Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:22 am 
Forum Support

Congrats Deanna!

So I guess we are all guilty of the same thing. We all check-in on the board, but we just don't start a discussion or continue one. I completely understand and thanks for the replies!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:52 am 

Congrats Deanna! Grandbabies are the best! One of our best beach trips was when we took our first grandaughter to the beach for the first time!

I started making my lists for our August trip...hopefully that will make the waiting go faster!

Love this message board and all on it...Thanks Patrish...especially for all the pictures you post...they help the time between trips seem shorter!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 am 

Congrats Deanna. I have been popping back in lately looking as my beach fever has heightened. Currently my inlaws are in Pirateland and my fever is spiked through the roof. It probably helps that June is fast approaching and my tball/softball/baseball schedule really thins out.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm 

I can honestly say that my "Myrtle Beach Fever" isn't quite what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I still love the area but my excitement is rather contained these days. While I still look forward to every visit, I try to not let it get the best of me. I have too much to see and do locally to wish away my time. I'm able to wait for my vacation to get here. Having one sole focus on a mere week is unfair to my soul when there is so much more to love in my life.

I believe we're all still here to help but that not too many new questions have come up. I don't feel that this board has outlived its usefulness but instead we've become comfortable with its evolution. It's similar to life in that in its infancy, it's desire to grow is unquenchable but now that it has matured, cruise control has taken over. It is what it is. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 pm 

phroggy wrote:

I believe we're all still here to help but that not too many new questions have come up. I don't feel that this board has outlived its usefulness but instead we've become comfortable with its evolution. It's similar to life in that in its infancy, it's desire to grow is unquenchable but now that it has matured, cruise control has taken over. It is what it is. Cheers.

Most of the people on here are veteran MB visitors. I know I'm pretty much set in my ways as far as what I do and where I eat. Every once in a while I will try a new place, but for the most part we know where a good meal is, so why chance getting a bad one. I just wish some of those people on trip advisor would venture over here for advice. Its a lot friendlier atmosphere and they would get a more honest answer. Pretty hostile environment over there compared to here.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:16 pm 

I know the feeling also. We were suppose to be heading to myrtle this coming weekend and our trip fell thru. I still like to check in and read the trip reports and restaurant reviews. Hoping to make it down early sept. It doesn't feel right not spending time at MB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:32 am 

When we didnt visit MB last year,I was guilty of not checking the board.But that was more out of depression over not making the trip for the forst time since 1993. But now that Im back,I realize how much I missed it.
Newcomers need to realize that while this is a board on all that is Myrtle Beach,its also a board to connect and discuss.Its a forum to help and exchange ALL ideas.I think that maybe some of us "vets" have forgot that too.
I,for one,would be crushed if the board went away,and I'll do anything to help.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:31 pm 

I am much more of a "lerker" to this board than an active participant. (Only 49 posts in 7 years.) I do check into whats new almost every day but I seldom have much to add. I do try to post a trip report every year and I will be adding another report after our trip this July.

I would hate to see this board come to an end. Besides being a great resource for all things Myrtle Beach it also is nice to hear what's new in the other member's lives. I will attempt to share my MB vacation experience more frequently when I can. If I add up all my weeks of vacation, I have lived in Myrtle Beach for nearly 6 months total over my 52 years. That ranks 3rd behind Cincinnati and Columbus Ohio for the cities where I have spent the most time. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out which city or location would be fourth. I did live in Barnesville Georgia one summer back in 1983. :???:

I hope everyone has a great vacation.

Tom

All but once on Shore Drive

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:48 pm 

I've always been guilty of this. I start coming back on the board around May of each year, just as vacation season is starting. I post as much as I can up until we go to the beach. Usually after I get back, I have to drag the trip report out of me then I don't check back in until the next spring. Now that my new job requires me to be on a computer 40 hours a week, going on one when I get home is the last thing I want to do. Taking care of a 2 month old baby also comes into play too ha!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am 

another guilty person who's been gone for awhile.

Like Deanna said..when you aren't coming for a LONGGGGG time, it makes it hard to come here and read about everyone who's going to the beach. It's downright depressing. We are going to Disney this year, and I'm still not in the spirit, and find myself wishing it was the beach instead.

I'll check in from time to time, but nothing like when I'm planning a MB trip. I haven't been since 2013 and it's a growing pain inside of me that I'm not coming until next year.

and CONGRATS Deanna!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:44 pm 

When I read this post it makes me a little sad. I became a member of the old board in 2002 (i think). I used to spend several hours a week on this board. I loved when new members would come on and ask questions that I could help them with. After several years of the board gathering information. There were less questions and when someone asked a question the old members would just tell them to use the search feature. Then facebook blew up and I became friends on there with most of the regulars on here. It was easier to post pictures and stuff like that on facebook for trip reports ect. I still read the message board and times like this, when I have made my vacation reservations I will make some post. This message board changed the way I vacationed. I look forward to the meet ups and have made life long friends because of this message board. I may not regularly visit and post but I am glad when I log on it's like visiting an old friend I haven't seen in a while. I will always be grateful to Patrish because my life is so much richer because of her efforts to start and operate this message board.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 am 

I just realized that I am on this board almost everyday reading, but only post 1/10 times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:50 am 

I'm way to excited to get to MB this year because of this stupid rain in KY and we are down to 58 days till we go. I find myself answering my own post sometimes. I love this site and pray it never goes down. I don't know you all personally but feel I do !!!! Make sense? We all talk and respond to others post and depend on what others experiences are. Means a lot!!

Carol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:21 pm 

luvmb...guess what? We had an entire afternoon with sunshine and NO RAIN! I know how you feel...the summer weather has been awful...lets hope all our members will have sunny days for their trips!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:21 pm 

We're right about the time where the board goes completely silent. This is actually the most active I've been on it since I joined in 2009, usually I stop checking in after I finish my trip report for the year and don't come back until May/June. Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next