Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:33 pm 

I had in mind happenings in myrtle beach. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:43 pm 

Sorry I didn't clarify, that was in Myrtle. Crescent Beach to be exact. My grandparents rented the same house every year for like 20 people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm 

Can't wait to hear what you post. It should be interesting reading about everyone's strange or unusual experiences.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm 

I have an ant story too ... We had stayed at ocean reef about 5 years ago and one evening planned out family pics... as you leave OR and go south there is a gazebo and a few sailboats by the ocean and we were taking pics there... My daughters friend sat down my a tree on the back of the bench and suddenly jumped up and was trying to get his pants off... I'm sure the people driving by were wondering what was wrong with him ...they were all over him in just a matter of minutes...We have returned there to take pics because it is so pretty .. but we watch out for those lil fellas lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:29 pm 

Probably my favorite MB memory or unusual thing is when I was a teenager. I had came down to MB with a friend and my parents. I had an older brother that was also in MB with a group of friends, and they were staying on the other end of the strand. Somehow, we managed to talk (or beg) my parents into letting us spend one night with my brother and his friends on the other end of MB. Needless to say, that night we drank a few beverages that are meant to be consumed only by adults over the age of 21. I woke up the next day feeling fine, but my buddy wasn't so lucky. I know my parents could tell something wasn't right with him, so we told my them that it must of been a bad cheeseburger from the magic attic :roll: I don't think they bought the story, but we were sticking to it. It was one of those bad hangovers that lasted the entire next day.

Anyway we went to the old mall that was in MB the next night and it was still a struggle for him. Since he was still having issues he spent most of the time in the mall bathroom dry heaving. The funny part is a guy that was using the next stall busts in my buddies bathroom stall declaring that he is certified in the Heimlich maneuver and proceeds to try and dislodge a stuck object. My buddy finally got him to stop bear hugging his gut and explained that it was just a bad night. We still to this day laugh over the "bad cheeseburger" from the Magic Attic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:40 pm 

Hey better watch out for those 'bad ' cheeseburgers !! Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 pm 

MBKY wrote:
Anyway we went to the old mall that was in MB the next night and it was still a struggle for him. Since he was still having issues he spent most of the time in the mall bathroom dry heaving. The funny part is a guy that was using the next stall busts in my buddies bathroom stall declaring that he is certified in the Heimlich maneuver and proceeds to try and dislodge a stuck object. My buddy finally got him to stop bear hugging his gut and explained that it was just a bad night. We still to this day laugh over the "bad cheeseburger" from the Magic Attic.

:hysterical: :ac41[1]:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:17 am 

Poor old Magic Attic, getting a bad name even after passing.... RIP :lol:

I recall pulling into the Landmark during a January trip. Jan & Kelly went up to the room and I'm starting to unload the van when a scruffy-looking gal in her 30s comes up. Being the only tourist in a 5 mile radius, I was an "easy mark".

Asked if I would give her a ride home, which I politely refused with the standard response of "been on the road all day, family is up in the room.... sorry". She asked again, sweetening the offer..... I was wondering what she would have of "value". I assumed the upgraded offer would consist of alcohol, drugs... or worse (hey... this is a family forum !). Expecting the worst, I noted where my phone was in case she became belligerent and I had to call the cops....

She followed up with "I work next door to my house, I can give you... a dozen free bagels !" :nanner:

I almost started laughing hysterically.... and was so taken aback I almost offered her the ride. She accepted my next decline and walked off quietly. My daughter Kelly, who was probably 12 at the time, heard the story and said... "see Dad, even Hobos can be nice ! Should have taken the bagels"

In all our trips to MB, this was the only time I have been approached like this. If I was offered something illicit, I probably wouldn't even remember.... just another day at the office.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 pm 

Where do I begin? As I was thinking of the years past, I realized that our most unusual memories end up with a family member hurt. Only slightly that only adds to the story. We seem to vacation like the Griswold's even ending up in a Red Cross Shelter because of flooding when out of town for our daughter's wedding a few years back but that's another story.

