Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 pm 

I need some help planning a family trip please. We are in the beginning stages of planning but I need help getting steered in the right direction. My Mom and Uncle want to get the extended family together next May after 2 college graduations.
They want oceanfront for a long weekend in Myrtle Beach. At first we were looking at houses, but it seems like so many require a week stay. We would have 12 people with some grown kids so we would need at least 5 bedrooms, preferably 6.
Can anyone suggest a nice condo? Or even a house that doesn't require a longer than 3 night stay?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 pm 

After 12 wonderful days in Myrtle Beach and just left 8 hours ago and can still smell the salt air, I can honestly say I'm biased when I suggest Compass Cove. In their Mariner building, you can rent a 3 bedroom oceanfront suite. So you would only need 2 units. During prime time they have lots of children activities, multiple pools and lazy rivers and I've never seen any minimum stays except for certain discounts.

Check them out - www.compasscove.com

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:15 am 

You won't be able to find a 5 or 6 bedroom unit at an oceanfront condo complex. ALL houses are week long required stays. Your best bet is to get two three-bedroom units in the same complex much as dbusguy already stated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:41 pm 

Windy Hill Dunes has has ten 5 bedroom oceanfront penthouse condos. They are about 3400 Sq Ft. Do not know if any one rents them for a long weekend though.

MichaelB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Several years ago we rented a beach house in Garden City Beach for 3 nights for a family reunion. We chose one block off the ocean and rented through Dunes Realty. It had a nice pool in the back along with patio and grill where we cooked out. Dunes couldn't have been any better to work with. They specialize in Surfside and Garden City.
http://www.dunes.com/
Their website says:
Nightly- All nightly rentals are subject to availability and a minimum stay required (2 nights in condos, 3 nights in houses.) Call us for restrictions and availability. Discounts may be available for 3+ nights in the same property. 888-889-0312
http://www.dunes.com/rentalinfo.htm

You should also check VRBO and HomeAway for owners who may be more inclined to rent for a few days rather than a week.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:07 pm 

I have never stayed here so I am not recommending it from experience. I have only walked by but Ambassador Villas in North Myrtle Beach is ocean front and I believe they have 7 and 8 bedroom units.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:29 pm 

Thank you everyone!
Exactly the kind of info I needed to get started. I will check those places out. I knew I could count on y'all.