Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:44 pm 

Emmy & Paul and Kay & I are meeting at the River City Cafe at Barefoot Landing on Thursday, June 19th. Alan & Ruann, Partrish & Wally, we would love to have you join us as well as any other locals and MBMB2 members in town! Let me know if you can make it! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Vicki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:17 am 
Site Admin

We had a great meetup last night at River City Cafe! I didn't how many people to expect, but by the time we left the house, two couples had e-mailed to say they would not be able to make it.

Below is a set of photos. As many of you know, Alan has been making daily contributions to his live posts. Emmy, on the other hand, has not been on the computer since she and Paul got to the beach. In other words, she knew nothing about Alan's post regarding Emmy's "bushy hair" or that she was wearing a "flowered suit." The hair remained the big topic of the evening, and you can see in the first group photo that Alan had grabbed a handful of her "bushy hair" for the photo, and mumbling "I rest my case." In the second group photo, Emmy is giving him the "what for." For those of you who don't know, Emmy has a fantastic personality and not a mean streak in her body. She laughed with us, often making comments of her own, and sometimes I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

The names are under the photos that Wally took of our group. In the shot named "Smiths" they are as follows: 1. Haley 2. Caleb 3. Jeremy 4. JoAnn 5. Stanley

This was a meet and greet of old friends, going back quite a few years, and I was so happy to see them all. Ruann is still lovely, Vicki and Kay never change and I love getting caught up on all their news, Emmy and Paul both look fantastic and Alan is the same old loveable Alan. It's nice to know that some things never change.

After we finished eating at River City Cafe, Alan mentioned the entertainment going on close by. So glad we were able to catch the show. The juggler is fantastic, and even posed for me in two of shots. If you are in Barefoot Landing just before dark, don't miss this fun free show.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic evening!

http://www.funbeaches.com/MeetUp

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:11 pm 

Gee, I wish we could have been there to see Patrish & Wally, Vicki & Kay and Alan & Ruann again and to finally meet Emmy & Paul! Looks like y'all had a great visit! If you've never been to a meet-up and have the chance to go to one, do yourself a favor and GO!!!!! You won't regret it!

Karen in Upstate SC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:35 pm 

Great looking group

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:48 pm 

Looks like a good time was had by all. Reminiscent of the meetup last October that we were at. Same venue and almost same cast of characters. Just because I am a curious person who were "The Smiths". No mention of them in the write-up only the picture?? Duh, a blond moment, I bet they were Alan and Ruann's family.

Judy

The rain fall softly on your fields
and until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand
(A Gaelic Blessing)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Judy, the names are under the photos that Wally took of our group. In the shot named "Smiths" they are as follows: 1. Haley 2. Caleb 3. Jeremy 4. JoAnn 5. Stanley. Alan and Ruann's grandchildren, then their son, then their daughter and her husband.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 am 

Looks like another great meet up. We had such a good time, as Judy mentioned, last October. We are really looking forward to our next trip this fall.

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:38 am 

Meet ups are the best and this looks like a good one!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:22 pm 

Wish I was there! Great group picture. Glad to hear a fist fight didnt develop between Alan and Emmy. Have a safe return home trip to the travelers.
(Patrish and Wally, hope to see you in Sept,the 6th thru the 13th) :lol: Hint, but understand if you have vacation plans too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:36 pm 

I am glad you all had a wonderful time!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cathy, please post a meet-up for when you will be here. Really looking forward to seeing you and Rich.

I will be gone Sept. 12 - 22, so pick a day I will still be here and hopefully we will get a group together!