beach. Rich was pulling out of the parking garage and I looked in on another area as he was driving and said look there is a camel. He asked what? I said there is a camel in the garage. He started to back up and asked what have I been drinkin :beerchug: at this early hour and we are at the ocean not the desert. He must have been worried and had to make sure there was a camel there. He backed up and saw it. Somebody had it here at the Sea watch probably for a childrens program.

He just wanted to be sure , I think he thought he may have been taking me to the ER if there was no camel there, he thought i wasnt making sense, cause this happend once before on vacation, I had a TIA, or a mini stroke on the way to the beach. I was fine today and not drunk either :lol:

So anyways, we went to BWAB and it downpoured for about 20 minutes. Cleared up about noon. Rich bought a drone, yes, a drone. Men remain boys and must have their toys. The man even gave him a camera with it. I said its going to be crashed into our neighbors pool I can see it, and who is he spying on?

He bought a T Shirt and one for my son, the proceeds are for the Chris Kyle Foundation. I got my 6 yr old great niece a book , and myself a pair of earrings. Went to the Mole Hole and got a night lite, with palm trees for my son's girlfriend. Rich bought a bunch of seasonings at the Pepper Palace. The day was clearing and we got back to our place about 2:30, and I got dressed for the beach. Before I got down there it was raining. The lifeguard had the red flag up. So we just relaxed on the balcony. The day wasnt getting any better so we went over for supper at 5 to california Dreamin. ( I will post a review in the reSTAURANT SECTION

Then we went to Barefoot landing.I went to the Christmas Mouse and got 3 ornaments for co workers and a lighted vase with deer, snow and cardinals for my son/girlfriend who are now finally engaged.

Rich bought another T Shirt an NRA one and a Confederate Flag.

We browsed in The General Store, and then went to the Jerky Store. Bought 4 kinds of jerky and Rich bought a PETA T Shirt. People eating tasty animals =PETA.

Got back about 8 30 and Rich is sleeping. Hes a morning person, Im a night owl..

Cant believe only 2 more days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:48 am 

Cathy sounds like a wonderful trip so far!! Relax and enjoy those two days!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:28 pm 

Thursday.. The weather in the morning was partly cloudy/sunny. Went down and went in the ocean, read my book, sat under umbrella, the usual beach things. Yesterday was mostly rain in the afternoon. We went to Logans road House in NMB.

We then went back to Barefoot Landing because I wanted to get a picture with our last name. The name of the store is BGIE or Best Gift Idea Ever. You choose the letters, and the letters are shaped from animals, roads, sports items,anything. For example the letter U was an alligator laying like in a shape of the letter U.

It is 5.00 per letter for the basic letters, and there are alot to pick from. It was matted for free with color choices. The frame was extra which we bought otherwise I'd have to go find a frame somewhere and there were color choices for frames. We then went back and sat on the beach and tried to get some nice pics of the sky
but no luck. Most of the day in our area was cloudy. Another day done.

Friday... so depressing .. it was breezy and sunny most of the day, and some cloudiness. Same thing, I wont bore you. At one point we had to take the umbrella down it was too breezy and it wouldnt stay up. We went to Smokin Hot later at Barefoot. I will post this review under restaurants later. We then drove to Cherry Grove Pier and stayed a good while, did some shopping at the stores up there. Later gassed up the truck, got some ice and packed up.

We left early today at 445 and got home at 5 pm.
I know this probably sounds boring for some of you, but this is the first yr we did not go on a boat, did not see a show, did not go to Murrells Inlet. We spent alot of time at the ocean just relaxing.

We have done parasailing before, i did a banana boat ride one time, we saw most every show, also did boat rides at Georgetown, Brook Green Gardens, WaccaWache Marinas, Captain Dicks. Rode on the Sea Screamer before.

It was great to spend another year at Myrtle Beach and see Patrish and Wally, her neighbors and Ron and Phyllis.
While it was fun, it was a sad time, Rich had an uncle who lived near Charleston and every year we visited him. He is the one who showed us Myrtle Beach for the first time . He died last December , but every time I visit the ocean I will think of him.

Back to reality, can anyone tell me why 8 hrs on the beach goes faster than an 8 hr work day?

Next weekend I'll probably be ATV riding. :hello:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:35 pm 

Sounds like you all had a wonderful relaxing vacation. One of these days I am going to learn how to just sit down and enjoy the week. However, right now if we do that I am afraid we are going to miss something :roll:

Thanks for sharing!! Sure wish we could have been there for the meet up!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:31 am 
Site Admin

Cathy, we really enjoyed getting to see you and Rich again :bounce: ! Hope you got home okay, I got your text!! We got home around 9:30 last night after 16 hours of driving :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Cathy, thank you for your trip review. Nothing wrong with hanging out on the beach. We do the same when we go to other beaches...eat and drink a lot, enjoy the beach. Repeat. We sometimes take local tours, but not often.

It was so good to see you and Rich again, and I'm so glad you scheduled the meet-up. Would not want to miss seeing you when you're here. :nanner:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall