Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:09 pm 

Tues. we woke up to guess what? more rain of course . :BandHead: We headed down to have a delicious breakfast at the buffet that was part of our package. They have an omelet station on certain days, make your own waffles and sausage gravy and biscuits, stewed fruit and all kinds of other goodies. We were full and happy and had decided to make the most of the bad weather and went to the car museum. My husband and son are both big car buffs so this was on our to do list anyway. It is a full of classic/muscle cars - an impressive collection of about 50+ for just the one owner. Of course, there was also a gift shop ,so my son had to pick out a new special edition hotwheels car to add to his collection of what seems to be hundreds! After the museum we headed to Murrell's Inlet to eat at Prosser's BBQ which we'd heard so many good things about and it didn't disappoint. It is a huge delicious southern buffet with BBQ pork, chicken, fried fish, chicken livers, all kinds of great sides like mac and cheese, collards , beans, peach cobbler and banana pudding- cap it off with sweet tea and we were in heaven! Back to the hotel for naps then off to swim at the water park and burn off some calories from lunch . We were so full still we just had some snacks for dinner in the room .

Wed. again we had a great breakfast buffet, enjoying the beautiful view of the beach and palm trees from our table. We could really get used to this :lol: Then we headed back to the water parks where we spent most of the day in the lazy river or riding the slides- so much fun! For lunch, I just cooked up hot dogs and beans in the room ,then time for some reading and naps for all. That evening we had wanted to go to the Pavillion Park at BOTB but it hadn't opened yet as they were adding new rides this season so we went to Nascar Speedpark instead so my son could ride some rides. Now ,this place is not cheap- it is normally $29 for all you can ride armband but we did catch a special which lowered it to $23. It was still so cold we were almost by ourselves so my son could ride many rides continuously. He especially loved being big enough to drive the smallest of the go carts by himself! He always says he wants to be a race car driver when he grows up so this was perfect- to see his smile was priceless! After ,we went to Johnny Rockets at BOTB as it was late and we were cold and hungry so just got burgers and shakes.

Thursday, shock of all shocks -the sun finally shone so what do my guys want to do -head to the beach ? No, of course, last night they spotted the set up for the Pee Dee Car Show so we just had to check that out( are you detecting a car theme yet?) So what was to be a short trip turned into over 2 hours of checking out more classic cars! I was cool with it though because it really was very neat- there were some great cars and we actually saw the exact same car(1978 Camaro Z28 )that my husband has and is in process of restoring. The people were all so friendly to talk to as well . Afterwards ,we went to the water park for more fun . We did get to go out to the beach later afternoon into early evening and enjoyed the sun and warmer weather, just playing in the sand together and my son was able to find a little girl there to play with a build castles together- they were really cute. Since tonight was our last night, we wanted some really good seafood so we went back to Murrell's Inlet and went to Russell's which was our first time there. We got there just before 8pm and we still had to wait a while. I had fried shrimp and oysters and my husband had the broiled flounder and a hamburger($8 for a kids burger! It was big though) Everything was delicious and we got a piece of key lime pie to share back in the room .

Friday was our last day - we woke up early and had breakfast ,loading up one last time at the buffet and then hit the waterparks for one final trip(maybe not the smartest idea to ride all those slides on such a full tummy :shock: ). We hate to leave, we've had such fun and made great memories but went up to pack and then spent some time at the pirate ship playground for my son and enjoyed lounging in the sun watching him play and took some pictures on the beach. The ice cream man stopped by so we got him an ice cream and we sat content sipping a starbucks frozen drink from the café inside. Not feeling any need to rush ,we decided to eat lunch somewhere with a nice view overlooking the water and decided on the restaurant at the Apache pier and campground. This place is really neat- a combination of permanent residents, RV's and trailers and vacationers. I had a great fried shrimp sandwhich and hubby had a burger and son had grilled cheese. The view of the beach and pier were a nice relaxing way to end our vacation and then they got to playa few games in the arcade there and the woman was kind enough to let my son pick out a nicer prize than the amount he actually had tickets for. Then we piled in the car , with my son falling asleep almost instantly and made the somewhat long drive home but talking all the way about how it wasn't really that long and maybe somehow we could even squeeze in a 4 day weekend sometime. :ac15[1]:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 pm 
Forum Support

I think I found myself a new family. :lol: Too bad you can't swing by and pick me up! I just love cars and would fit right in!! Patrish is always asking me when I will be at the beach. Sadly the rest of my family picks some place else and no one else comes to MB that I know of! :sad:

Anyways... Thank You so much for the lovely trip report! I will have to put the Apache pier and Campground Restaurant on my list. Sounds like a good time and something different. :mrgreen:

Quote:
the woman was kind enough to let my son pick out a nicer prize than the amount he actually had tickets for.

That is a perk of going in the off season. :nanner: I love those unexpected surprises!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:58 pm 

Thanks for the reports - you definitely stayed at the right resort considering the weather !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:55 pm 

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your adventures!! Sounds like just a wonderful time!! It's always hard to leave isn't it :sad: ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:26 pm 

Thanks for the trip report! A nice appetizer for the coming months!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm 

Lovely report! Sounds like you made the most out of the ammenities!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:29 pm 

Sounds like you had a great time in spite of the rain. Glad that you tried out Prosser's. It's one of our annual stops at the beach. They have really good food and the price is reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm 

Great report. It is up to us to have a good time in spite of the weather and it sounds like you did. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:27 pm 

Thank you for the very well written trip report. I enjoyed hearing all about your time in Myrtle Beach. Looking forward to more posts from you. Unfortunately your report made me want to be at the beach all the more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 pm 

Well done, and thank you!

We will be down next week. This just put me in the right mood, again!

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort
2014 Hampton Inn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

What a wonderful vacation review, kicking off the 2014 spring season in great form!

>…the beach ? No, of course, last night they spotted the set up for the Pee Dee Car Show....

LOL! I love the car shows too! You're right...the people who own the cars love to talk about them!
>...1978 Camaro Z28 that my husband has and is in process of restoring.
He has a real jewel! I'm sure he is proud of it, as he should be!

Russell's Seafood is another local favorite. They don't run coupons that I know of, nor do they do much advertising - if any. They are just there, standing on their reputation as a local favorite. Glad you enjoyed it! As a testimony to Russell's, we stopped in there several years ago when our daughter was visiting. It was in July, the busiest time of the year. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait. We said "OK....we'll wait." The daughter told the hostess it was worth the wait, just for the hush puppies. The hostess picked up on this and said "Stay right here just a minute." She walked away and came right back with a paper bag full of hush puppies. "No charge," she said. "Enjoy them while you wait." That sweet gesture makes me a fan of Russell's.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your Myrtle Beach vacation.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 am 

Thanks , everyone for the nice feedback. We really did have a great time. Patrish, that was funny about the hush puppies at Russell's because the hostess also went ahead and gave us them to snack on while we were waiting which was so nice since we had a hungry little boy . That was great service and we experienced lots of kind gestures at many places while there.