Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spending Money
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm 

We are coming down June 22 for a week. The Condo is paid for and we plan to cook/eat in at least two meals a day and eat out for one meal a day. How much spending money for food and activities would you suggest. There are three of us myself, hubby, and son who is 6. We would like to do a dolphin tour with Hurricane Fleet in Calabash and I would also like to take my son to Family Kingdom. We don't plan to do a lot of shopping but hubby would like to get some souvenirs. We mostly plan to spend time on the beach and eat.

Bay View-2008
Laquinta Inn 48th-2013
Mariners Cove-2014

Post subject: Re: Spending Money
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:04 pm 

I guess you could get a lot of different answers here as it depends on where you eat and if you have adult beverages etc. We are like you we eat breakfast and lunch in the room and eat dinner out. We usually budget $50 per day for eating out. Sometimes we go over and sometimes we go under. We know that Basils or Ultimate California Pizza are not going to be $50, but if we go to Liberty for the Blue Cheese Crusted Filet we are looking at more than $50. If you are on a tight budget look at the thread in the restaurant section "budget dining". For us we just have to decide how much we can spend and plan accordingly. As far as the other things you want to do I would find out how much the dolphin tour cost before you go down and make reservations in advance. The amusement park is another thing where you can spend a lot or very little depending on how much you decide to do. My kids loved the family kingdom when they were little and it was worth the money just to here them laugh watch them have blast on the rides.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 pm 
Forum Support

My tip - Check the restaurant website before you go. For a coupon and/or specials. Does the restaurant have a happy hour? Do they have lunch specials? Good way to stretch a budget.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:38 pm 

I would plan on spending about $100 per day. I have a few more kids than you do and we end up spending about $150 on average each day and that includes the shopping, eating, golf, entertainment, etc... We usually eat out one time each day and those meals include some nights of budget eating and others that we end up splurging a little bit. You could do a lot better than that with only three people.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm 

Our last trip we saved about $800 for spending, and we spent it all. Between food, shopping, activities, and many starbucks runs, it went quickly, and that was just for two adults!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:39 pm 

A week long stay for us includes an overnight for the drive down. So with hotel, resort, fuel, food, shopping, alcohol and groceries for breakfast and lunch, for the three of us, we spend around $2000. We don't actually set a budget but we do pay for our lodging ahead of time and try to buy enough gift cards for gas (4x Kroger points!!). We usually take about $600 in cash with us and just use our credit cards as much as we can to avoid carrying so much cash.