One of my first trips to the beach as a kid, we camped with cousins. On the way back from the showers, my older cousin and I left my little sister behind. It was innocent, we simply forgot as little kids do. She got lost wondering the campground. She was found quickly and safely but 25+ years later, my cousin and I still get fussed at for this.

About 10 yrs ago when our daughters were young, the oldest went on the balcony and shut the door behind her. We told the youngest that we could go the pool or ice cream or something equally exciting to an 8 yr old. She broke into a full run to get her sister and you guessed it.....Full Force right into the sliding glass door. I am sure it shook the whole hotel, but she was unhurt. Thank goodness!

A few yrs later, we took the girls to that ocean front water park. We are riding with them, everyone is having a great time. Other than the oldest talking me into going down with her backwards. That was a ride! We are waiting for the youngest & my husband to finish their ride. They splash into the pool and the inner tube flips with my daughter going over my husband. She pops right up and he is in a panic. Under water, sure he is drowning. (He doesn't like to swim under water) The lifeguard walks over, grabs him by the elbow and says "Stand up sir, it's only 3 feet deep" :hysterical:

Then last year, my husband and I are having a romantic pre-dinner walk on the beach, just the 2 of us. We are walking in the wet sand and all of a sudden, his 1 foot sinks. Picture this: He is knee deep in the wet sand with only one leg. I grabbed his arm and we pulled his leg free. Then the hysterics began with me. Romantic beach walk was over.

*Can't believe I forgot one! One year recently we stayed 1 block away from ocean & decided to park at public space for the few hrs we would be on the beach. Doing a good job at watching the time for the meter until.......someone started finding HUGE shells in the ocean. I'm talking the size of both my hands. Of course I had to join in and found some great ones. Returning to the car, we had a parking ticket for the expired meter. Darn shells cost me $25!

Last edited by 4ever in Flip Flops on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:40 pm 

Forever in flipflops: There would never be a dull moment around you guys!! Excitement every moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:50 pm 

We can somehow turn an ordinary day into an adventure. At least we know that we will leave our children and grandchildren with great memories.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:26 pm 

4ever in Flip Flops wrote:
They splash into the pool and the inner tube flips with my daughter going over my husband. She pops right up and he is in a panic. Under water, sure he is drowning. (He doesn't like to swim under water) The lifeguard walks over, grabs him by the elbow and says "Stand up sir, it's only 3 feet deep" :hysterical:

Picture this: He is knee deep in the wet sand with only one leg. I grabbed his arm and we pulled his leg free. Then the hysterics began with me. Romantic beach walk was over

:hysterical: Funny stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:03 pm 

Of course all of you know we have always traveled in droves. When Ryan was just an infant Doug and I had the bedroom in the back of the condo facing the street. I woke up in the middle of the night to red lights from outside flashing in our room. Of course the panicker that I am bolted from the bed. The minute my feet hit the floor the power goes out. I look out the front door of our condo and there are fire engines everywhere and I could actually smell something burning. I turn around and yell for Doug to get up and I keep heading down the hall to wake everyone. My mom had heard the fire alarm beep when the power went out and she heard me open the front door. She too smelled the smoke. We are both running down the hall at the same time and you guessed it we hit head on. At this point my aunt took charge and told everyone to evacuate. Keep in mind it is dark and we are all running around in a panic. I have a 12 year old cousin screaming "What the hell is going on" (By the way we don't talk like that. One uncle is a preacher :lol: )My other aunt can't find her purse nor her false teeth and my dad being woke up from a deep sleep thought Ryan had been kidnapped. We begin heading out the door and a neighbor stopped us to let us know that the power company was only working on the wires and had a small fire. At this point I start looking for Doug. He is still in the bed snoozing away :roll: Only a man could sleep through that. He still says he was the only sane one there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 am 

Deanna that is hilarious!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am 

Deanna, thanks for my morning chuckle!