Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NMB to Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm 

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for leaving Saturday morning in July from NMB going up to Raleigh, NC? Looking for the best route that would avoid most or all of the Saturday morning traffic. We are going up for the night for a family visit after our vacation.

Post subject: Re: NMB to Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:22 pm 

Mr. Green,
Great to meet. I have only gone through Wilmington once as a way to head up I-95 and it's been a while but that if one choice. - Up 17 to the Wilmington By Pass. Before you go over the bridge into Wilmington you will turn north on US 421 which takes you to I-40 which will take you directly to Raleigh.
The way I have often gone and is a bit trickier but works well, is to go west on SC 90 after you cross the intracoastal waterway. (Depending on where you are staying in NMB) If you are at or south of Main Streeet in OD, take the Robert Edge Main Street extension to SC 31 and go North to SC 90 and then West on 90 to US 701 at Loris and turn North toward Tabor City. As you near Tabor City bear right staying on 701 and do not go into Tabor City on Business 701. After 701 meets back up with Business 701 watch for NC Hwy 410 turning left. There should be a sign pointing to Chadburn at the 410 intersection. Stay on 410 through Chadburn and you'll come to a stop light at US 76. Go straight on across US 76 and continue to the next stop light at US 74. Turn Left, (west) onto US 74 and follow all the way to I-95 and on up to I-40 to Raleigh. Generally Wilmington is more west of Myrtle Beach than North of Myrtle Beach, So I find it better to head west and north than east and then north west... ? Your decision. Maybe someone that has done this lately can add more insight. Good Luck...Enjoy your MB Stay.

Post subject: Re: NMB to Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 am 

Thank you for the reply. We have been coming down for year now, but never headed up to Raleigh after a stay. The directions will be very helpful. THANKS AGAIN!!