Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:05 pm 

very much enjoyed your trip report..we too have varied vacations according to our kids interests..and activities...you will never regret things you do with your children...I will say though...that having grandchildren...has kept on bringing us back to the Myrtle Beach/ Surfside Beach areas...nothing like that first glimpse of the ocean through a young child's eyes...Thanks again for sharing your trip with us...loved every minute!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Rick. That was a fantastic trip report. And it came at a time when the message board members are getting antsy about their MB vacations (as you can see from the responses.) Thanks for letting us follow you around. It was a blast...as we used to say...never mind how many years ago! :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 pm 

Isn't it funny when our kids get older how things change. Ryan is entering his last year of pharmacy school and getting married this December (whew I am getting OLD) and his desire for the beach is just not there like it used to be. Sure isn't like his moma is he? His fiance Leanna is fair skinned and enjoys the beach, but would probably pick another destination if she had the choice. So this summer will be our first family vacation without Ryan. Supposedly they are saving for the wedding..Ummm I thought I paid for everything anyway :roll: There is a big part of me that knows it will not be the same, but then there is another part that of me that sees this as an opportunity for Doug and I to kick our heels up a little :roll: Rick, I see you and Amy returning someday to kick up your heels :lol: Thanks for sharing your report. I think we all needed it after the winter we have had.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm 

Enjoyed the report thank you. Felt like I was right along with you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

Deanna, well said.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 pm 

Rick, I have always really enjoyed your trip reports. You have great writing skills. Unfortunately I am a sucker for happy endings. It may be happy for you that you will no longer be coming to Myrtle Beach but not so for us. I am sure I am not alone in saying that your input and trip reports will be sorely missed. Enjoy your future trips to different destinations but hopefully keep a place in your heart for Myrtle Beach.
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 pm 

beachlady wrote:
Rick, I have always really enjoyed your trip reports. You have great writing skills. Unfortunately I am a sucker for happy endings. It may be happy for you that you will no longer be coming to Myrtle Beach but not so for us. I am sure I am not alone in saying that your input and trip reports will be sorely missed. Enjoy your future trips to different destinations but hopefully keep a place in your heart for Myrtle Beach.
Judy

I will also really miss Rick's reports. I always looked forward to his early season reports to be here. It was a good way to start vacation season. Will miss those in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

I predict that Rick will be back. A psychologist says that if you have been friends with someone for 7 years, that friendship will last a lifetime. I'm no psychologist, but I predict that anyone who has been to MB 7 times will return again, or even move here someday.

That's what my Magic 8 Ball said when I asked it, and I'm stickin'' to it! :clown:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:50 am 

Wow, what wonderfully meaningful comments, thank you.

Yes, I'm back. Found myself doing the old "what was I doing a week ago this morning?" thing!

Judy, I certainly didn't mean to imply that I didn't, or wouldn't want to come back. Myrtle Beach has a special place in my heart, from my childhood, to my kid's childhood.

I'm just playing prognosticator here a bit, and it just looks like we might be taking a break for a bit. As many have told me, I'm sure I'll be back with the grandkids someday!

And, maybe sooner.

You are right Patrish, the community spirit here is strong. Friendships do endure.

I am especially humbled by learning that my traditional April reports seem to have a special "early season" identity. I'm glad that I got to serve that role for many of you.

God speed everyone.

See you back here.......sometime! :beerchug:

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort
2014 Hampton Inn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:31 am 

Rick, We started coming to Myrtle Beach when our 32 year old son was only 7 years old. The years before he was grown and gone were great family times but the years here alone with my wife where we could do our own thing at our own pace have been really special too.

The couple of trips we have made so far with our granddaughter have been awesome. I'm sure the beach will call you back sooner than you think. Be well......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm 

Rick.....Geno beat me to it. You're only a year or two away from "empty nest" trip(s). Like he said. Family trips are still great but I really enjoy the off season mom and pop ones.
Easier to plan. Less expensive. No school or ball schedules to work around. Sept and May are great times. No traffic. No lines. Great weather.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:30 pm 

Wow Rick.. reading the end of your trip report was like finishing the last line of a great book you don't want to end! I enjoy your trip reports so much. I know in due time you will be back. We are falling into the same pattern.. not coming this year because i'm having a baby, and next year is Disney.. so it'll be at least 2016 before we are back and i'm finding my trips to this board less and less frequent because of it.

best of luck to you and your family! see you around! :mrgreen:

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 am 

I just finished reading your report, and it was great! I hope it's not as long as you think before you get back to MB.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O