Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 am 

We are leaving for MB this coming Friday night. :nanner: We take 70East and pick up 77 South in Cambridge, OH,, picking up 74E at Mt Airy NC Exit. We then pick up 40 East in Winston Salem, then 220S just outside of Greensboro. We pick up 501S at Laurinburg, then take 9E out of Dillon SC, all the way to NMB. Just wondering, has anyone else taken this route in the recent past and what can we expect in the way of road construction. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give us!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:44 pm 

Buckeye Trudy wrote:
We are leaving for MB this coming Friday night. :nanner: We take 70East and pick up 77 South in Cambridge, OH,, picking up 74E at Mt Airy NC Exit. We then pick up 40 East in Winston Salem, then 220S just outside of Greensboro. We pick up 501S at Laurinburg, then take 9E out of Dillon SC, all the way to NMB. Just wondering, has anyone else taken this route in the recent past and what can we expect in the way of road construction. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give us!

Hi neighbor! (Coshocton resident here)...a buddy from work drove down to North Myrtle yesterday. I texted him and he says there's nothing significant, a little bridge work here and there and stuff like that, but nothing major that would cause delays. Especially if you're driving at night. Enjoy your trip!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 pm 

I think every bridge in OH is under construction -- and for some reason they're all coned off for like 5 miles before and 5 miles after, so that's all marked at 50. Both tunnels, both ways were not under construction which was really nice! I don't recall anything in WVa or VA on 77 either. We were down and back two weeks ago. Not even any back up at Wytheville like normal, and we hit Charleston at 5pm and it was smooth sailing on a Friday!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 pm 

New stretch opened up last Fall so not a lot of info on it yet.
Outside of Winston-Salem on I 40. Looking at map it might be second exit leaving W-S.
RT 311 to High Point. Might even be a sign or two for I 74. All four lane. Little traffic.
Runs diagonal to RT 220 by-passing Greensboro. Hit's RT 220 just below Ashboro.
Used it last trip north bound. Piece a cake......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 pm 

Thanks everybody!! Sounds like it should be "smooth sailing" all the way to the beach!! We're are getting very antsy to just load up the car and head south!!!! By Thursday, I'll be ready to "jump out of my skin!" Next stop, the beach!! :sunny: