Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:29 pm 

Thought this would be an interesting topic! We all have those weird, unusual things that happen to us, so I thought it would be fun to share some here that happened in MB. Ours is this: a couple years ago we drove our regular 8 hours to myrtle beach, and went out to eat. When we returned to our room it was only 5:30, so we decided to lay down and rest briefly.. we woke up the next morning at 7:30!! one nite lost in MB!!! We could not believe it!! Whats yours???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:49 pm 

Good topic. About 5 years ago we parked the front end of our SUV up against a bush where the condo had landscaping bordering the edge of the parking spot. Got into the car the next day and we had hundreds of ants inside our vehicle. I assume the climbed up the bush and made a trail inside our vehicle. Had to make a trip to Lowes to get terro ant killer to get rid of them. I even did the condo a favor and put some baits in their landscape to try to avoid it happening again during the trip.

A couple of years ago, when the little one was still drinking from bottles, we encountered a horrible smell in our "very clean" vehicle when we opened it up on our first full day at the beach. Once again I'm heading out to Lowes to buy something to fix it. I bought the most expensive "odor remover" that they had. Got back to the condo and tore the car apart looking for the source of the smell. No bottles laying, no signs of spilled milk, and no particular area that the smell was coming from. The only thing I knew to do was to soak the whole back area with the high dollar chemicals. It would help a little, but as soon as the car would get shut and locked, the heat would bring the smell back out. I was taking off interior trim and pulling up the carpet as far as I could without having to unbolt and take out the seats. Spraying up and under the carpet as far as I could and trying to let the odor remover "kill the smell" and dry everything up good. Nothing fixed it and we ended up having to endure the "stink" the rest of the trip and on the way home. I finally came up with a skunk smell removal recipe from Myth Busters and that took care of it. I was about to the point of trying to sell the vehicle if that didn't work. Never did figure out the source of the smell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:06 pm 

Oh my goodness! That's more like a nightmare, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:14 pm 

What a neat topic!

We were coming out of WalMart several years ago in MB and as we were pulling our car out of our spot I saw my cousin Emily (Italians all name their kids the same names :wink: ) and her family leaving the store!!! We screamed and waved and they couldn't believe it either!! Neither of us had a clue the other was down for the week! We all met for breakfast the next morning! It was a real blessing as we don't get to see them often!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:29 pm 

Have had plenty of unusual experiences, but this one stands out the most: http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13572&hilit=orange+lights

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:45 pm 

Sun n fun we had that happen in Nashville!! Ran into my sis who lives in South Carolina and I live in ohio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 pm 

I can't remember the exact year but there was a humpback whale beached in
North Myrtle. It was around 30 feet long and was something to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:03 pm 

First year I went to MB was 2004. I traveled down for the weekend with a buddy from work. We're both bus drivers so 8 hrs of driving each was nothing. On the Saturday evening my buddy wanted to go for a walk down to Starbucks at the Breakers to get a coffee. I stayed in the room to get some computer time. He was sitting outside Starbucks when 2 fellow drivers and 1 of our Supervisors were walking by. They were each surprised and had a great chat. They were staying at the Breakers.

Small world.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:09 pm 

Great replys. Thanks. I love these unusual happenings. We all have them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 pm 

metric wrote:
I can't remember the exact year but there was a humpback whale beached in
North Myrtle. It was around 30 feet long and was something to see.

It was 2006. https://www.flickr.com/photos/myrtlebea ... Wdq-5c2qU8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:08 pm 

A whale would be so Wesome to see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 pm 

My party and I were part of an attempted scam by some young folks. We were just getting out of the vehicle at Tanger on King's Rd when this 18ish girl walks up telling us how her car ran out of gas and that the gas station wouldn't let her take the gas can etc etc. Bottom line is that Phroggy wasn't born last night. I called her bluff. I won the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am 

Nothing that unusual has ever happened to me with the exception of seeing two former girlfriends. Awkward! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:03 pm 

TarHeelboy wrote:
Nothing that unusual has ever happened to me with the exception of seeing two former girlfriends. Awkward! :shock:

I've not ran into any ex-girlfriends, but I couldn't tell you the last time that I went to MB didn't run into some locals.

I've also been on two cruises out of Charleston the last couple of years and ran into people from our hometown both times.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 pm 

Many of my memorable happenings involved 10+ drunken college kids cramming in one condo, so not fit for a family board discussion!
I'll search the memory banks for some stories from my youth. I do remember getting in a ton of trouble for putting a rubber snake in my grandmother's bed when I was 7 or 8.