Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 am 

We usually take 23 to Kingsport and into asheville, spartanburg, Columbia, Florence, MB

we are looking to take 23 to Norton, then coeburn, va., then 77 south on in .... anyone gone this way... it says its shorter for us .. but wanted to hear from others that take 77 south in to MB ..

Thanks, Carol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:45 pm 

I have traveled both routes, and the first route is around 30 minutes quicker for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:09 am 

Our friend just went the 77 south route and he made it from Pike county in 6 and a half hours but he drives like a nut lol..

We always take the asheville, spartanburg columbia route and that's what I would prefer but I think I may be out voted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm 

I live in Eastern Ky, and it takes me around 7 1/2 hours, going the Ashville route. The other way around 8 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm 

My goof... its 74 south..

DAH ME... 77 South runs into 74 south... I'm not liking this new route deal ... LOLOL Hopefully I can talk him into our usual way!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 am 

OK we are still trying to decide our new route. Anyone that's gone either of these routes please give us some input. So apparently 77 goes through Charlotte which from pppaaasstt (long time ago) experience will be congested .. So looking like 74 is our best route.

Thanks for the help!
Carol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:02 pm 

Where will you be hitting I 77?
If above Mt Airy then I 74 to Winston Salem, High Point, Rockingham, etc would be your best bet.

If coming across I 40 to Statesville I'm just guessing heading on across to W-S, High Point, Rockingham would be better than taking a chance with Charlotte traffic.

When we leave here we don't hit the first stoplight until Rockingham. Smooth sailing all the way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:05 pm 

We will be hitting Norton, then Abington, then to wythville, then mt airy and what you said.. We had always gone 23 south and hit Kingsport, Asheville, Spartanburg, Columbia and that way .. But a friend had taken the 74 and said it was much shorter and besides that UK plays in Columbia the day we go down and that would be a major traffic deal LOL .. Not that we don't want to support our UK wildcats but we want to avoid the traffic. LOL

Thanks for the info!