Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:50 pm 

I have heard back from Scott and Denise Mills and we are wanting to plan a meet-up for either Sunday, March 23 or Monday, March 24. We were thinking of the Hungry Hippo and wondering if we could do it earlier around noon or sometime in the afternoon. I am looking for some feedback and we can go from there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 pm 

We had a great time today so nice to meet Christine, Scott and Denise, Patrica, and everyone else. I just have to iphone photos but I know everyone else was taking photos so you will see those soon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42412265@N00/13391078904/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42412265@N00/13390852923/

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

What a fun meetup. Thanks to everyone for making the effort to get to Nacho Hippo. It was so good to Scott and Denise, Christine and Dave, Lauren and her mother. Just as we were getting seated, two pretty ladies showed up at our table and introduced themselves as Elisa and Sue, both residents of Myrtle Beach. Elisa has been a lurker for enough years to recognize all of us from our avatars. And after chatting with her, I've decided she may know more about our message board than I do! :cool:

Lauren, I hope you and your Mom had fun shopping in The Market Common. Christine and Dave, it was so good to see you again and get caught up on your travels. Dave, I'm sorry you are not in the photos. You know I always promise people that if it's not a good photo, I won't post it. Nobody wanted to see you with your mouth open anyhow! :clown: Scott and Denise, thanks for coming to the meetup. I'm sorry I did not get more time to chat with you, and I hope you will enjoy the rest of your vacation. Elisa and Sue, I'm hoping to see you at future meetups! And lastly, thanks to Nacho Hippo for great service and food!

Christine, Lauren and her mother

Elisa, Sue, Denise, Scott

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm 

Hey all... Looks like I missed a good one... :cry: :cry: Had thought and planned to make this one and enjoy some of that great Nacho Hippo food... and a chance to catch up on the latest news from everyone... My work schedule changed all those plans... Patrish keeps saying if I didn't work I could make every meet up... One of these days! Until then, Hope to catch you on your next visit. I enjoyed at least seeing the photos and having a report first hand from Patrish... :nanner: :nanner:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 am 

Kinda off the subject but Nacho Hippos food is good?? Worth going??? We started to last year but didn't make it .. Photos of the food looks really good!

Looks like you all had a good time!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm 

We had a great time at the meet up. We really did miss seeing you, Wally. Good to see Scott and Denise again and to meet Lauren and her Mom, Shirley. All such nice folks. It was a pleasant surprise when Elisa and her friend Sue joined us. Nacho Hippo is a great place for a meet up. The food and the prices are great! You can order a taco, a salad or a whole meal so there was something to please everyone. When I figure out how to post pictures I have a good one of Patrish and Dave that I will post. Our time here is almost up. We leave next Tuesday and what a nice way to end our stay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:04 pm 

Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:13 pm 

Here is the photo of Patrish and Dave. Meet ups are such a neat experience. Thanks to Patrish and the board we are able to meet with and make friends with folks we would otherwise never have crossed paths with. Thank you Patrish, and the other folks here that help her keep this board going. We had such a great time yesterday!

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0098009/photo ... 413388944/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:15 pm 

Christine, Barb loves your necklace. She want to know where you got it.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm 

Hi Don, I bought my necklace at Illusions at Barefoot Landing. I purchased it several years ago and they still have them only they are a little bit different. I always get comments on it even from people that don't understand what it signifies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:33 pm 

A nice group. Wish I was there. Enjoy yourselves everyone in the nice sunny weather.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:29 pm 

Location: Kernersville, NC (Physically), Myrtle Beach, SC (Mentally)
That sure is a pretty awesome group of folks. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new folks. We picked up from where we left off from the last meet up as though we just saw each other last week. As always, we had a great time and wish we could make more of them throughout the year. Hope each of you are safe in your travels and 'til we meet again, think Myrtle Beach!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 pm 

Christine wrote:
Hi Don, I bought my necklace at Illusions at Barefoot Landing. I purchased it several years ago and they still have them only they are a little bit different. I always get comments on it even from people that don't understand what it signifies.

Another place to shop on Barb's bucket list

Thanks Christine

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm 

Barb, you go girl. Happy shopping. It should be an Olympic sport! Lol.