Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:29 am 

Never stayed here, but thought some might find this interesting....

Ocean Lakes will triple the size of its park from one acre to three and add two slides, a 705-foot Adventure River, a 61,000-square-foot pool deck and 28,110 square feet of water featuring a semi-covered kiddie pool.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2015/0 ... Newsletter#storylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 pm 

Great. More traffic on 544. :twisted:

No. Good for them. It must be a pretty good place. I know a few people that stay there every year, and the place seems to stay crowded.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

The new Wal Mart (groceries only) that opened last summer will need to expand. It is already too crowded. Thanks for sharing the news, Kirk!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:39 pm 

patrish wrote:
The new Wal Mart (groceries only) that opened last summer will need to expand. It is already too crowded. Thanks for sharing the news, Kirk!

That is an understatement. We stopped by that location once last year, thinking that it would be a quick in and out like it was designed to be. We were bad wrong. With it being located across from the campgrounds, this location is just as much an inconvenience as the regular store.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:22 am 

We were next door at Lakewood in Sept. and I walked around Ocean Lakes some to check it out and wow, that place is already huge! I can't imagine getting around it after the expansion. Golf carts are a must at all of the campgrounds there. I was wondering when they would re do their pools however, as theirs was kind of plain compared to the recent upgrades made at both Lakewood with their waterpark and with Pirateland's lazy river and kiddie pirate ship area. We did enjoy staying in that area of Surfside though.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 pm 

OL must have seen how big of a hit the new waterpark has been the past few yeas at Lakewood.

On a side note, we used the Wal Mart grocery store several times last summer. What makes it so great is that we can go straight out from Lakewod to get there and never have to get on 17! I really miss the Kroger that was there, but the Wal Mart beats traveling anywhere else.